ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
Hard to believe there isn't a dedicated thread about it. Does this indicate a ho hum attitude about the democrats, or more a statement regarding the median age of the forum ( as in, not old enough to vote )?

Biden makes a good speech and I can honestly say I didn't find much I disagreed with. It is annoying how Hillary is in the crowd, and they are constantly panning the camera to her and I have to look at that fake smile. What I didn't hear from Biden was anything about drilling. It should outrage people that ninety miles of the coast of Florida Chinese oil companies are drilling near Cuba, yet it is illegal for our companies to do so. In my recent stay in Erie P.A. I was shocked to learn that on the Canadian side of the lake there are over five hundred drilling platforms and wells, sucking oil and natural gas, when on our side of the lake there are none.

Some faces in the crowd looked shocked when he promised to expand the fight in Afghanistan into Pakistan.

Americas standing in the eyes of the world has been tarnished, but the democrats have kept funding the war machine, as long as their pork sees our greenbacks. Bill Clinton fairly boils over with swagger. It is a pity that he fails to see that he was too present in Hillaries campaign, and her election became about electing him again too.

The American people are far worse off overall financially than before Bush took office. Just on the issue of home values alone, forget anything else, things are much worse. We are working more for less and the banks are screwing us with sky high interest rates and deceptive practices.

Any body else watch?
SealXo
+309|6535
His speech fucking scared me.

They did a close up on Michelle and you could see her lipping 'no'... with her helpless face it was epic.
(whoever karmad' me, no it was michelle, her face was a sad face and she was shaking her head as he was going on and on)

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-27 20:47:13)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
i don't feel adequately represented by either candidate at this point...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
When it comes to drilling...  "they drink our milkshake."

Still, drilling isn't really going to help much.  More refineries would help, but moving away from oil would help the most.
ATG
Banned

S.Lythberg wrote:

i don't feel adequately represented by either candidate at this point...
So what is your beef?

Does anyone know if we can right in Ron Paul or if he will be on the ballot?
SealXo
+309|6535

Turquoise wrote:

Still, drilling isn't really going to help much.  More refineries would help, but moving away from oil would help the most.
Speculation speculation speculation
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Did he mention when the surprise Muslim invasion would be?
SealXo
+309|6535
I'd just like to mention the Dow was at 16,000 when the dems took the congress, and gas was 2 bucks. I got scared when he was saying we need to 'take america back' isnt that what hitler said about germany after ww1 when they were in massive debt?

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-27 20:49:25)

Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I've been watching.  Nothing much to comment on.  The only real annoyance has been the diehard Hillary fans, still pissed that Obama upset Hillary's seemingly presumptive, entitled Presidental ascendancy.  A bunch of spiteful dykes.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Reciprocity wrote:

I've been watching.  Nothing much to comment on.  The only real annoyance has been the diehard Hillary fans, still pissed that Obama upset Hillary's seemingly presumptive, entitled Presidental ascendancy.  A bunch of spiteful dykes.
I heard some interviews with some of her supporters. I know this is a generalization, but Democrats seem so unpractically dramatic.
Reciprocity

SealXo wrote:

I'd just like to mention the Dow was at 16,000 when the dems took the congress, and gas was 2 bucks.
that's very insightful.
SealXo
+309|6535
I also thought that saying John McCain had poor judgement was a poor statement and crossed the line a bit. Especially after he said that Obama had no judgement, no experience, and would be proud to run with McCain... Shows you how much of a lie politicians live.
Turquoise
O Canada

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah, speculation definitely has an effect on oil prices, but still...  alternative energy is where it's at.
SealXo
+309|6535

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah, speculation definitely has an effect on oil prices, but still...  alternative energy is where it's at.
Both. Foreign oil is a secutiry risk and isn't good for the economy. We can't just go cold turkey, we need to wean off, and id rather wean off with cheaper gas.
Turquoise
O Canada

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Both. Foreign oil is a secutiry risk and isn't good for the economy. We can't just go cold turkey, we need to wean off, and id rather wean off with cheaper gas.
Iraq has a lot of oil...  We have a lot of troops near that oil....  hmmmm
Reciprocity

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

If gas was cheap why would people wean themselves off?
SealXo
+309|6535

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If it were me id suck that dry, but if we did wed have all the hippies going "see told you so all we went there for was oil"

Reciprocity wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If gas was cheap why would people wean themselves off?
Alright, we have natural gas cars, what about semis, trucks, airplanes ,and helicopters? And how would, say an airplane company be able to invest in new planes, or gm be able to totally restart there company, when the stocks are in the shitter. we need to rebuild the economy first, and tax and spend isnt the right way. cheaper oil would rally the economy.

How would the suffering american simply be able to trash there gas car and buy a new one?

Governemt program you might say? Funded by higher taxes, which we cannot afford at the moment.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-27 21:07:54)

ATG
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Neocon!
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Neocon!
Only halfway in a foreign policy sense...

I just don't like halfassing invasions.  If you're gonna do it...  do it all the way.

I'm against most invasions overall though.
Turquoise
O Canada

pierro wrote:

Speculation- If speculation led to over-inflation in oil prices wouldn't people not be buying this overinflated amount. The only other way it would mess things up would be through hoarding which isn't happening
Oil refineries- Isn't the fact that oil prices are so similar to gasoline etc... prices indicative of the market speaking on the issue that we don't need oil refineries?
To a point...  Refineries would help in the long run because they would increase supply -- a lot moreso than drilling would.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Hmmm..

Drilling will help much.  Offshore and in the woods of Montana, North/South Dakota and Alaska just to name a few.  In my state we have a fairly large area that could be tapped for Oil but its on Land set aside as a "monument"  (thats another gripe of mine but for a different day).  I believe there are 3-5 (3 for sure) Oil Refineries operating in Montana. Moving away from Oil is going to be one helluva task. If some genius figures it out, he'll own the world.

You can't just produce these spiffy Hybrid cars and expect everybody to trade off their vehicle for one. Not that simple.  (for example I couldn't do my job at ALL with a hybrid car, I need a 4x4 Truck)  The Key is to make an alternate fuel that will work just dandy in your standard internal combustion engine.  Thats the ticket, not some new fancy vehicle.
ATG
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Neocon!
Only halfway in a foreign policy sense...

I just don't like halfassing invasions.  If you're gonna do it...  do it all the way.

I'm against most invasions overall though.
I agree there.
SealXo
+309|6535

S3v3N wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Hmmm..

Drilling will help much.  Offshore and in the woods of Montana, North/South Dakota and Alaska just to name a few.  In my state we have a fairly large area that could be tapped for Oil but its on Land set aside as a "monument"  (thats another gripe of mine but for a different day).  I believe there are 3-5 (3 for sure) Oil Refineries operating in Montana. Moving away from Oil is going to be one helluva task. If some genius figures it out, he'll own the world.

You can't just produce these spiffy Hybrid cars and expect everybody to trade off their vehicle for one. Not that simple.  (for example I couldn't do my job at ALL with a hybrid car, I need a 4x4 Truck)  The Key is to make an alternate fuel that will work just dandy in your standard internal combustion engine.  Thats the ticket, not some new fancy vehicle.
Exactly what i mean, people like there luxury cars, and people need there trucks also. And Semis are needed to move food, which is expensive because of the fuel prices to move it.

I heard about the oil shales, sounds expensive but with 4$ a gallon gas it sounds good. And fuck the caribu.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-27 21:12:40)

Turquoise
O Canada

S3v3N wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Hmmm..

Well, if you're referring to the Bakken oil formation, I agree.  That would be the best place to pull more oil from without much litigation getting in the way.  There's some place in North Dakota in the middle of nowhere where the oil rigs are cropping up like wildfire.  That's the place to drill.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
My gripe that involves the Democrats.. specifically Clinton when he was running the show.

In is infinite wisdom, he set aside Half of the County I live in, as well as parts of the Counties that surround mine.  Now this Land is a monument. 

Monument?  its land.. not a fucking statue, its hills, grass, tree's, rocks and a few streams of water. That's part of the problem..

The second half is this, I hear it from two sides as my job details that I go out and look at the roads and say "yeah its a road, it needs to have a blade run over it to smooth it out and the bridge on the creek is falling apart" and "Oh Noes! this road has been traveled way to much and needs to be shut down during the Months of XX to XX"  So I get praise for rebuilding the road and scorned for closing them and vice versa. however this is where it gets abit tricky.  Inside the boundaries of this Monument, is private land. Privately owned land by individuals and corporations.  So How Do I justify closing a highly traveled road that's causing erosion to travels to private land? 

Next is fire protection.   Through God's will and random lightening strikes, we get wild land fires.  Now how in the shit do you get XX number of fire trucks to the fire that is burning the Monument? I can't have flame retardant dropped, cutting down tree's is a NO-NO and I can't let it burn, but its black in writing that the Volunteer Fire Department (which I'm a member of) can drive to the scene of a fire while trying to minimize the impact the vehicles have on said Monument Land. Its written in this huge freaking encyclopedia of bullshit that the rural fire departments will be the initial attack until the Bureau of Land Management Fire Crews arrive on scene....

aahh the bullshit that I have to deal with..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard