Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6712|Norway
great news about the upgrade! This site will be more awesomer for every day!

By the way - how do the ads work? you click them? how often can you click them to produce money?

I vow to click every last one of them everytime i visit the site - and I urge everyone to do exactly the same! If we make Chuy rich - he'll continue spamming us with all this beautiful info/stuff/stasj etc.

5 clicks a day keeps the doctor away! Come on people - click like bunnyjumpers!

EDIT: I have a lousy K/D ratio - but I'll get a sweet click/visit ratio from now on...

Last edited by Friluftshund (2006-01-18 15:48:27)

[swe]lloyd
+0|6686
You rule! I love this site, i'm always in this site at work (that sux btw)

You're my hero
emperorphoenix
+5|6773|Westeren Australia
yay faster, better ,well done chuy
TomoMajca
+2|6688
bf2s.com... the best BF2 site there is. big_smile
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6733|cairns australia
more hits than ea's official bf2 site nice 1. the best keeps getting better .suck suck
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6756|06-01
faster bigger better!!!!! sweeter!!!!!!!
well done chuy!

Last edited by tthf (2006-01-19 03:34:37)

enchntr
+0|6683
BTW, I'm really loving the transparent popups on the awards section.  Real slick, and very useful!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
Having been a part of this community for a while now I can't say enough about the hard work Chuy has put into all of this. BF2S.Com is number one in my book and we all know it's in the top 5 of the BF2 stats websites. Given props by admins in EA UK forums, by PC Gamer... you can't get enough of BF2S.com.

So from the bottom of my heart and the bug that keeps me coming back for more BF2 and Stats...

Thank you very much.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

Too much yak. Too little action.

*hipthrusts chuy*
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX

polarbearz wrote:

Too much yak. Too little action.

*hipthrusts chuy*
*hipthrusts* ?

What is this? Pure Pwnage?

https://ops.tamu.edu/kilroy/BF2S/jeremy_silouette.jpg
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
DakotaDoc64
+0|6791|Omaha, Nebraska

Friluftshund wrote:

great news about the upgrade! This site will be more awesomer for every day!

By the way - how do the ads work? you click them? how often can you click them to produce money?

I vow to click every last one of them everytime i visit the site - and I urge everyone to do exactly the same! If we make Chuy rich - he'll continue spamming us with all this beautiful info/stuff/stasj etc.

5 clicks a day keeps the doctor away! Come on people - click like bunnyjumpers!

EDIT: I have a lousy K/D ratio - but I'll get a sweet click/visit ratio from now on...
Great job all involved. 

I'am a clicker, she's a clicker, he's a clicker.  Wouldn't you like to be a clicker too?
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6703
OMG Chuy welldone mate i knew this site rocked but never realised it rocked that hard it was crashing servers lol
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
Avatars & forum ranks would be fun
DraGon.EXE
+1|6679
Who's the mannn.... it's CHUYSKYWALKER!!!!
vjs
+19|6770
Chewy,

I don't think banner ad's on a per month basis are that obtrusive and they are a big money maker and you have space for them... What I hate most is pop-ups, as long as you don't start with pop-ups your fine IMHO.

Alot of the automotive performance sites have them and charge 500 bucks a month for just a 100x300 pixel banner.

For example the page I'm on now to the right of BF2S Forums post a reply there is a huge black space.
If it was filled with a banner add for newegg or ati something like that I wouldn't mind.

There are alot of places for them 6 month contracts 500 bucks a month = 3000 bucks... That would buy a decent server which would more than offset any slowdowns from loading graphics.
engineer
+3|6722|Aalborg, Denmark
16GB of RAM... man would by nice compared to my 512MB...
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6844

engineer wrote:

some servers have 64GB of RAM, and it's been known to go up to 128GB of RAM, but it depends on what the server is used for, generally public servers need 8+GB of RAM.
midgetspy
+3|6827

Whitegreek wrote:

engineer wrote:

some servers have 64GB of RAM, and it's been known to go up to 128GB of RAM, but it depends on what the server is used for, generally public servers need 8+GB of RAM.
This is baloney, I have a "public server" serving tens of thousands of hits a day and it has 1GB ram. My personal "public server" has 256MB RAM.

Nic
ex-static
+15|6688
21.000.000 hits a day??
chuyskywalker stop entering and leaving your own site, you little statpadder

EDIT

ok ok I take credit for 20.000.000 hits a day but the other 1.000.000 was you chuyskywalker

Last edited by ex-static (2006-01-24 14:15:06)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

ex-static wrote:

chuyskywalker stop entering and leaving your own site, you little statpadder
Hahaha.
kmkz
+7|6707
If chuy is doing as I expect he is (reading off his webalizer stats page), he is saying that he has 21 million hits per day. To the average person, 21 million hits per day sounds mind bendingly unbelievable, but in reality it is not. A "hit" is defined as a request to the server (at least in Apache's mind), so there are a number of ways to generate a hit. One way is to load a page, as you have done many times. Doing this loads an ad, and generates him revenue. However, if you're on a page that uses an attached css file your browser needs to request that file. This counts as a hit. Attached javascript file? Hit. Image file? Hit. Dynamic stats sig image? Hit. That 21 million is probably entirely valid from a technical standpoint, but from what you guys are saying he is giving you the wrong impression. 21 million people do not come to this site each day, that's all I have to say. 10,000 visitors per day sounds likely. This accurately gauges the number of people coming to the site and viewing a real ad. That number of people can generate some substantial revenue, but by no means is he able to retire on such earnings.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6791
Nice moves Chuy.  I'll start clicking on the google links each time I visit now I know they're paying for the server.

And just in case you hadn't gathered from the 21 million hits per day, the site is top notch!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6847|"Frisco"

kmkz wrote:

21 million people do not come to this site each day, that's all I have to say. 10,000 visitors per day sounds likely.
The intent was never to decieve, just to quote. And, for the sake of posterity, the visitors per day is more around 30,000.
r09u3
+0|6667
Awsome news. Must go click on the links...
kmkz
+7|6707
Sorry if I sounded angry or "accusative". I was just trying to point out the facts. Also I'm sorry about the number, I kinda pulled 10,000 out of the air

That said, good job chuy!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard