Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
PES 09 demo was out yesterday on the PSN. Wasn't impressed. Didn't feel anywhere near as good as FIFA 09 was. Disappointed really.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
After waiting for both demos to come out so I could compare the two, all I can say is that Konami has let me down again ...

I had high hopes for PES 09 but after waiting for the demo and playing it, it looks like more of the same.  Konami really needs to build a next-gen game engine if it wants to start competing with FIFA again.  It seems like they are just recycling the PS2 engine over and over again and adding minor touches each year.

It's a shame because PES really was the true football fans game.  I'll probably buy FIFA tonight after work, I feel dirty.

Edit:

Zimmer wrote:

Demo is out. Played it. Truly shit. I mean, ubelievably shit. I was so disappointed.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2008-10-03 10:00:22)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
Well here's the review zimmer wanted, an in depth review of how FIFA plays, I know which one i'll be gettin (hint: its not PES)
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fifa- … 3536218032
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

An update on this large battle. In IGNs eyes, PES have finally lost.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/918/918049p1.html

It was expected.

Also, Champions League Final Intro and Ending :
http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/c … ro-ending/

Utter failure of animations, with players not properly touching, the manager getting swallowed, shorts being like skirts.... FIFA wins for me. Although I will still get PES09 as a backup.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London
Some stuff that's pissing me off about fifa:

The tackling in fifa09 is like watching 2 conkers hit each other at high speed...both players fall on the floor in a heap or stumble drunkedly around after the ''collision''...the ball spills out, and the team with the nearest sober player picks up the ball. The referee does nothing most of the time. 

Tackling from behind is too effective. If a striker gets past you you can just follow and bumrape him till you get the ball. If you're playing on world class then you may actually end up fouling them a few times but it still works more often than not.

The AI which controls your teammates is also retarded. After retrieving a loose ball it's only a matter of seconds before a blind teamate bulldozes into you and both players collapse on the ground. They then proceed to roll around for a bit so you have to defend with 9 men. Sometimes a 3rd and 4th player will trip over them as well.   

I'm playing on world class and have yet to see the AI not at least hit the woodwork with free kicks.

I know fifa is supposed to be less responsive than pro evo but after getting around the keeper in a 1 on 1 I've seen a striker take so many extra touches before taking the shot that he ends up running it in.

All in all though it's better than the POS that was pes2008 and sadly probs better than pes2009 as well
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

Aries_37 wrote:

The tackling in fifa09 is like watching 2 conkers hit each other at high speed...both players fall on the floor in a heap or stumble drunkedly around after the ''collision''...the ball spills out, and the team with the nearest sober player picks up the ball. The referee does nothing most of the time. 

Tackling from behind is too effective. If a striker gets past you you can just follow and bumrape him till you get the ball. If you're playing on world class then you may actually end up fouling them a few times but it still works more often than not.

The AI which controls your teammates is also retarded. After retrieving a loose ball it's only a matter of seconds before a blind teamate bulldozes into you and both players collapse on the ground. They then proceed to roll around for a bit so you have to defend with 9 men. Sometimes a 3rd and 4th player will trip over them as well.   

I'm playing on world class and have yet to see the AI not at least hit the woodwork with free kicks.

I know fifa is supposed to be less responsive than pro evo but after getting around the keeper in a 1 on 1 I've seen a striker take so many extra touches before taking the shot that he ends up running it in.

All in all though it's better than the POS that was pes2008 and sadly probs better than pes2009 as well
Are u playing the same game as me? I barely ever collide with my own players and tackling is pretty good. In a real match you barely ever have the ball under control straight after a tackle. Realism jez, get used to it
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London

bennisboy wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

Are u playing the same game as me? I barely ever collide with my own players and tackling is pretty good. In a real match you barely ever have the ball under control straight after a tackle. Realism jez, get used to it
Hmm after trying the ps3 version maybe we aren't playing the same game The pc version looks like it's been gimped- no training mode, no tactics, and worse graphics compared to the console versions.

Equality plox :'(
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

PC game is not the same. It was not made by the same developers.

Also, an accurate review on PES09. FINALLY. No more PES fans giving their opinion :
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/pes20 … ot;thumb;3
Thr1lls33k4
+4|6343|Maastricht, Netherlands
I would go for FIFA...I always have played FIFA and when you read the reviews of both PES and FIFA 09 it seems that FIFA has improved a lot and PES is getting worse. PES has shit graphics and licences are shit, but for some people maybe still the better gameplay. I would prefer FIFA

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

How are they even different? I hate them both equally.
What a bs...
There are lot of differences between the two games? And btw there is nothing better on the console than playing a nice football game with friends.

Last edited by Thr1lls33k4 (2008-10-25 12:42:59)

rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853
having played/got both fifa 09 and pes 2009 on the P.C (torrents of course), i have to say pes2009 is better on the P.C format.

Fifa is the same old boring game, the pes2009 demo was crap but the game is pretty good, especially the become a legend mode which has a better concept than the "be a pro mode", i played it 3 hours straight that mode and i cannot remember ever playing a game, let alone a mode for more than an hour

might buy pro evo for the online, when the price drops
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

rammunition wrote:

having played/got both fifa 09 and pes 2009 on the P.C (torrents of course), i have to say pes2009 is better on the P.C format.

Fifa is the same old boring game, the pes2009 demo was crap but the game is pretty good, especially the become a legend mode which has a better concept than the "be a pro mode", i played it 3 hours straight that mode and i cannot remember ever playing a game, let alone a mode for more than an hour

Ugh.

/facepalm

FIFA09 for the PC is NOT what we are talking about here. FIFA09 PC is a COMPLETELY different game to the console one ( as in, it was made by different developers. )
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Ugh.

/facepalm

FIFA09 for the PC is NOT what we are talking about here. FIFA09 PC is a COMPLETELY different game to the console one ( as in, it was made by different developers. )
Since when is this a Console only thread?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

The discussion about how good FIFA is and how good PES is can only be applied to consoles in this case. Why? Because it's an unfair comaprison if you do not.
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

The discussion about how good FIFA is and how good PES is can only be applied to consoles in this case. Why? Because it's an unfair comaprison if you do not.
How is it unfair? They were both released at the same time, and both for Windows.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
I've been playing PES more with my mates now, I'm growing accustomed to it. I think PES is a good game to play around with a group of mates, but FIFA is a more serious football game that you play more on your own and properly.

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-10-27 09:42:59)

Jenspm
penis

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I've been playing PES more with my mates now, I'm growing accustomed to it. I think PES is a good game to play around with a group of mates, but FIFA is a more serious football game that you play more on your own and properly.
This is exactly how I see it.

PES is more fun with friends, FIFA is more fun alone. (though, I've only played FIFA for 45 minutes )

Last edited by Jenspm (2008-10-27 09:44:42)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

How is it unfair? They were both released at the same time, and both for Windows.
Because the REAL fifa09 game is for the console, and the REAL PES09 game if for both PC and cosole. It's not fair because there is no difference between PES09 on console and PES09 on PC. Whereas with FIFA09 there is.

Mek : I do agree with that point. PES09 is more of a join up and play game with more than 2 players - but FIFA09 can't be played with more than 2.
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Because the REAL fifa09 game is for the console, and the REAL PES09 game if for both PC and cosole. It's not fair because there is no difference between PES09 on console and PES09 on PC. Whereas with FIFA09 there is.
So, in the same way, I could say that it's unfair to compare FIFA and PES on consoles, because Konami used a lot of time developing PES for the PC as well?

Comparing PES09 and FIFA09 on the PC is perfectly ok.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

So, in the same way, I could say that it's unfair to compare FIFA and PES on consoles, because Konami used a lot of time developing PES for the PC as well?

Huh? It was a basic port... just like every other PES on the PC.
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

If it was that basic... Why didn't EA "basic port" FIFA09 over to the PC?
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853

Jenspm wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

If it was that basic... Why didn't EA "basic port" FIFA09 over to the PC?
they should have, but thats e.a's loss, Fifa 09 on the P.C also has the DRM crap
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
to update this a bit.....

after playing both fifa10 and PES 2010 i totally hands down prefer PES.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK

11 Bravo wrote:

to update this a bit.....

after playing both fifa10 and PES 2010 i totally hands down prefer PES.
Seriously I mean I've been a Pro evo fan for quite some time. I've only played the demo of PES10 and brought FIFA10. I mean FIFA10 impressed me so much with the demo. PES10 just felt like PES9 with nicer graphics.

Oh and does the computer still force your player to professionally foul in the penalty area like in PES09 that really fucked me off!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
never played pes09.  fifa10 takes the cake on graphics and such.  but i like the gameplay of pes much better.  plus i like their become a legend mode better.  and they have the UEFA so thats cool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard