BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5993|Dallas
I was just looking at my stats today, pondering my coolness, and thinking how nice it will be to have that nice, shiny diamond in my Master Gunnery Sargent insigna....

All of a sudden, my heart skips a beat to see I need the Knife Badge. Unfortunately, I have less than 900 points to do it. It doesnt seem much to some people, but for an Anti-Tank-Wake-Island-Eryx-firing guy like me, its a bigger challenge than I thought.

So, do the battlemasters of Bf2 have any tips for me on getting my knife badge before I get 900 points? I thought about going on Karkand, but last time I visited I nearly lost my soul ...something like 25 deaths, 20 kills I think ...

Ive already tried...

Joining a n00b server and tricking PFC's into knife fights...
Karkand, Oman, Wake, etc....
I hate medic-whoring...
Maybe Dragon Valley? Maybe assassinating the enemy commander 7 times would work . Any thoughts, guys? Thx

Last edited by BigOrangeArmy (2008-08-25 13:31:58)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
Pistol Knife server.
#rekt
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Mint Sauce wrote:

Pistol Knife server.
Yeah, and then when someone asks you why you were on one just say: "I was ruining their fun, I wasn't actually padding". It's what everyone else does.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
You either need to play on an I/O server, or you need a map where there is plenty of room not accessible by vehicles.

I would suggest Ghost Town from SF or Great Wall from EF as there is a lot of infantry fighting on the buildings and the top of the wall respectively, but you don't seem to have either of those.

I'd say try Sharqi Peninsula. There's a lot of buildings too and often you can stab a lot of snipers on the roofs, especially the TV station if your team (re)captures that flag.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

you need 7 kills with the knife?  come on
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

you just have to get brave...I probably have the least kills with knives than anyone here...'cuz I'm a chicken...when I come up behind someone and they don't know I am there...i panic a little...lol

...but I wanted the badge, so I just got brave for a little while.

oh, but I still panic a little when I get behind someone.  Usually start spraying bullets everywhere and completely miss them...lol(really though)
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
there are actually quite a few opportunities, but it will cost you some drain on your KDR....

when ever you are fairly close to someone, specially snipers, Whip your knife out and charge like a motherfucker.
You will get killed often, but you will get a sense for when this move is possible and when it is not. A good portion of the time if you do it in the right situation it kinda catches the other guy off guard, your rushing and you have the chance for the one hit kill, they know their gun likely wont do the same, so they have to split there focus between evading and aiming... Aiming usually suffers enough that you can get quite a few of them. Also for a lot of people its harder to hit a guy who is right up in their face moving around them then one farther off, because you go out of frame with less movement (also making it harder to aim for a head shot)

I am talking about <10m here, not like 20-50 meter rush....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Find a place where people snipe.

That or
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6320|Orrstrayleea

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Find a place where people snipe.

That or
Laika
+75|5941
Join a 64 player Karkand server with about 10-20 people in it and just stab people all round.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Or like Mint said do a k&p server. I know I did because my k/d suck enough as it is.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
7 kills? I get 7 odd knife kills in IO servers occasionally. If I get behind enemies, I go ninja on their ass with my knife.

Got 18 kills in a round once, completely legit, when I got my gold badge back in 1.02.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
Even if he gets 7 kills in a round with the knife, he only needs 5 for the expert.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6238|Man Diego

Globefish had it right:  You should try it on an I/O server.  Ghost Town would be my recommendation as well.  Lots of buildings and cover.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
It's pretty easy on wake, tbh. Just take a heli to fly over the enemy's backline and work your way to your own base, knifing everything in your way ;D
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng
I was just pissing about on Karkand with Spec-Ops cos I was bored of Medic () and I was C4ing and Knifing bitches, my KDR was about 7, you just need to rush people, and they will panic, some guy missed every single shot from an entire G36e clip because I was just running at him like a demented dog..

Also, I use my defibs to kill on a regular basis, so you could do the same but translate to Knife..

liquidat0r wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Pistol Knife server.
Yeah, and then when someone asks you why you were on one just say: "I was ruining their fun, I wasn't actually padding". It's what everyone else does.
Lol yeah, but I do occassionally go in and raep them all with my MR-444.

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/ec0b47dbb4d30ac783c763401a16bf11342ce7f9.jpg

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-08-26 02:22:09)

#rekt
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6325|Australia

globefish23 wrote:

You either need to play on an I/O server, or you need a map where there is plenty of room not accessible by vehicles.

I would suggest Ghost Town from SF or Great Wall from EF as there is a lot of infantry fighting on the buildings and the top of the wall respectively, but you don't seem to have either of those.

I'd say try Sharqi Peninsula. There's a lot of buildings too and often you can stab a lot of snipers on the roofs, especially the TV station if your team (re)captures that flag.
1. Ghost town FTW. Go either assault or AT and grapple onto the buildings that have snipers on them. Easy pickings.

2. Flashbangs could work, stunning them and then knifing them. I know of someone who got their expert pistol this way.

3. Join a game in which your team has a commander and the other team does not. Hide off to the side and watch the UAV. Wait until and enemy passes by and then follow them and stab them from behind.
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5769|A W S M F O X

Mint Sauce wrote:

I was just pissing about on Karkand with Spec-Ops cos I was bored of Medic () and I was C4ing and Knifing bitches, my KDR was about 7, you just need to rush people, and they will panic, some guy missed every single shot from an entire G36e clip because I was just running at him like a demented dog..

Also, I use my defibs to kill on a regular basis, so you could do the same but translate to Knife..

liquidat0r wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Pistol Knife server.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ … 2ce7f9.jpg
F A I L
cheify0
+2|6226|Philippines
io server is the best...
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

A W S M F O X R O X wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

F A I L
K I L L  Y O U R S E L F
#rekt
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5832|Australia
Click my stats in the control panel on the left of this post. I have 4500 points or so and i have expert knife.

Its easy as shit to get, go sneak up on snipers, find noobs who sit there while your jumping around and shoot you with 1 shot, and just knife people in close quarters, its e-z as π

EDIT: thats the pi symbol

Last edited by Acreta (2008-08-26 05:08:21)

https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5769|A W S M F O X

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

F A I L
K I L L  Y O U R S E L F
Sorry, I'm not the one posting screenies of "pistol ownage" IN A PISTOL/KNIFE SERVER, GG harris.
BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|5993|Dallas
Ill try Ghost Town IO, i thinks...and then maybe Sharqi.

Oh, and whats a good (*looks around forums for Oranghound*) k&p server? Just if I need some, uh, help ?
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5769|A W S M F O X

BigOrangeArmy wrote:

Oh, and whats a good (*looks around forums for Oranghound*) k&p server? Just if I need some, uh, help ?
Look for the one mints "owning" on.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6284|eng

BigOrangeArmy wrote:

Look for the one mints "owning" on.
Shit yeah biznatch. L2read, that was like 2 months ago. GG, prawncake.
#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard