Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6781|UK

Turquoise wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I don't think anything will happen to be honest, all this does is further cool relations between Russia and the West. I'm sure Russia will be aiming their missiles at Poland but I do not think they will be firing them anytime soon. I can't believe so many people seem to be surprised by this reaction to be honest...I guess we can do a comparison when Russia station nukes on Cuba.
I'm not surprised, but I'm glad we made this move.

And Mek, while what you said about NATO is partially true, for Poland to position itself more closely to the U.S. in a direct sense makes it that much less likely for Russia to attack them...  unless Putin is suicidal.
That's the problem Russian politicians seem very unhinged for a developed nation.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
It's just a mock sense of bravery and an exaggeration of their real power and capabiltiies.

Russia have been into this sort of thing for a very long time, no one is unfamiliar with their regular bomber-patrols into international airspace.

They simply don't like to be considered a collapsed state or a failed superpower. No matter how they can be criticised economically or politically, Russia will always strive to try and give off the impression that they are still contenders on the world-stage. Part of their intervention into Georgia has something to do with that attitude, no doubt... but one must also look at why they feel the need to act this way, rather than just retaliating.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard