Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

All-I-C-Z-Rage wrote:

Well, you will get bored sooner or later.
I did with SA, I`d leave it for like a week, pick it back up, and enjoy it again.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England

Ryan wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Probably GTA IV.  I was surprised how bad it was compared to the others.
Why do you guys say it's so bad? I've been hearin git a lot lately, and have been curious as to why you say that?
From the times I've played it, I enjoyed it a lot, mainly because it had much better graphics than Vice City and San Andreas. SA was fun, but I find GTA:IV to be so much better.
The other games had so much replay value compared to this one, and the missions got pretty boring.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

Ryan wrote:

All-I-C-Z-Rage wrote:

How long did you play it for?

The game was freaking boring, oh my god. The missions were literally the same.

The PC version will probably be better because of the MODS, otherwise, the game isn't even worth buying, a rent probably. Hence, why I traded it.
I played it about 3 times, for like 20 minutes (so an hour).
I haven`t played a GTA game in years, so I enjoyed the free roaming and criminal acts I could do.
I'm actually going to help you Ryan, I don't know why.

GTA4 is like Assassins Creed. It's a game that you rent for 3 days or a week and then take back, knowing that in those few days you have extracted and consumed 95% of the fun and enjoyment the game has. Don't buy it, because after you've completed it and you're bored and believe me, you will. You'll be stuck as to what do do next and why you've just spend 5 months looking forward to something that let you down. Much like Crysis did.
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

jord wrote:

Ryan wrote:

All-I-C-Z-Rage wrote:

How long did you play it for?

The game was freaking boring, oh my god. The missions were literally the same.

The PC version will probably be better because of the MODS, otherwise, the game isn't even worth buying, a rent probably. Hence, why I traded it.
I haven`t played a GTA game in years, so I enjoyed the free roaming and criminal acts I could do.

GTA4 is like Assassins Creed. It's a game that you rent for 3 days or a week and then take back, knowing that in those few days you have extracted and consumed 95% of the fun and enjoyment the game has. Don't buy it, because after you've completed it and you're bored and believe me, you will. You'll be stuck as to what do do next and why you've just spend 5 months looking forward to something that let you down. Much like Crysis did.
Everyone I know has played it and enjoys it, and considering I don't have a console, I really want to get the PC version (which you can't really rent).
I got bored with a lot of games, like BF2. Played for 2 years, now I don't play it. GTA might be the same, who knows.
jord

Ryan wrote:

jord wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Everyone I know has played it and enjoys it, and considering I don't have a console, I really want to get the PC version (which you can't really rent).
I got bored with a lot of games, like BF2. Played for 2 years, now I don't play it. GTA might be the same, who knows.
If GTA lasts you 2 years Ryan not only will I stop being a dick to you, I'll send you my dick. I'm that sure of it's lack of re playability.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK

Ryan wrote:

jord wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Ryan listen to the guy. GTAIV is fun once through, it has no side quests or anything that extends its gameplay, it is a serious downgrade on the previous GTA's, everything that made them fun to play over and over is gone.

Heres a little checklist of a few things that massively kills its lifespan:

Hardly any weapons, what happened to flame-thrower, samurai sword etc.
Far less vechicles, no tank, no planes, no parachutes.
No businesses to buy
No import/export
No mini missions like those bike challenges in SA.
No burglary mission, pimping etc
Killed vigilante with this new crappy version.
No learning schools, ie side challenges to complete
Just pigeons and jumps, no seashells etc
Character building removed, therefore no gym, food etc
Hardly any clothes stores to customise your guy, ie making him a gangster, etc.

That's just a couple things I thought of as fast as I was typing.
jord
And even the stunt jumps are included. They're shit, the highest one isn't higher than my house...
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

r* should have spent less time pissing about with stupid multiplayer that no one is going to play and include new/more features and shit to do in the single player
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6465|Tyne & Wear, England

Vilham wrote:

No businesses to buy
No import/export

Pretty much my feelings of why it has zero replay value.  Its the little things I missed, like flying over Area 51 in the Harrier, parachuting out landing in the middle and seeing how long I can survive without being shot to shit.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

SamTheMan:D wrote:

r* should have spent less time pissing about with stupid multiplayer that no one is going to play and include new/more features and shit to do in the single player
they shoulda done ps3 exclusive.

blu-ray woulda made it a lot better IMO.

but it doesn't matter to them, making a shittier multiplatform game made a shitload more money than a good ps3 exclusive would have.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-08-18 11:53:37)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
Test Drive Unlimited
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6489|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Star Wars Lego's I/II
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6747|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
A game that really surprised me was STALKER S.O.C. I got it free when l upgraded my Graphics card (GTX 8800) I thought role play games would be shite. Oh how wrong l was, the game was gleaming and l'm looking forward to the next one.
If l'd not got it with my Graphics card l properly would not have got it.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6449|Boulder, CO
Max payne 2: the fall of max payne. I never knew a game could have that much depth and story to it. I swear its still probably the best game i ever bought.
Tetn1s
+59|6644|Los Angeles
cod4, it was said to be the best shooter of the year but i got bored of it after playing it for 24 hours.

tf2 (300 hrs)/bf2 (700 hrs) ftw
Tetn1s
+59|6644|Los Angeles

Vilham wrote:

Ryan wrote:

jord wrote:

Ryan listen to the guy. GTAIV is fun once through, it has no side quests or anything that extends its gameplay, it is a serious downgrade on the previous GTA's, everything that made them fun to play over and over is gone.

No businesses to buy
No import/export

overall, a gta3 with better graphics and physics.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I've had Shadow of the Colossus in my library for quite some time, but only now am I finally getting around to playing it.

I am epicly shitting epic bricks right now.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5976|England

Ned_Z wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Ryan wrote:

No businesses to buy
No import/export

overall, a gta3 with better graphics and physics.
ye, but somehow gta3 lasted about 500 hours more than 4
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
There are two ... I can't really remember which I played first tbh!

Battlefield 2 - it was incredible when I got it. I was mesmerized
Max Payne II - an in-depth story, a fantastic tale. The perfect connection between romance and horror ... fantastic
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Pretty much my feelings of why it has zero replay value.  Its the little things I missed, like flying over Area 51 in the Harrier, parachuting out landing in the middle and seeing how long I can survive without being shot to shit.
You just need to be creative. There's plenty of things to do. I find standoffs in the Middle Park East safehouse one of the best, followed by sniping people from the helipad in Star Junction. I can play GTA IV for an hour-two hours at a time now. The assassin missions were pretty fun, as well as the drug cartel missions.

Are there things from III/VC/SA I missed? Of course there is. But that's why this isn't the final game in the series. This is a whole new version of GTA. Rockstar needs to get used to it. When GTA IV: Vice City (atleast, it's seeming like that from the rumors) comes out, you can bet your ass that there'll be a whole shitload of new stuff to do. That's why Rockstar is one of the great game devs (along with Valve). They listen to their community more than most.

The only things I really didn't like about GTA IV was how 1) there was no parachutes and 2) there's just a lack of places to go in somewhere based on NYC. Having been to NYC 15-20 times, I know damn well that when you walk out of Penn Station/onto Times Square from a Taxi from JFK/LGA, you're going to find a shitload to do. Electronics stores, clothing stores, food stores/restaurants, etc. The next GTA IV, if it is indeed in Vice City, needs a LOT more places to go, just like Miami has.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
STALKER, it was intense.

Also "Sins of A Solar Empire"

I've spent so much time on that game
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

bennisboy wrote:

STALKER, it was intense.

I still need to get SoaSE. WiC too.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

Poseidon wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

STALKER, it was intense.

I still need to get SoaSE. WiC too.
GET IT! I haven't bothered with Wic, but when you get into Sins and know how to create a cool map and expand your empire, its truly epic. I've had games lasting over 10 hours (obviously not in one sittin).

Also I was surprised by how addictive top spin 3 is. I beat the number 25 in the world online today
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
WiC = win.
Phaytal
+20|6156|Engarlandd
Mass Effect, I expected it to be an overhyped bucket of sick, but it was actually rather epic + the female Shepard has a great ass

Last edited by Phaytal (2008-08-19 03:20:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard