God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6496|tropical regions of london
doesnt india have a billion people?

Last edited by God Save the Queen (2008-08-19 12:07:59)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6671|Montucky
What in the Fuck are you people going on about?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6754|132 and Bush

Uzique wrote:

You've read Mencken's works?
About 15 years ago.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
chittydog
less busy
+586|6988|Kubra, Damn it!

God Save the Queen wrote:

You've undoubtedly gotten stuck talking to someone in one of their call centers. Were they really speaking English? They're not native speakers anyway, it's just a popular second/third language elective in school.

Last edited by chittydog (2008-08-19 12:12:36)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6606|The Twilight Zone

Kmarion wrote:

.Sup wrote:

American language doesn't exist. Its more like a dialect of English. I speak English.
Sure it does. And it can be yours for the $37.80.
A joke. haha
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6798

2tuff wrote:

I am American, I speak American.
English not American wtf is American lolz then each country should have its own English, like Canadian, British, Irish, Scottish, Australian, and so on
jord
+2,382|6831|The North, beyond the wall.

blademaster wrote:

2tuff wrote:

English not American wtf is American lolz then each country should have its own English, like Canadian, British, Irish, Scottish, Australian, and so on
If that happened why would there be British and Scottish? They're the same, lulz.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6808

This isn't a whole new language we're talking about here. It's still English. Yes we have the American dialect, but that's it. If we were to make up a new language and have our whole country speak it and make it our national language, then yes, we could call it American.

I really don't see the point in this thread.
God Save the Queen
Banned

jord wrote:

blademaster wrote:

2tuff wrote:

If that happened why would there be British and Scottish? They're the same, lulz.
Ive had someone on this forum tell me otherwise before.

I speak and write American
God Save the Queen
Banned

chittydog wrote:

You've undoubtedly gotten stuck talking to someone in one of their call centers. Were they really speaking English? They're not native speakers anyway, it's just a popular second/third language elective in school.
Ive know too many people from other countries that speak more than one language and Ive met too many Americans over here that barely understand just one.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6754|132 and Bush

blademaster wrote:

2tuff wrote:

There are 4 million Americans of Chinese decent also. Do not forget about the Asian influence. I encourage everyone to read The Five Points. It will help you to understand how this mutt we call the US came to be. Awesome book.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6798

jord wrote:

blademaster wrote:

2tuff wrote:

I know that guy said he speaks American its English not American
jord

jord wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Ive had someone on this forum tell me otherwise before.

I speak and write American
Scotland comes under Britain is what I'm saying, I can't be assed debating that fact...
God Save the Queen
Banned
Im not from england.  None of my ancestors ever were.
.Sup
be nice

mtb0minime wrote:

This isn't a whole new language we're talking about here. It's still English. Yes we have the American dialect, but that's it. If we were to make up a new language and have our whole country speak it and make it our national language, then yes, we could call it American.

I really don't see the point in this thread.
QFT. Well said bud. Now we can close this one.
topal63
. . .
+533|6871

chittydog wrote:

Ive know too many people from other countries that speak more than one language and Ive met too many Americans over here that barely understand just one.
That's a common joke.

How do you tell the difference between a European and an American? Commonly a European speaks many languages well, and an American speaks just one poorly.

Last edited by topal63 (2008-08-19 12:20:59)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6754|132 and Bush

jord wrote:

blademaster wrote:

2tuff wrote:

Inevitable now:
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6708
By 2040 'American' will be Spanish, eh?
.Sup
be nice

CameronPoe wrote:

I heard more like "African".
God Save the Queen
Banned
most hispanics dont know spanish
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6644|Menlo Park, CA

CameronPoe wrote:

Not if I have any say about it!
jord

fadedsteve wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Not if I have any say about it!
So that's 2040 then. Righty...
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6672|Πάϊ

chittydog wrote:

There's always someone else to thank. English falls under the giant Indo-European language family which traces a lot of its roots to Sanskrit which pre-dates the Romans and Greeks.
Ah, that infamous Indo-European language again - which everyone accepts it existed despite the fact that nobody knows who spoke it or even if anyone did to begin with...

Generally you're right though. There's always someone preceding.
ƒ³
chittydog
less busy
+586|6988|Kubra, Damn it!

oug wrote:

chittydog wrote:

There's always someone else to thank. English falls under the giant Indo-European language family which traces a lot of its roots to Sanskrit which pre-dates the Romans and Greeks.
Ah, that infamous Indo-European language again - which everyone accepts it existed despite the fact that nobody knows who spoke it or even if anyone did to begin with...

Generally you're right though. There's always someone preceding.
Yup. It all came from something else. At one point it was grunting. I do have a good friend who speaks and writes Sanskrit, though.
.Sup
be nice
When you will start talking gibberish and no one on the world will understand you, then you have a language of your own.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard