Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?

Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components
    of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves
    the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers.
    These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery
    of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.
Fuck yeah, lez do this shit. Of course I'll have to talk it over with my parents, though.

God, fuck the internet.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6324|New Haven, CT
Yeah, do it. The asshole deserves it. Seriously.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine

Poseidon wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

use shady means to get it back from them
Poseidon.... isnt it obvious?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rorschach time
I fucking would, honestly.

I think this has taught me a valuable lesson.

1) Use a different password for EVERYTHING.
2) Make them VERY, VERY difficult.
3) Never trust secure information with your account
4) The internet sucks.
The only thing you should have learned is: Look at the URL before you enter your credentials.

If you're logging into Myspace and the URL looks like: http:// 12.56.44.64/ima-steal-your-fucking-login-bitch.php, then you're doing something wrong.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-08-27 02:18:46)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CrazeD wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Poseidon.... isnt it obvious?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rorschach time

4) The internet sucks.
The only thing you should have learned is: Look at the URL before you enter your credentials.

If you're logging into Myspace and the URL looks like: http:// 12.56.44.64/ima-steal-your-fucking-login-bitch.php, then you're doing something wrong.
No no, I know. Don't worry. But I don't think that's what happened, tbh. I would've seen it. Maybe I was just oblivious at the moment, who knows?

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-08-27 02:22:22)

Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272
You have nothing to lose - Do it.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine

Poseidon wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

4) The internet sucks.

No no, I know. Don't worry. But I don't think that's what happened, tbh. I would've seen it. Maybe I was just oblivious at the moment, who knows?
Well, that's what phishing is.

Unless your password was short, easy to guess, or in a dictionary... in which case it could have been brute forced.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng

Hakei wrote:

Joey S. wrote:

looool, am I the only one finding this amusing?
No
K I L L  Y O U R S E L F
#rekt
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272

Mint Sauce wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Joey S. wrote:

looool, am I the only one finding this amusing?
No
K I L L  Y O U R S E L F
^
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6460|UK
Press charges I'd say, piece of shit should stick to wanking over pictures of cartoons!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
How did they manage to hack into your accounts?

As in, surely you must've done something which made it easy for them
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

same passwords...

And even if it wasn't,password reset would be sent to his email address and then changed.
jamiet757
+138|6622

GodFather wrote:

My golden rule: Never type credit card info unless on a site thats secure like Paypal...

Never email

Never Text

Say it over the phone, or in person.

Hope you get your shit back, its a common thing, so im sure theres protocol for it.
Yeah tell your mom that, email is not secure, not only can people break into your account, but people can sniff emails traveling through their network. A hundred people could have read that email before you got it for all you know.

Also, if you remember what site you went to to type in your password, or if you still have the email or whatever, go to whois.org and lookup the domain, chances are you will find his name and address right there, some people are dense.

Last edited by jamiet757 (2008-08-27 05:40:00)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Tell them, maybe? ..
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6447|Boulder, CO
Hell yes you should prosecute the bastard, even if they aren't going to use any of your major details like the credit card information they still committed a fairly big crime in getting it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

CrazeD wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Well, that's what phishing is.

Unless your password was short, easy to guess, or in a dictionary... in which case it could have been brute forced.
Exactly. You'd have to be pretty stupid to get phished on something as easy to type as facebook.com. Which you presumably have a shortcut for as well. Or you clicked on a link in an email. Which should be what you learned. NEVER CLICK ON SHIT IN AN EMAIL.

Weirdly, I got an email from my 'bank' the other day. I knew it was a phishing attempt, but what was weird was the first time that I've gotten one (other than the PayPal ones you get) it was actually supposed to be from the people I bank with. I clicked the link out of curiousity, but FF blocked it anyway. Did make me wonder if somehow my banks servers had been compromised and they had access to the clients email addresses.

PS. Take the fucker down that did it.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
If you ever swap card details over email NEVER include the back number thing, always get the person to tell you it over the phone, that way the card isn't usable if someone hacks your email.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I GOT THAT SHIT BACK NIGS, BOOYAH

YAHOO CUSTOMER SUPPORT <33333333

Called them up as soon as it hit 9...could barely talk because 1) I just got up and 2) I wasn't sure if I could get it back...

Got on the phone with a woman, told her my story....she asked me my date of birth and I told her the day/month because I didn't remember the year. She said she needed the year so I asked if she could take anything else...she said my security question and I got it wrong the first time but right the second. Then she asked for my zipcode and I got that right too.

FUCK YEAH, THE INTERNET IS NO MATCH FOR ME.

/masculinity
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK
wait wat? surely forgetting what year you were born in is pretty damn hard

grats on getting it back though.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

wait wat? surely forgetting what year you were born in is pretty damn hard

grats on getting it back though.
Thanks, and thanks for the advice.

I dunno, I was like 12 (it was like 4 years ago) when I made the account and I always (hell, I still do) make a false year.

FUCK I'm happy now.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

same passwords...

And even if it wasn't,password reset would be sent to his email address and then changed.
wtf has same passwords got to do with anything

How did they fucking find out one of the passwords in the first place?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6766|UK

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

same passwords...

wtf has same passwords got to do with anything

How did they fucking find out one of the passwords in the first place?
you know those fake ATMs that people stick over the top of real ones that take your pin number and stuff? That's exactly what phishing is accept its fake websites.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Oh, so he went onto a fake website and put his password in.

Cmon Sydon, I thought you were more computer savvy than that. That's the oldest trick in the book

If someone has your pin but they don't have your card it's pretty useless isn't it? Unless they mug you right after you put your pin in the ATM.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-27 06:52:38)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Cmon Sydon, I thought you were more computer savvy than that. That's the oldest trick in the book
I don't know what happened. I really don't think that was it. I truly think he actually hacked into my account.

And I actually think I know who it was, too. Kid from my school...I checked my sent facebook messages and there was a message to this kid I've gotten into a huge (verbal) thing with before, telling him I was gonna "fuck him up". Way I see it is, if he got someone to hack my account, he could get him to send that message to him so he'd have "evidence" that I tried to start shit.

Regardless of the fact that it was typed with a bunch of "u"'s and other shit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I don't know what happened. I really don't think that was it. I truly think he actually hacked into my account.

And I actually think I know who it was, too. Kid from my school...I checked my sent facebook messages and there was a message to this kid I've gotten into a huge (verbal) thing with before, telling him I was gonna "fuck him up". Way I see it is, if he got someone to hack my account, he could get him to send that message to him so he'd have "evidence" that I tried to start shit.

Yeah, sounds pretty obvious if they've gone and started sending messages straight to public sydon enemy #1 as soon as they hacked your account. That or it's someone else that's deliberately trying to start shit between you two.

The plot thickens
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah, sounds pretty obvious if they've gone and started sending messages straight to public sydon enemy #1 as soon as they hacked your account. That or it's someone else that's deliberately trying to start shit between you two.

The plot thickens
Yep. School starts in a week, if he tries anything, I'll know it was him.

Edit: And I'll just tell him if he ever gets anybody to do that shit again, I'll have him put in Gitmo...if he even knows what that is.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-08-27 07:00:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard