Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..
+167|5797|loves Stimey <3 |
I recently started to listen (and dance lmfao) to these both genres. What are your favourite artists?

^epic win

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-08-24 03:35:41)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

that is considered music?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK

max wrote:

that is considered music?
btw this is how the French dance in their clubs. loool.

also OP stop listening to this shit and listen to some breakbeat.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-24 03:54:04)

hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6504|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Everyone has diffrent tastes in music max, if we didnt the world would be a very boring place.

I sometimes listen to house music when im gaming.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

I love house, especially the progressive and deep stuff.

Too many artists and DJs to name here though.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone
The Shapeshifters.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

mtb0minime wrote:

Just name a few

.Sup wrote:

The Shapeshifters.
lolwut?

Last edited by Ecilop Murof (2008-08-24 04:18:20)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6340|Orrstrayleea
House = Fail

Only electronika i'll listen to is Hardstyle or Hardtrance
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

House = Fail

Only electronika i'll listen to is Hardstyle or Hardtrance
links
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5771|Roma
Tektonik is a lame type of dance, it looks really really moronic, same as jumpstyle.
Eventhough I still like house, I much prefer listening to Daft Punk, Justice, Digitalism, MSTRKRFT, Boyz Noize nad Maskinsen.
They have a more electronika style.

With them you don't dance, you just go fucking nuts.

check this.
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=sal9evZNIIk

Last edited by aerodynamic (2008-08-24 05:47:51)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488
All these genres of electronic music are fucking gimmicks... sorry, they're for the uninitiated and clueless.

Tektonik, hardstyle, jumpstyle, happy hardcore- they're all cheesy and cheap forms of electronic, simple and crude.

Listen to real house or microhouse. Check out releases by record-labels such as Kompakt or Bpitch Control- both German and both on fire in terms of quality. Then there's the 'Ibiza' style of house music - also called Balearic Beat - which has a much more summery vibe with lots of strange esoteric instruments such as bongo's. Works great! Aerodynamic touched upon the tip of the Parisian house scene, also commonly referred to as 'French electro'- Daft Punk being some early examples. I'd also recommend the likes of DJ Mehdi and Ratatat for a similar sound.

Vilham how can you recommend him some 'better' electronic music and then suggest breakbeat Hours and hours of the Amen Break looped, cut and rescratched is hardly comparable to music you'd dance to in a club. My own recommendations for 'real' house that has no bullshit is for stuff like Ellen Allien, Gui Boratto, Alex Under, Sebastian Leger, Felix Da Housecat and Vitalic. Many, many more...

Personally I can't listen to house or any similar genres for an extended length of time unless I'm actually in a club. Doesn't seem to work as well.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
Well yeah, hit the nail on the head right there Tarique, this sort of sound is only good when you're wasted and at a club. Which isn't exactly saying it's crap, just that it's only good when you're wasted and at a club.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6471|The Twilight Zone

Ecilop Murof wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Just name a few

.Sup wrote:

The Shapeshifters.
lolwut?
Its a band dummy.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5771|Roma
Daft Punk is actually French House, they have more house style rather than Electro but they are GOOOD.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Well yeah, hit the nail on the head right there Tarique, this sort of sound is only good when you're wasted and at a club. Which isn't exactly saying it's crap, just that it's only good when you're wasted and at a club.
It's more to do with the sound-systems bringing out more vibrancy in the tunes; making all of the little bass-drops and arpeggio's more noticeable and danceable .

And who the fuck is Tarique?

aerodynamic wrote:

Daft Punk is actually French House, they have more house style rather than Electro but they are GOOOD.
They WERE French House and they WERE good. They pretty much put the nail in that coffin after 'Around The World' and just started releasing stuff that wasn't really very close to their original 'Da Funk'-style French House at all... Steam Machine? The hell is that!

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-24 06:08:36)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
But mainly cos when you're wasted things seem more enjoyable.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488
Mainly yeah A decent-paced House track is so much more enjoyable when you're partying than some hyper-shite tripe by Scooter or whoever else the hardstyle kiddies listen to nowadays!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6784|UK

Uzique wrote:

All these genres of electronic music are fucking gimmicks... sorry, they're for the uninitiated and clueless.

Tektonik, hardstyle, jumpstyle, happy hardcore- they're all cheesy and cheap forms of electronic, simple and crude.

Listen to real house or microhouse. Check out releases by record-labels such as Kompakt or Bpitch Control- both German and both on fire in terms of quality. Then there's the 'Ibiza' style of house music - also called Balearic Beat - which has a much more summery vibe with lots of strange esoteric instruments such as bongo's. Works great! Aerodynamic touched upon the tip of the Parisian house scene, also commonly referred to as 'French electro'- Daft Punk being some early examples. I'd also recommend the likes of DJ Mehdi and Ratatat for a similar sound.

Vilham how can you recommend him some 'better' electronic music and then suggest breakbeat Hours and hours of the Amen Break looped, cut and rescratched is hardly comparable to music you'd dance to in a club. My own recommendations for 'real' house that has no bullshit is for stuff like Ellen Allien, Gui Boratto, Alex Under, Sebastian Leger, Felix Da Housecat and Vitalic. Many, many more...

Personally I can't listen to house or any similar genres for an extended length of time unless I'm actually in a club. Doesn't seem to work as well.
haha, what are you on!

im guessing you haven't actually heard any breakbeat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488
It's just in my opinion that non-standard drum rhythms and breakbeat are played in a different sort of club to house. I've never heard any decent breakbeat or drum'n'bass nights in clubs that regularly play house, techno, minimal etc. (basically the more typical dance-type music with a 4/4 drumbeat).

I listen to a lot of breakbeat, as well as a shiteload of electronic music in general... he wanted recommendations alike to the House genre, I don't think breakbeat is characterisically alike to house and the sort of atmosphere/dance clubs you'd find it in. How can you disagree with that?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Just name a few
Well my fave house DJ is Hernan Cattaneo. Check out his Masters Series and Sequential releases on the Renaissance label.
I also am loving John Digweed right now, his Transitions series is amazing.
Pole Folder is a little bit more techno than house, but still listen to him. See if you can find his album Zero Gold, it's the best album I've ever heard in a long time. His Destinations mix is also very good.

Other artists to check out: Tiger Stripes, Guy J, Gui Boratto, Dousk (his album D.I.Y. is another one of those classic albums), Luke Chable, Sander Kleinenberg, Vitalic (he's got that French style).
Ecilop Murof
I HOP OUT DA BEEEED..

mtb0minime wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Just name a few
Well my fave house DJ is Hernan Cattaneo. Check out his Masters Series and Sequential releases on the Renaissance label.
Pole Folder is a little bit more techno than house, but still listen to him. See if you can find his album Zero Gold, it's the best album I've ever heard in a long time. His Destinations mix is also very good.

Other artists to check out: Tiger Stripes, Guy J, Gui Boratto, Dousk (his album D.I.Y. is another one of those classic albums), Luke Chable, Sander Kleinenberg, Vitalic (he's got that French style).
That's what I wanted. 1+ plus I'm going to listen to them
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488

Ecilop Murof wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Ecilop Murof wrote:

Just name a few

That's what I wanted. 1+ plus I'm going to listen to them
I linked you many similar and comparable artists to these also, and recommended the likes of Gui Boratto and Vitalic first .

Don't be put off by the pointless genre-argument with Vil!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6672

Oh, and if you really want to get into things and dig around, visit my last.fm page. Click around on any artists or tracks you see that are interesting (as well as the ones I mentioned) and listen to some samples of their music, and in some cases the full song.
Roc18
`
+655|5808|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I like a couple house artists. I would have to say Nick Holder's track "Summer Daze" is my favorite House track. Here it is
VicktorVauhn
+319|6409|Southern California

hawaythelads wrote:

Everyone has diffrent tastes in music max, if we didnt the world would be a very boring place.

I sometimes listen to house music when im gaming.
This is deffinitely true...

But doesn't apply to house music, as its fucking trash and nothing but the same bar with a simple base line looped for a fucking hour.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard