Poll

Do you agree with the gay marriage approval in California?

Yes67%67% - 112
No27%27% - 45
I don't know0%0% - 0
Plead the fifth3%3% - 5
Other? (Please State)1%1% - 3
Total: 165
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6343|California

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Wow, it sounds like a real cocksucker not being able to get Married.  I guess civil union doesn't doesn't do it for perverts.
Oh yer cool aren't you.

EDIT: I find it funny that a majority of these posts are against gay marriage yet gay marriage is strongly supported on the poll...

No pun intended

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2008-08-24 12:44:15)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Look at how many topics end up connecting to Iraq somehow.
It's Israel's fault.

We just hit the D&ST trifecta!

BTW, separation of church and state does exist. Our head of state isn't the head of the National church. We don't even have a national church.

Separation of church and state doesn't mean religion can't play a role. It means that no single religion can play any more of a role than any other. Read the words of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
There is a big difference between employing religious values in your judgment and actually having things like "In God We Trust" on currency.  The latter really is a violation of the separation of church and state.
No, it's not. Otherwise, it wouldn't be there, as it would have been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Separation of church and state guarantees primacy of no single religion, not the absence of any religion.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It's Israel's fault.

We just hit the D&ST trifecta!

BTW, separation of church and state does exist. Our head of state isn't the head of the National church. We don't even have a national church.

Separation of church and state doesn't mean religion can't play a role. It means that no single religion can play any more of a role than any other. Read the words of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
There is a big difference between employing religious values in your judgment and actually having things like "In God We Trust" on currency.  The latter really is a violation of the separation of church and state.
No, it's not. Otherwise, it wouldn't be there, as it would have been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Separation of church and state guarantees primacy of no single religion, not the absence of any religion.
It hasn't been ruled unconstitutional because it's not in the Constitution.  There is no clause for the separation of church and state -- it only covers the freedom of religion.  The separation of church and state is simply a principle that the founding fathers supported.  This is why I support it.

As you said, there is no law barring religion from playing a part in our government.  I'm just saying that we would function better as a society if government was more secular.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

kylef wrote:

I respect your opinion. But here where I live there are countless Gay Pride parades and people claiming for rights when they already have them. They say they don't want to be targeted but then start a parade. I just don't get that. Just because times have changed does not mean law should change. E will still equal MC^2 in hundreds of years I'm sure. Just because it is old, doesn't mean it should change.

Oh, and fyi, I do have gay friends also.
That is the most ironic thing I have ever read.

Gay Pride parades? Yes, I thought there was something called the Orange march, ah but no... maybe it's not as bad as gay parades. Even though it's the most costly government operation, because dicks have to express their RELIGION; oh the irony.... Ah, so should we keep laws like beheading thieves and public hangings? Yes, I completely see where you are coming from, because when one religion disagrees with gay marriages, we should make it law. No, you are wrong. You can be against it all you like, I don't care, but you are the same as the muslims impsoing their "laws" on a western community, maybe worse. Your arguments is completely worthless.

E = MC^2 is NOT a law... what kind of comparison is that? How can you compare a civil law to a scientifically, proven law? Since when is "gay marriage" proven to be wrong? Since when  is there nothing right but straight marriages?

It's their decision, if they want to get married, then so be it. Why should we have the divine right to stop them?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

Zimmer wrote:

kylef wrote:

I respect your opinion. But here where I live there are countless Gay Pride parades and people claiming for rights when they already have them. They say they don't want to be targeted but then start a parade. I just don't get that. Just because times have changed does not mean law should change. E will still equal MC^2 in hundreds of years I'm sure. Just because it is old, doesn't mean it should change.

Gay Pride parades? Yes, I thought there was something called the Orange march, ah but no... maybe it's not as bad as gay parades. Even though it's the most costly government operation, because dicks have to express their RELIGION; oh the irony.... Ah, so should we keep laws like beheading thieves and public hangings? Yes, I completely see where you are coming from, because when one religion disagrees with gay marriages, we should make it law. No, you are wrong. You can be against it all you like, I don't care, but you are the same as the muslims impsoing their "laws" on a western community, maybe worse. Your arguments is completely worthless.

E = MC^2 is NOT a law... what kind of comparison is that? How can you compare a civil law to a scientifically, proven law? Since when is "gay marriage" proven to be wrong? Since when  is there nothing right but straight marriages?

It's their decision, if they want to get married, then so be it. Why should we have the divine right to stop them?
There are aspects of old beliefs that I do and don't believe. The denial of gay marriage is something I do believe in, beheading is not. Yes - my religious view happens to the be the current law. Are you saying because one religion doesn't agree with it, it should not be a law? Fine, let's make all our laws useless because there are some extremist religions that allow killing. Because on your basis, that is the only fair thing to do.

Regarding E... fine, replace that with Newton's Second Law. I'm comparing a civil law against a scientific law because I was referring to mtb0minime's post about time and law:

mtb0minime wrote:

Times have changed, now it's time for the laws to change.
I'm not saying Gay Marriage is proven wrong. I'm saying I'm against it, and that's my view on the subject. I've already given my reasons, albeit religious, for it.
Turquoise
O Canada

kylef wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

kylef wrote:

There are aspects of old beliefs that I do and don't believe. The denial of gay marriage is something I do believe in, beheading is not. Yes - my religious view happens to the be the current law. Are you saying because one religion doesn't agree with it, it should not be a law? Fine, let's make all our laws useless because there are some extremist religions that allow killing. Because on your basis, that is the only fair thing to do.

Regarding E... fine, replace that with Newton's Second Law. I'm comparing a civil law against a scientific law because I was referring to mtb0minime's post about time and law:

mtb0minime wrote:

Times have changed, now it's time for the laws to change.
I'm not saying Gay Marriage is proven wrong. I'm saying I'm against it, and that's my view on the subject. I've already given my reasons, albeit religious, for it.
And as kyle proves, marriage is perceived as a religious institution outside of just America.

Again, this issue would be so much easier to deal with if we just separated marriage from government.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6343|tropical regions of london

Bertster7 wrote:

Do you know the history of how that happened
yes I do.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6107|Birmingham, UK

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You can't start a gay thread and "not allow" religion. It is a fundamental aspect of our society, and many of our laws are based off of judeo-christian values. It's like talking about sodomy without a penis. You can do it....it's pretty stupid though.
What is sodomy?

I don't want to google it incase i get the same thing i did when my "friend" told me to search "Piles".

But ontopic:

Yes, so long as you love that person. Gays are people too.
Turquoise
O Canada

SEREVENT wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You can't start a gay thread and "not allow" religion. It is a fundamental aspect of our society, and many of our laws are based off of judeo-christian values. It's like talking about sodomy without a penis. You can do it....it's pretty stupid though.
What is sodomy?

I don't want to google it incase i get the same thing i did when my "friend" told me to search "Piles".

But ontopic:

If you're serious, sodomy is basically butt sex.  More broadly speaking, it's sex outside of marriage.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Shouldn't even be an issue.  If you don't approve of gay marraige, don't marry a fag. 

It's not the role of any of us to tell people who they can and can't have relationships with.
Turquoise
O Canada

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Shouldn't even be an issue.  If you don't approve of gay marraige, don't marry a fag. 

It's not the role of any of us to tell people who they can and can't have relationships with.
I so wish more people saw it that way.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I dont get how people's personal affairs are allowed to be controlled by the government. If 2 people want to get married then they should be allowed to no matter what people's opinions are about it.
Turquoise
O Canada

Roc18 wrote:

I dont get how people's personal affairs are allowed to be controlled by the government. If 2 people want to get married then they should be allowed to no matter what people's opinions are about it.
I generally agree with both you and Ken, but I do want to make one caveat here though.  We do need a few laws on this sort of thing.  Like, I support laws against incest and age minimums for marriage.  Also, we've banned polygamy for various reasons.
PureFodder
+225|6286
For something to be banned it should be provable that it does intollerable harm if it's not banned.

This should not be banned as I'm unaware of it causing any harm.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

/thread

What else is there to say?
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5994|Truthistan
Let them marry

the whole civil union versus marriage debate is nothing by a religious right rear guard action. They want to have a type of legal segregation between gays and "normal god fearing people." If you have a separate category like "civil union" then every time there is talk about adding the ability to do anything within the civil union category the creepy crawlies of the religious right will come out of the word work to make their arguments again and again and again. I for one am already sick of them and would like them to STF up.

The state has no business enforcing the view of one religion over another and like some people here have "rightly" stated that marriage is intertwined with religion so IF a person comes forward to say that their religion allows homos to marry, then the state has no business enforcing the views of another religion that prohibits homos from marrying. I wish people in government would grab some sack and tell these nuts that their rights stop where the use of those rights infringes on the rights of another person, in other words you can't use you religous freedom to deny the religious freedom of another person.

Let them marry, make it the same for everyone and don't give the religious nuts anymore of a platform than they already have.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5994|Truthistan

Turquoise wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

What is sodomy?

But ontopic:

If you're serious, sodomy is basically butt sex.  More broadly speaking, it's sex outside of marriage.
Except in Alabama and maybe Georgia too, where the criminal sodomy law defined sodomy to include fellatio and cullingus. Go figure that one out.
I guess in that state either every sperm is sacred or they just don't know what cullingus and fellatio are.
Turquoise
O Canada

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

What is sodomy?

But ontopic:

Except in Alabama and maybe Georgia too, where the criminal sodomy law defined sodomy to include fellatio and cullingus. Go figure that one out.
I guess in that state either every sperm is sacred or they just don't know what cullingus and fellatio are.
Ah...  perhaps, the legislators in those states quite literally had their heads in their asses.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

I voted other as my opinion is simple.

I'm not gay, so I don't give a flying fuck if they can marry or not. I have no interest in the issue one way or the other. If they want marriage rights they can campaign for them all they want/have them all they want.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

Spearhead wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

/thread

I agree, now that I have Islam to concentrate my hate and anger on.  Where I come from we have a saying, " Islam is as wrong as two boys kissing " and that means it is more wronger than anything else.  So I say homosexuality is ok by me, just don't try to put your junk in my intestines.
Roc18
`

Spearhead wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

/thread

Exactly, the people who make this complicated are religous people trying to combine church and state which is clearly causing problems.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

Roc18 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

/thread

Exactly, the people who make this complicated are religous people trying to combine church and state which is clearly causing problems.
You make littel sense.  People are allowed to have opinions.  It doesn't matter where their values come from.  Some people don't like the idea of guys pounding each others ass or girls fisting each other.  Frankly, I get sick to my stomach when I see two guys tongue kissing and would hate to have shit like that be normalized so I would have to endure seeing it on TV, in the Movies, or in real life.  I don't think my kids should have to grow up around such scummy people with little values. 

I would rather be surrounded by religious people than gays.  Too many gays are just perverts that would fuck a monkey if they could catch one and quite a few lesbians aren't lesbians by choice.  The fact of the matter is that many of them have mental disorders and hormone issues.  Don't believe me, go to a gay pride parade and talk to some of them.  Leave your little boy alone with a few random queers and I would bet he gets molested.  Lord knows it isn't women abducting, raping, and killing all the little boys every year.  For gay men being only ~ 5% of the population there is a lot of ass rape in the world.

Now with that being said I judge people individually and groups collectively.  This is my opinion on gays from the 4 or 5 guys I have known that suck cock.  Them guys were real cocksuckers.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-08-24 15:41:22)

BVC
+325|6696
I agree with allowing gay marriage, but trying to keep religion out of such a discussion??

At the end of the day they're not hurting anyone, so why stop them?
Roc18
`

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

/thread

You make littel sense.  People are allowed to have opinions.  It doesn't matter where their values come from.  Some people don't like the idea of guys pounding each others ass or girls fisting each other.  Frankly, I get sick to my stomach when I see two guys tongue kissing and would hate to have shit like that be normalized so I would have to endure seeing it on TV, in the Movies, or in real life.  I don't think my kids should have to grow up around such scummy people with little values. 

I would rather be surrounded by religious people than gays.  Too many gays are just perverts that would fuck a monkey if they could catch one and quite a few lesbians aren't lesbians by choice.  The fact of the matter is that many of them have mental disorders and hormone issues.  Don't believe me, go to a gay pride parade and talk to some of them.  Leave your little boy alone with a few random queers and I would bet he gets molested.  Lord knows it isn't women abducting, raping, and killing all the little boys every year.  For gay men being only ~ 5% of the population there is a lot of ass rape in the world.

Now with that being said I judge people individually and groups collectively.  This is my opinion on gays from the 4 or 5 guys I have known that suck cock.  Them guys were real cocksuckers.
This proves my point, people think they are allowed to control peoples personal decisions because of their opinions.
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Now, I see why you're of the Constitution party.  Your understanding of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is only as shallow as your prejudices allow.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Most ass rape occurs in prison.  But hey, if we're going to assume that gay men are inherently rapists, why not go further?  You said you prefer the company of religious people and what would appear to be religious bigots more specifically.  What about all the clergy who've been busted for molesting choir boys or the fundamentalist Mormon 40-somethings who've been busted for marrying girls in their early teens?  Should I assume that Mormons and clergy tend to be pedophiles?  If so, I guess you'll have to retract your statement about preferring the company of religious people.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard