Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
topal63
. . .
+533|5890
I know your opinion is no joke - nor is your desire to shield yourself from simple realities . . .

But this makes me laugh - for reasons I can't express to such delicate ears. . .

"Men of God and Walk on Water are two such clans."
ROFLMAO. . .

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I have no problems with the curse kicker tbh.  Not everyone cares to see the chat spammed with useless insults and other rubbish.  Now, some servers have stupid stuff that it kicks for, like Assault and stuff like that, just another reason to stay away from the J K and L keys
I agree - and most of that cursing crap is combined with constant whining as well. Less annoying whiney messages sounds good to me. . .

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-17 14:34:07)

adam.skinner
Member
+0|5847
I guess I don't understand.  What's funny about those two clans?
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|5912|United States

Kiss_my_white_ass wrote:

Tell me why!?!? WHY THE HELL DO I GET KICKED FOR SAYING A WORD!? A WORD. Its a fucking word you crazy bastards. It's not like the "k" is going to shoot laser beams from itself if you say "fuck." Get over it you sissy little girls. THIS IS BF2. If you havent noticed, your shooting someone. I don't think expressing ones feelings, no matter how harsh they might be, is an appropriate kick. I mean, if I read the bible, I don't think you guys are going to be damnned to hell if you say a word. (Note for the slow: If you havent picked up on it yet, Im a Athiest and don't believe in hell) So get over your nice guy pussy little actions and take that fucking kick crap off for not even saying, TYPING, a word.
I, in another game, am in a Christian squad.  We try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all to play in.  Do you know who's playing this game?  No you don't.  It could be a 10 year old, it could could be a 60 year old.  But we supply a clean gaming server for all to play in.  Our server is full almost 24/7, because people enjoy a fun and clean place to game in.  There is no need to swear in the game.  Swear to yourself if need be, but not in a server.  If you were to swear harshly like you may do in where you play, you would be banned so incredibly quickly in my squads server.  It's a word, yes, but a word with a bad/harsh meaning.  Heck, if you came into our server, I would ban you because of your name.  So, hey, if you swore in Christian server, what would you expect?

This is life, swear in life.  BF2 is a game, don't swear in a game.
ex-static
Member
+15|5860

staticblue wrote:

The game is rated T for teen. What's the advantage of using profanity.  (...)

Don't get me wrong I curse like a sailor in RL. I'll type "dammit" in game but, that's about it. It's not needed in a game server with a bunch of strangers. If it can't be said on public television don't type it.  (...)
Well i think if you are a teen you probably know the words you read in the servers so you shouldn't bother. And If you are not teen you even shouldn't be playing.
And to all the Christians (or Bhuddists, Muslims, followers of Tao etc.) with strong beliefs and do not like the cursing, with all respect, have you actually seen what you have been doing in the game???

In the country I live in you can curse as much as you want on public television as you want, so please don't (probably-->) Americanize(United States) the topic. I am truly sorry if you are not from the US. I do not want to generalize or something, but I just know that cursing on public television in the US is forbidden.

I'm Dutch, our first language is cursing and then comes Dutch. So if you don't share my opinion this is probably the reason . (joke)
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|5891|Melbourne, Australia
ok listen.. ur in there server which means u must respect there rules... u dont have to get angry mate.. just leave.,. atleast its better then being kicked for no reason theres plenty of servers which alow swearing so ull fit right at home there thats all i gotta say
Rathji
Member
+1|5855

Hyper wrote:

i bet the 10 million molested choir boys would beg to differ.
christianity is a farce and a steady stream of hypocricy
Catholics are only one Christian denomination, lumping all Christians all together with the 'choir boy' problem is not a fair assumtion
ex-static
Member
+15|5860

I.M.I Militant wrote:

ok listen.. ur in there server which means u must respect there rules... u dont have to get angry mate.. just leave.,. atleast its better then being kicked for no reason theres plenty of servers which alow swearing so ull fit right at home there thats all i gotta say
You are absolutely right.

What I mean is that if I had my own server I wouldn't kick someone for cursing. But as long as I am the guest I will follow the rules, even if I don't like them. BTW if I really hate the rules i will probably disconnect directly, but if it is forbidden to curse I wont leave.
Spetz
Member
+1|5847
ohh please shut the fuk up, if your too stupid to not swear in a punkbuster server then you deserve the be kicked.
Kiss_my_white_ass
Banned
+1|5847
FIrst of all, even if I swear inside my squad I get kicked. So all you whiny little bitches can stfu because it's not even global.
Suprafreak
Member
+0|5898
I just got banned from some server with "gangsta" in the title.  Here's how it went.

Me: So this is one of those "christian" servers
Dedicated server guy/mod: yeah
Me: Shi...Shoot
Some guy: Yeah, no swearing
My friend: that's gay
Me: I guarantee you I will be banned for something
Some guy: Then leave
Me: I will when I get banned.  There are too many rules

Okay, now you can't fly when commander, swear, teamkill, punish for accidental teamkills, among other things.  Which is totally cool.  But I know I will do one of those things.  I see the words BANNING!!!  suprafreak for swearing.

BANNED. FOR. SWEARING. Not once did I use any swear words.  Hell, my friend called someone gay, but he wasn't banned.  Stupid stupid people.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|5846|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
www.walkonwater.com server is horrible
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|5912|United States

Kiss_my_white_ass wrote:

FIrst of all, even if I swear inside my squad I get kicked. So all you whiny little bitches can stfu because it's not even global.
If a tree falls in the woods, but no one is around to hear it, did it really fall?

You swore in your squad, in a server that dosen't allow swearing.  Fact remains, you swore.  In a server that dosen't allow swearing.  Ban.

I, being a Christian, say, Christian servers kick ass.  Rock on, Christian servers.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|5866|San Francisco
Just say "Fuck."  You'll live longer since it'll get the emotion out faster than trying to come up with some other way of expelling it.
Maybe yell "COITUS!!" or "FORNICATION UNDER CONSENT of the KING!!!"  I don't approve of curse-kicking, neither do I approve of xtians, but it really should be in place to stop spammers and shouldn't be enforced as heavily for the anger slip every now and then.
topal63
. . .
+533|5890

Marconius wrote:

Just say "Fuck."  You'll live longer since it'll get the emotion out faster than trying to come up with some other way of expelling it.
Maybe yell "COITUS!!" or "FORNICATION UNDER CONSENT of the KING!!!"  I don't approve of curse-kicking, neither do I approve of xtians, but it really should be in place to stop spammers and shouldn't be enforced as heavily for the anger slip every now and then.
I generally agree with you . . .

They own the server - it is a simple rule - and you actually have to go to the effort to type it (what a joke!, you went to the effort to type a curse whilst playing a game); so it is simple - if is a RULE then don't do it.

Personally, I find nothing offensive in a curse. It is nothing other than a harmless vent of frustration. But the venting is usually accompanied by an all to common BF2 whine(!). Getting rid of all those chatter-whore annoying whiners - is a benefit of the RULE!

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-18 10:59:47)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|5917|Houston, TX
Boy, do I love to play in Christian servers......
*sarcasm*


When I have played in a religious server, I'm generally treated well.  Only once has some jerk said "Somebody kick the Jew". 

I tend to not play in Christian only servers though,  too much conflict interferes with good gaming, and detracts from my good time.

KJ
morbesso666
Member
+0|5935|Givataim, Israel
What does it has to do with not believing in hell?
Like christians threaten you that if you're a bad boy you'll burn in hell???
morbesso666
Member
+0|5935|Givataim, Israel

Bert10099 wrote:

Kiss_my_white_ass wrote:

Tell me why!?!? WHY THE HELL DO I GET KICKED FOR SAYING A WORD!? A WORD. Its a fucking word you crazy bastards. It's not like the "k" is going to shoot laser beams from itself if you say "fuck." Get over it you sissy little girls. THIS IS BF2. If you havent noticed, your shooting someone. I don't think expressing ones feelings, no matter how harsh they might be, is an appropriate kick. I mean, if I read the bible, I don't think you guys are going to be damnned to hell if you say a word. (Note for the slow: If you havent picked up on it yet, Im a Athiest and don't believe in hell) So get over your nice guy pussy little actions and take that fucking kick crap off for not even saying, TYPING, a word.
I, in another game, am in a Christian squad.  We try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all to play in.  Do you know who's playing this game?  No you don't.  It could be a 10 year old, it could could be a 60 year old.  But we supply a clean gaming server for all to play in.  Our server is full almost 24/7, because people enjoy a fun and clean place to game in.  There is no need to swear in the game.  Swear to yourself if need be, but not in a server.  If you were to swear harshly like you may do in where you play, you would be banned so incredibly quickly in my squads server.  It's a word, yes, but a word with a bad/harsh meaning.  Heck, if you came into our server, I would ban you because of your name.  So, hey, if you swore in Christian server, what would you expect?

This is life, swear in life.  BF2 is a game, don't swear in a game.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
it'll be a 10 years old baby
poor bastard omg he'll have a trauma for the rest of his lives.................
ahhh americans... don't let their children swear or be exposed to swearing, but let them have guns!
topal63
. . .
+533|5890
Another random post to go with one above the one above.

I wonder how many chicken thigh-bones would it take to fill hell up?

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-18 13:24:59)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|5912|United States

morbesso666 wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Kiss_my_white_ass wrote:

Tell me why!?!? WHY THE HELL DO I GET KICKED FOR SAYING A WORD!? A WORD. Its a fucking word you crazy bastards. It's not like the "k" is going to shoot laser beams from itself if you say "fuck." Get over it you sissy little girls. THIS IS BF2. If you havent noticed, your shooting someone. I don't think expressing ones feelings, no matter how harsh they might be, is an appropriate kick. I mean, if I read the bible, I don't think you guys are going to be damnned to hell if you say a word. (Note for the slow: If you havent picked up on it yet, Im a Athiest and don't believe in hell) So get over your nice guy pussy little actions and take that fucking kick crap off for not even saying, TYPING, a word.
I, in another game, am in a Christian squad.  We try to maintain a friendly atmosphere for all to play in.  Do you know who's playing this game?  No you don't.  It could be a 10 year old, it could could be a 60 year old.  But we supply a clean gaming server for all to play in.  Our server is full almost 24/7, because people enjoy a fun and clean place to game in.  There is no need to swear in the game.  Swear to yourself if need be, but not in a server.  If you were to swear harshly like you may do in where you play, you would be banned so incredibly quickly in my squads server.  It's a word, yes, but a word with a bad/harsh meaning.  Heck, if you came into our server, I would ban you because of your name.  So, hey, if you swore in Christian server, what would you expect?

This is life, swear in life.  BF2 is a game, don't swear in a game.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
it'll be a 10 years old baby
poor bastard omg he'll have a trauma for the rest of his lives.................
ahhh americans... don't let their children swear or be exposed to swearing, but let them have guns!
It's a Christian server, run by Christians, run by Christian values.  I don't blame them for having such a strick language filter.  And Christians (Good ones) ussually don't let there kids have guns.  Do you know how a swear will affect a persons life, the first time they hear it?  I know, the first time I heard "fuck", I really did have whole new outlook on life.  I realized how cold and cruel the word really is.  So yes, infact, "trauma" could occur.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|5917|Houston, TX
I'm confused.  Mostly by the idea that good Christians don't let their kids have guns.  Mind you, I'm not a Christian, but having grown up in Texas, (West side bible belt) Having attended a Baptist Academy, and having a social life that encorporates 80% Christian (of some denom)  I'd beg to differ that there is some rule stated by the bible and or any scripture that denounces letting a child have a weapon.  To further on that, what makes or breaks a good Christian from a bad Christian once you've passed a weapon on to your child?  At what age? Is this a Christian Value?

As for the language, pardon, but shit happens.  We are all subjected to hearing slang, jargon, derogetory remarks and the like.  Do you feel that your life would have had a different outcome or changed your outlook any differently had you heard "fuck" at a later age?  Would you rather realize how cold and cruel the world is at a later age?  Would it have mattered?  Would it have had a more or less traumatic effect on your life?

I'm rereading this and it resembles an attack on Bert.  Please realize that I'm not trying to be aggressive.  I agree, Christian servers can run a server however they want.  If I don't like it, I'm not forced to play there by any means.  I'm having the hard time with the statements concerning judgement passed on Christians (or anyone on for that matter) when in terms of Good and Bad.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
Member
+302|5908|Salt Lake City

Bert10099 wrote:

I know, the first time I heard "fuck", I really did have whole new outlook on life.  I realized how cold and cruel the word really is.  So yes, infact, "trauma" could occur.
If that word affected your life that much, all I have to say is that you are going to have a long cruel/cold life full of altering experiences.

People that would let the word "fuck" alter their lives so much scare me.  These are the kind of people that start shooting class mates and teachers.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|5912|United States
If a guy wants to give his kid a gun, so be it.  Would a "good" father/mother give their kid a gun?  I don't think so.  Christian or not.

Kung jew wrote:

As for the language, pardon, but shit happens.  We are all subjected to hearing slang, jargon, derogetory remarks and the like.  Do you feel that your life would have had a different outcome or changed your outlook any differently had you heard "fuck" at a later age?  Would you rather realize how cold and cruel the world is at a later age?  Would it have mattered?  Would it have had a more or less traumatic effect on your life?
You know, probably not.  Lets do this.  Take a kid who has never heard the word, ask him what he thinks of life, then, teach him the word fuck, and a week later ask what he thinks of life now.

Kung Jew wrote:

I'm rereading this and it resembles an attack on Bert.
Why am I being attacked.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|5912|United States

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

I know, the first time I heard "fuck", I really did have whole new outlook on life.  I realized how cold and cruel the word really is.  So yes, infact, "trauma" could occur.
If that word affected your life that much, all I have to say is that you are going to have a long cruel/cold life full of altering experiences.

People that would let the word "fuck" alter their lives so much scare me.  These are the kind of people that start shooting class mates and teachers.
I'm not saying I feel like, "OMG the world sucks, life sucks, I think I'll kill myself now."  Ummm, no?

What did you think, the first time you heard that word, eh?


Also i'm not trying to start a religion/how to be a parent/ whatever argument here.  So, guys, lets not get out of hand?
Agent_Dung_Bomb
Member
+302|5908|Salt Lake City

Bert10099 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

I know, the first time I heard "fuck", I really did have whole new outlook on life.  I realized how cold and cruel the word really is.  So yes, infact, "trauma" could occur.
If that word affected your life that much, all I have to say is that you are going to have a long cruel/cold life full of altering experiences.

People that would let the word "fuck" alter their lives so much scare me.  These are the kind of people that start shooting class mates and teachers.
I'm not saying I feel like, "OMG the world sucks, life sucks, I think I'll kill myself now."  Ummm, no?

What did you think, the first time you heard that word, eh?


Also i'm not trying to start a religion/how to be a parent/ whatever argument here.  So, guys, lets not get out of hand?
The first time I heard that word I had no idea what it even meant.  I think the main reason people don't want others swearing around their kids is because the kids may not know what it means, but they parrot everything and would start repeating it.  It also sends a message to kids that such language is acceptable, when it isn't.

All I'm saying is that I don't think swear words cause the kind of trauma you claim to have had.  I would suspect that the first time you really heard the word "fuck" you too had to idea what it meant.
topal63
. . .
+533|5890

Bert10099 wrote:

"Fuck" - What did you think, the first time you heard that word, eh?
I asked my friend what does that mean - he told me - I laughed!

Also my friends and I would try to come up absurd combinations of swear words! As if sexuality and swear words were something a teenage boy was fearful of - and I was raised in a strict Catholic home that tried to instill fear and guilt into me - didn’t work.

Also I like this absurd combination still 20 years later: I don't give a flying fuck.

Last edited by topal63 (2006-01-18 14:45:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard