colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK
hope you can help

system

P4 3.06 processor
2GB DDR233 PC2100 Ram
winfast A350 Ultra TDH (Geforce 5950 256 mb ram)
80 GB Hard disk (7200 rpm)
2Mb broadband-  Belkin wireless g router-54MB/s wireless network.

game runs fine at 1024x768 everything set to low, until i get killed (usually quite quickly)as soon as i respawn the game is unplayable as graphics are so choppy. This is also happening in singleplayer games. I have just upgraded by buying 2 1GBsticks of matched ram which seems to have cured my previous problem of the game crashing all the time.

I have tried uninstall/defrag/fdsk reinstall but this has not cured the problem.

I am considering geforce 6600 GT upgrade, as all else has failed

Any Ideas would be much appreciated???
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6768|Scotland!!!
have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card.....
colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK
Yes - i downloaded and installed new drivers last night.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6673|S.E. United States
I hate to say it,I know all the money Ive invested into my system for this game,
you may want to upgrade you video card.
this game demands so much,I went with the ge force 6800
colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK
Yeah was kind of thinking as much

cant afford 6800 though

6600 any good???
Chowley
+1|6678|Ireland
I get the stuttering graphics after first respawn as welll then it goes away after 20 seconds or so, I doubt its the graphics card as i have an overclocked 7800gtx.
thinner44
+1|6801

colonelbogeyuk wrote:

cant afford 6800 though

6600 any good???
Here's the specs of my setup.

AMD 3000+ 64. 2Gb ram.... GeForce 6600GT OC (stands for overclocked by manufacturer) 128 ram.

BF2, most setting son low - med, AA off and resolution at the lowest setting. I don't have lag, I don't have any choppiness and I'm one of the first into a 'new' map and have usually captured a flag before anyone else joins in the fun... as for the 'res' at low, I don't have any problems seeing my enemy, it's just the reacting to them that I have the problem with

Nearly forgot. If you do upgrade your card, think about a new power supply, if it's still your original, probably below 300, you need to upgrade. The 6600GT needs extra juice. I have a 500w psu super quiet

It's a pity this site isn't excahange and mart, I have a brand new (still boxed) Club3d GeForce 6600GT 128 to sell at a staggering £50.00

(No I'm not advertising for a sale, I couldn't, it's not fair and I won't give any personal details)

Last edited by thinner44 (2006-01-17 09:47:10)

RDMC_old
+0|6728|Almere, Holland
I have sometimes that when I play a game and get a connection problem and get kicked.. that when I rejoin that my graphics look horrible.. dont know why this occurs :S
colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK
Thanks for the input

Bought 6600 LE yesterday  (dont want to spend loads in case a new machine is necessary)

hasnt really helped, though it is just about playable now

Its soooooooo frustrating I get one good taster of the game and then it turns to s**t
colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK

thinner44 wrote:

colonelbogeyuk wrote:

cant afford 6800 though

6600 any good???
Here's the specs of my setup.

AMD 3000+ 64. 2Gb ram.... GeForce 6600GT OC (stands for overclocked by manufacturer) 128 ram.

BF2, most setting son low - med, AA off and resolution at the lowest setting. I don't have lag, I don't have any choppiness and I'm one of the first into a 'new' map and have usually captured a flag before anyone else joins in the fun... as for the 'res' at low, I don't have any problems seeing my enemy, it's just the reacting to them that I have the problem with

Nearly forgot. If you do upgrade your card, think about a new power supply, if it's still your original, probably below 300, you need to upgrade. The 6600GT needs extra juice. I have a 500w psu super quiet

It's a pity this site isn't excahange and mart, I have a brand new (still boxed) Club3d GeForce 6600GT 128 to sell at a staggering £50.00

(No I'm not advertising for a sale, I couldn't, it's not fair and I won't give any personal details)
So what kind of set up do you need to play with everything set on high?????
Cray???Big Blue???
thinner44
+1|6801

colonelbogeyuk wrote:

So what kind of set up do you need to play with everything set on high?????
Cray???Big Blue???
Have a look in this forum, you might get some idea here. But if you're on a budget, there's not much wrong with what you have, except maybe the graphics card. > http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=28
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6673|S.E. United States
try low settings...
dont need all the eye candy anywayz...
I run mine on low
colonelbogeyuk
+2|6667|Chelmsford UK
Thanks for all your help

looks like a format and total re install AGAIN

If that doesnt work - i will just have to hope the next patch sorts it out

If that doesnt work - i will just have to firebomb EA