SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6625

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Arguing over McCain and O'bama is like arguing over which model of a 12 guage shot gun you want to be blasted in the head with.

Does it really fucking matter, they will both do the same fucking thing.  Trust me.  Don't support stupidity.  Vote for change, anyone but the parties ran by the Central Bank.
Um.. I was looking for these words ^^^^^^
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i thought you were one for self-improvement and such?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm, not many Obamamaniacs seem to be able to come running to his defense in this thread
Ability to speak fluently without a script isn't an overly important factor in a leader. Where the candidate stands in issues is.

Maybe people actually care more about the issues than the presentation?
Yet so many seem to point to it as an example of why Bush is so bad. It's not like they don't have plenty of other reasons to go with...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
oChaos.Haze
+90|6439

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm, not many Obamamaniacs seem to be able to come running to his defense in this thread
Ability to speak fluently without a script isn't an overly important factor in a leader. Where the candidate stands in issues is.

Yet so many seem to point to it as an example of why Bush is so bad. It's not like they don't have plenty of other reasons to go with...
umm, I haven't heard one person talk about how bad Bush's speaking is in years.  He's done enough worse things that judging his (absolutely terrible) intellect and speech is very low down on the list of why he should never be put in a position of power.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-23 11:08:49)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA
Ok well it is iut.

Obamamanicas will tolerate anything from their messiah to get him in office. All of a sudden nothing is an issue with them when it comes to dealing with him.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Ok well it is iut.

Obamamanicas will tolerate anything from their messiah to get him in office. All of a sudden nothing is an issue with them when it comes to dealing with him.
If the issue is actually true, then I would find it to be one.  I have a problem with voting for someone who can't speak without a teleprompter, but I also have a problem with such a biased source.

If you can find something on this that's not so questionable in its source, then you'll have my concern.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6184|Ireland

lowing wrote:

Ok well it is iut.

McCain is a shitty fighter pilot.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ok well it is iut.

If the issue is actually true, then I would find it to be one.  I have a problem with voting for someone who can't speak without a teleprompter, but I also have a problem with such a biased source.

If you can find something on this that's not so questionable in its source, then you'll have my concern.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … mp;spell=1
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ok well it is iut.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … mp;spell=1
It would appear that mostly only right-wing sites paid attention to this, but I decided to watch some youtube videos of his speeches with teleprompter issues.

So, in assessing this from my own perspective rather than a spin artist's, I would have to agree with you that it is definitely a concern that he can't speak without the teleprompter.

I will be watching for more on this.  The debates will be the make or break moment for me, because unlike a lot of people, I actually value what happens during those.  I only wish they were sooner in the campaign season.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

oChaos.Haze wrote:

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

umm, I haven't heard one person talk about how bad Bush's speaking is in years.  He's done enough worse things that judging his (absolutely terrible) intellect and speech is very low down on the list of why he should never be put in a position of power.
Just how do you judge his intellect? Have you ever interacted with the man personally? That's exactly what I'm talking about...you hear his poor public speaking and assume that he's stupid.

Then, conversely, people hear Obama's wonderful public speaking and assume he's a good decision-maker.

The two attributes are completely unrelated.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Just how do you judge his intellect? Have you ever interacted with the man personally? That's exactly what I'm talking about...you hear his poor public speaking and assume that he's stupid.

Then, conversely, people hear Obama's wonderful public speaking and assume he's a good decision-maker.

The two attributes are completely unrelated.
Very true...  we've come full circle.  The one thing that can be said is that being able to speak well, with or without a teleprompter, is important for being a country's spokesperson, which is really most of what a president is.

Bush isn't good in either case of speaking, whereas Obama is apparently only good at it with a teleprompter.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
I saw Obama at a town hall thing last month, where we asked him questions and stuff.

He wasnt as good as he is with the teleprompter but he's definitely not that bad without it, still much better than McCain.
Turquoise
O Canada
Speaking of which, I haven't actually watched much of McCain's speeches.  I think I might see what I can find on youtube.  Any particular gaffes of note?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Turquoise wrote:

Speaking of which, I haven't actually watched much of McCain's speeches.  I think I might see what I can find on youtube.  Any particular gaffes of note?
I've seen a couple of gaff clips. One where he blatantly backtracked on his attitude towards gay marriage and one where he was asked a technical question (I think about oil and the economy, can't remember) and basically answered by saying he didn't know but had people around him that deal with that kind of thing.

He doesn't seem as bad as Bush but still seems like a bit of a plonker. I've yet to see any real gaff clips of the Ayotollah Obama Bin Laden Hussein, which is surprising given all we're hearing about him from the right. Any YouTube clips out there?

Last edited by Braddock (2008-08-24 13:51:59)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

Turquoise wrote:

Turquoise
O Canada

Spearhead wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Oh...  how could I have forgotten that one?...  lol...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Turquoise wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GBdyws5YU
Oh...  how could I have forgotten that one?...  lol...
An eye for detail like that should prove a valuable quality for a future President.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I must admit, I am very conservative and would vote for O'bama before I'd vote for McCain.  McCain is a disgrace to his country for his pandering to illegal immigration and supporting the breaking of US laws and the destruction of the border in his home state.

As a former US serviceman I am ashamed of him and his lack of concern for my country.
Obama's views regarding border security are every bit as bad as McCaine's.  The difference will be that McCaine will have more people in his own party pressuring him to do something about it than Obama will.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard