CameronPoe
+2,925|6571

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Is it just me or is C-Span actually a decent channel.
if you want to fall asleep or commit suicide its a good channel i guess
I'd rather hear straight news than listen to 'news' anchors lace interview questions with petty bullshit. Yesterday I saw Howard Dean take completely random questions for which he could not have prepared from members of the public phoning in on C-span: that's how things should be done.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6359|tropical regions of london

CameronPoe wrote:

Is it just me or is C-Span actually a decent channel. I've been watching it on and off in the evenings here in Boston and it seems straight up, while CNN and Fox bicker inanely and immaturely about bullshit things like Senator Biden's hair...
cspan shows 1/2 hour segments of the british parliament too.

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-25 13:45:58)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England

God Save the Queen wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Is it just me or is C-Span actually a decent channel. I've been watching it on and off in the evenings here in Boston and it seems straight up, while CNN and Fox bicker inanely and immaturely about bullshit things like Senator Biden's hair...
cpasn shows 1/2 hour segments of the british parliament too.
Our Parliament is a joke. Literally. If you ever watch some of the "debates" it's definitely worse than here. You'd think cos they're proper politicians it wouldn't be but it is.

They don't even have proper mods to keep order

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-25 13:47:16)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

Icleos wrote:

I don't care how many degrees he has or what prestigious school he went to.
When you step down to belittle an individual publicly in that fashion, not only does it make you look fucking stupid but it's clearly not leadership material.
Shouting that my IQ is higher than yours sounds like a 10 year old saying I did better than you on a test.  He may believe he has a higher "IQ" but his public appeal will be way below average after that disgusting kid fight.  No one likes a dick...
Apparently, the people of Delaware like him.  He's been one of their Senators since 1973.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6010|Truthistan

Spearhead wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You would have sounded like a pompous question dodging ass. It's no win. You might as well beat the wolves back if they are going to spin it any way they want.
The reporter wasn't asking a question, he was making a point and trying to engage Biden about it to get quotes.  He was very successful, and made Biden look stupid and childish.

Obviously the reporter new the answer or he wouldn't have ask Biden, he would have gotten the school records. 

He lost the second he mentioned IQ.  Everyone with half a brain knows that IQ test are administered to find out if someone is stupid, not smart.  That is their whole purpose and they are way too subjective to be considered an indication of superior intellect.  If a person wants to find someone who is smart they administer aptitude tests in the areas the person needs to be gifted in.

Now go take the Tickle IQ test and brag to your friends how smart you are Biden.  OMG, maybe you will even have a higher IQ than Sharon Stone.
Dude...........

The reporter was being a douchebag, the IQ thing was a half serious insult, and listing all his accomplishments is perfectly ok.  You totally didnt get what was going on in the video.
I have to agree with Spearhead. That reporter was being a douche bag, in fact I think I recognize that reporter. "Frank" is now a regular commentator on CNBC and is always asking dumb questions and always has that stupid slit of smile after he asks them. I actually think "Frank's" job on CNBC is to look dumb so that the douche bag dummies appearing on CNBC look intelligent as they suck each others dyks.

Anyway, Biden was stumping in a room full of press. If he wasn't full of bull and bluster those piranhas would have torn him a new one.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard