i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

This topic is now the official bf2s 2008 hurricane season thread
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6630|UK
Would you think I was mad if I said I'd love to be in the thick of one of those storms? The most exciting weather I've seen is heavy-but-not-heavy-compared-to-a-tropical-storm rain and strong-but-not-strong-compared-to-a-tropical-storm wind.

I understand that they cause a lot of damage to ... everything - including people. But still ...
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6812|Marathon, Florida Keys
i hate these giant swirling wind and rain machines. I get to spend an entire day tomorrow putting up shutters in the humidity and mosquitoes woohoo.

/suicide
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

liquidat0r wrote:

Would you think I was mad if I said I'd love to be in the thick of one of those storms? The most exciting weather I've seen is heavy-but-not-heavy-compared-to-a-tropical-storm rain and strong-but-not-strong-compared-to-a-tropical-storm wind.

I understand that they cause a lot of damage to ... everything - including people. But still ...
i love storms too
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6812|Marathon, Florida Keys

liquidat0r wrote:

If you dont have property to worry about there fun as hell. Ive gone to the beach before during a cat3 and it was crazy fun. I brought goggles cuz of the sand.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

liquidat0r wrote:

It's cool to witness the strength. It's not cool to clean up. It's not cool to have no power for weeks. It's not cool to go to empty grocery stores because they had to throw almost everything out.

@ronin I was just talking to Dbbrinnson about all the mosquitoes and standing water..lol.
moar deet
Xbone Stormsurgezz
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6630|UK

Kmarion wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

It's cool to witness the strength. It's not cool to clean up. It's not cool to have no power for weeks. It's not cool to go to empty grocery stores because they had to throw almost everything out.
I guess I'd like to be a fly on the wall then. (And hope that the wall doesn't get blown away)
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

Kmarion wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

@ronin I was just talking to Dbbrinnson about all the mosquitoes and standing water..lol.
moar deet
mmmmmmm deet
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

liquidat0r wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

I guess I'd like to be a fly on the wall then. (And hope that the wall doesn't get blown away)
Just don't be one of those people wading out in the water when the stormsurge comes in. Two people drowned in rough surf when Fay rolled in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6545|Texas - Bigger than France
I still can't figure out why God hates Florida.  Sorry dude.
Ryan
+1,230|6846|Alberta, Canada

I don't get hurricanes
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6741|The Hague, Netherlands

The weather here gets about as interesting as 2 cows chasing each other.

(damage, personal stuff excluded with "cool" weather)

tho when some dykes break here half the country is gone....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England
Yeah, even a Tropical Storm can really ruin a large number of peoples day if it hits the right areas. When you buy a house in a Hurricane area I guess you're also buying into that lifestyle. I'm guessing the chances of actually getting hit hard is quite low, but when it does...

Also be lucky you're not in those poorer Caribbean countries where there isn't much you can do if something big is coming/hits your area

They get screwed big time

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

tho when some dykes break here half the country is gone....
Damn all the weed would be flooded and ruined

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-25 13:41:26)

i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

Pug wrote:

but you live in texas
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England
ig is lucky he has the landmass of florida as cannon fodder for the hurricanes

I'm lucky I have several thousand miles of ocean and that the winds don't really blow 'em this way

Although if you look at this, we do get the odd storm almost sortof coming here

The seas here are too shallow/cold for anything serious though

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-08-25 13:44:34)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6635|Finland

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Well, you've got the Atlantic giving you hell every now and then. That, and having large portions of the the country being below sea level.

We.. ..we have.. ..occasional wind. Although, every now and then the harbour floods in the autumn as winds press the sea northeast.

Hurricanes, I can't even imagine. Must suck ass, tbh. We can only hope that nothing apocalyptic like Katrina happens ever again.

Okay, there was the m/s Estonia incident in '94 due to rough Baltic storms, Let's hope that never happens again. Heavy storms in the Baltic make short cross waves that break the hulls faster than Jaws the shark.
I need around tree fiddy.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6545|Texas - Bigger than France

i g wrote:

Pug wrote:

but you live in texas
I actually live on the beach in Texas...we've been lucky.  Bertha was close.  We had tornados...we never have tornados, although the rest of Texas does.

Florida gets crushed every year...I seriously can't figure out why.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6630|UK

DonFck wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Well, you've got the Atlantic giving you hell every now and then. That, and having large portions of the the country being below sea level.
The Atlantic? The Netherlands doesn't have an Atlantic coast. Or do you mean weather brought in by the Atlantic?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6496|N. Ireland
No hurricanes in Northern Ireland today
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6741|The Hague, Netherlands

DonFck wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

We.. ..we have.. ..occasional wind. Although, every now and then the harbour floods in the autumn as winds press the sea northeast.

Hurricanes, I can't even imagine. Must suck ass, tbh. We can only hope that nothing apocalyptic like Katrina happens ever again.

Okay, there was the m/s Estonia incident in '94 due to rough Baltic storms, Let's hope that never happens again. Heavy storms in the Baltic make short cross waves that break the hulls faster than Jaws the shark.
we got the North Sea.... Atlantic... yeah a bit but we kinda push the yank-look-a-likes to that.... you know, hiding behind them...

we get the 110km/h wind things sometimes, big thunderstorms at night when it was hot, and you think you're high because you live 3 meters below sealevel but thats it.... but when we get shit we get the boats out!

tho today it's highly unlickly we'll get a major flood.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

i g wrote:

Pug wrote:

but you live in texas
Weren't you hit last year Pug?

Edit:..nm, I missed your last post

Actually I was thinking of Erin.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6345|Atlanta, Georgia
ig im scared can i come to your house?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6576
Bringing Gustav online...
shear is low...
water temps are almost perfect...

Any bets on where Mr. Gustav decides to eat?
i g
Banned
+876|5867|GA

NeXuS4909 wrote:

ig im scared can i come to your house?
wat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

https://i33.tinypic.com/2eul9at.jpg

Cat 3
Xbone Stormsurgezz