Commie Killer
+192|6404
Have had the game for awhile, been playing it off and on, got on today and after about 20-30 seconds in game the multiplayer crashes. No error box pops up. It just crashes straight to windows. Any ideas? Im on Steam so Im not sure I can reinstall it.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5954|CANADA
I know a guy who is having a similar problem:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=107230
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6408

The_Lance_117 wrote:

I know a guy who is having a similar problem:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=107230
You just quoted him back to a topic he'd just linked to.
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine
Try clearing out your players folder (save stats if you wish). Also, try removing any other mods besides modwarfare from root/mods. Turn off X-Fire if it was on. Turn off steam...etc.

I often get crashes or lockups, but I just continue on and all is well. Few hiccups now and then.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6408

Try verifying the game's cache (go to steam>games>COD4>right click>properties>one of the tabs>verify something cache).

I get random quit to desktops, but very rarely.
Commie Killer
+192|6404

CrazeD wrote:

Try clearing out your players folder (save stats if you wish). Also, try removing any other mods besides modwarfare from root/mods. Turn off X-Fire if it was on. Turn off steam...etc.

I often get crashes or lockups, but I just continue on and all is well. Few hiccups now and then.
No other mods, dont use Xfire, and Steam cant be closed with the game running. I will try cleaning out the players folder.

some_random_panda wrote:

Try verifying the game's cache (go to steam>games>COD4>right click>properties>one of the tabs>verify something cache).

I get random quit to desktops, but very rarely.
I'll check that too. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Having trouble with verifying the cache, I went to the CoD4 folder, right clicked, but nothing about cache in any of the tabs.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2008-08-17 07:53:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard