Phaytal
+20|6154|Engarlandd
Completely terrorfied of them! I mean not just 'Eww' but, ARGHHH! Seriously can't even look at them without shaking, and they're more common than ever now.

Just watching Tv and one about the size of my hand crawls out from behind it. Without a doubt i jumped up and got the fuck out of the room, got me dad and let him deal with it. He probably had to physicall restrain the beast tbh.

So the time has come, i must make a stand!

So anyone know ways of repelling them. So far I've got spraying polish about, keeping house tidy, which im doing atm, making sure plates are washed quickly.

I've also heard that when it gets hotter outside they come inside to get cool, so i though about keeping my room warmer than usual, but from past experiences they've always come in, in winter times when its cold out. I am in the Uk so temeratures might be different. I dunno =/

So yes, i know im being a pussy but i need ways to get rid of them! Any help is appreciated
i g
Banned
+876|5864|GA

there aren't any poisonous ones there, so stop being a pussy

(i fucking hate them too, but we have brown recluses and black widows here)

Last edited by i g (2008-08-18 19:27:50)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Killing them and their eggs is a good way. If they're making webs, you gotta take those down because that is how they get their food. Starve them out of your place, although, like you said, keeping it clean sure helps.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

Bitch about your "spiders" to a Sydneysider and you get a kick in the face.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Phaytal
+20|6154|Engarlandd
Yes yes, i know im being a pussy but we all have that one thing that will scare the living shit out of you instantly!
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6641|7th level of hell

paintball gun, paintballs, and good aim.
The#1Spot
+105|6540|byah

i g wrote:

All spiders are poisonous.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6341|Atlanta, Georgia

i g wrote:

Shits fucked up. I hate spiders. I couldn't think of dying by one either.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon
i helped rid the forums of a spider once upon a time
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

The#1Spot wrote:

i g wrote:

lolwut

Daddy Long Legs?
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

spiders are beneficial they kill tons of other stuff. Let them crawl on your face pl0x.

Poseidon wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

i g wrote:

lolwut

Daddy Long Legs?
Very!

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-08-18 19:42:41)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6189|Canada

Poseidon wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

i g wrote:

lolwut

Daddy Long Legs?
They are but they just don't affect humans. you might get a itch and that's all.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Phatmatt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

lolwut

Daddy Long Legs?
They are but they just don't affect humans. you might get a itch and that's all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiliones

In the Arachnid family, but not considered spiders. Hmm.

Fangs are too small to hurt us as well.
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Step on them, warn their friends.

/thread

Last edited by Ryan (2008-08-18 19:44:26)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6354|West NY
I've gotten significantly less afraid of them...not to say I still don't like them near me...but if one crawled onto me or something I'd probably just shake it off
Phaytal
+20|6154|Engarlandd

Ryan wrote:

/thread
Im too afraid my leg might be bitten off!
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6439|King Of The Islands

The bite is initially very painful due to the acidity of the venom and the size of the fangs penetrating the skin ... tingling around the mouth and tongue, facial muscle twitching, nausea, vomiting, profuse sweating, salivation, and shortness of breath ... agitation, confusion and coma ... hypertension, metabolic acidosis, dilation of the pupils, generalised muscle twitching and pulmonary oedema. Death results from progressive hypotension or possibly raised intracranial pressure resulting from cerebral oedema ... the median time to onset of envenoming was 28 minutes ... Deaths may occur within ... 15 minutes (this occurred when a small child was bitten) to three days.
BABIES.

Also healthbars.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5933|United States
don't let them bite you!
Volatile
+252|6704|Sextupling in Empire

Be happy you weren't in my shoes last night.

I come home from the usual 12 hour shift at the warehouse I work at and head to the bathroom to clean the sweat and filth off of myself, only to find that my bathroom is no longer mine. The room is overrun with hundreds of little baby spiders about the size of a pen ball point, which are hanging from webs everywhere and are on practically every surface. As I'm staring in disbelief, I start to feel little prickling sensations all over my body and suddenly realize these spiders have decided to add myself to their latest conquest.

To make a long story short, I gave the spiders the middle finger, said "fire in the hole", and tossed a bug bomb in with the little bitches. After 2 hours there were no itsy bitsy spiders near my fuckin' water spouts.
Phaytal
+20|6154|Engarlandd

Volatile wrote:

Be happy you weren't in my shoes last night.

I come home from the usual 12 hour shift at the warehouse I work at and head to the bathroom to clean the sweat and filth off of myself, only to find that my bathroom is no longer mine. The room is overrun with hundreds of little baby spiders about the size of a pen ball point, which are hanging from webs everywhere and are on practically every surface. As I'm staring in disbelief, I start to feel little prickling sensations all over my body and suddenly realize these spiders have decided to add myself to their latest conquest.

To make a long story short, I gave the spiders the middle finger, said "fire in the hole", and tossed a bug bomb in with the little bitches. After 2 hours there were no itsy bitsy spiders near my fuckin' water spouts.
wanna move in here?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

I'm afraid of nettles. 'AAARGH'-afraid of nettles.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6456|The edge of sanity
Just be glad you don't live here.

https://blogs4brownback.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/camel_spider_sm.jpg

On Topic: I usually play with spiders because they eat the moths that like to dwell in our house. I only kill spiders that threaten me, otherwise we have a silent agreement. They eat those fucking annoying moths and I let them live in my house.
firebolt5
+114|6155
Well, if you see any house centipedes.  Don't kill them because they kill other insects.  They're
https://georgiafaces.caes.uga.edu/graphicsfiles/HouseCentipede7lr.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6843|Alberta, Canada

Phaytal wrote:

Ryan wrote:

/thread
You're shitting me, right?
Phaytal
+20|6154|Engarlandd

Ryan wrote:

Phaytal wrote:

Ryan wrote:

/thread
You're shitting me, right?
I bloody wish, i had to pump myself up, and give myself peptalk before i even attempted at killing one, I am seriously scared to deadth and back of them, even tiny ones.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard