tuckergustav
+1,590|5914|...

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Dunno, never found out really, got too bored before I finished it...

10 pages in the beginning, 10 in the middle, 10 at the end is how I finished every single book that I had to read for school/college.
I wrote an entire book report based of those exact things...beginning, middle, end...I got a decent grade on it, but that just proves that my teacher probably did the same thing when reading the report...'cuz when I actually read the book..I was WAY off...lol
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

About 3-5 months.
250 pages.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K
I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 12 hours
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6597|England

haffeysucks wrote:

rh27 wrote:

I'm a speed reader at around 600-800 words a minute
how'd you measure that?  i'd like to measure my reading speed, i like to think i'm pretty fast.
I was officially measured back in college, but a quick google search came up with this application

http://www.spreeder.com/

You can alter the words per minute, just paste some text in and increase the wpm til you can't keep up.
Brasso
+1,549|6631

rh27 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

rh27 wrote:

how'd you measure that?  i'd like to measure my reading speed, i like to think i'm pretty fast.
I was officially measured back in college, but a quick google search came up with this application

You can alter the words per minute, just paste some text in and increase the wpm til you can't keep up.
thanks!  it's a little hard with that website though, as my eyes are used to moving left to right instead of staring at one spot.  my contacts get all blurry from my lack of blinking.

edit: alright, i played around with the settings a little and got around 550.  i think if it were an actual book i could definitely do better though.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-08-25 15:31:00)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Defiance
+438|6671

The last book I read, 189 pages, was done in the space of two days.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

rh27 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

rh27 wrote:

Does that thing actually change after a while? I'm up to 1500 now and I can't say it feels much faster than 1000. It says at the top of the screen that the speed is correct. :S

EDIT: Yeah it doesn't work all that fast. Whacked it up to 2000 and it's still easy.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2008-08-25 16:03:27)

rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6597|England
Oh, in that case I don't know what to suggest. I never actually used that program I just searched and it seemed like it would do the job.

Sorry about that.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Several months.
OxenBreeder
+46|5766|KTRI
What's a book?
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|6000|Rexburg, Idaho
Depends on how interested I am in the book.

I read one of the bigger harry potter books in 48 hours.

and I read the sum of all fears in about a week. (great book btw)
A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5771|A W S M F O X
300 pages? A sitting past that a few days, if its really good, I'll read it over a few days to savour it.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6327|Australia
If it's a book I really want to read, a single day. Took me about 8 hours to read a 500 page book.

If it's a book that I like, several days - for example, the HP books.

If it's a book I'm not interested in (such as most of the books I had to read in school): Weeks. But that is just picking the book  up - even if I don't really like it, I can finished it in < a week. It's just getting into it which is the problem.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

I got a 500 page book for Christmas last year and started reading it on Boxing Day, and finished it in a car trip that lasted 3 or 4 hours....that is the fastest I would read though, a new book I was looking forward to and enjoyed.

Books that I dont enjoy take forever though.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
13rin
+977|6479
Try reading Dorsey.  He's a fucking riot.  You won't want to put down any of his books.  They are about a psycho with a great attitude and sense of humor. I read fast (once clocked at 650 wpm w/ 100% comprehension by the Sylvan learning center).
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard