Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i know kerry, i have seen them before.  its just that some of the lines look like they were drawn by a 3yr old
Yea, they don't know crap until it hits the gulf. They (meteorologist) readily admit that.
The guys I knew who majored in meteorology (we called it either pre-Business or pre-Psychology) said meteorology should be called Theoretical Fluid Dynamics...because the math is impossible and nobody knows what is going to happen, regardless.
The problem is people still treat their forecast as the gospel. A couple years ago there was a poll on NOAA's site. It asked if people wanted them to remove the line in the center of the cone since we should be looking a the whole cone. The no's won in a landslide..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
It's raining like fuck here (look we get crazy weather too )

The gutter/roof pipe above my door has burst, and so it's like there's a waterfall right outside my back door, good thing it's one of those new secure watertight doors
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

KMSY 312036Z 312118 06010G17KT P6SM VCTS SCT025 BKN050CB OVC200
     TEMPO 2124 VRB15G25KT 2SM TSRA BKN035CB
     FM0500 05020G30KT P6SM VCSH OVC015
     FM1000 05040G60KT 1SM +RA OVC015
     FM1400 07055G70KT 1SM +RA OVC015

weather forecast for the new orleans airport.  i know it is in aviation jibberish, but 55 knots gusting to 70?  yikes

Last edited by usmarine (2008-08-31 20:29:21)

CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6630|Medford, WI
you would think people would figure out don't build a freakin city below sea level, and then after katrina why would you go back?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

90 percent of New Orleans is out.. that's good. The largest evacuation in the history of LA.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

Kmarion wrote:

90 percent of New Orleans is out.. that's good. The largest evacuation in the history of LA.
Who's the 10% left? Nat. Guard troops and other Gov./Emergency workers?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Yes.. they leave and at the last minute.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6164|what

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

There could be some patients in hospitals which are far too sick to move. But you'd think they would have been first priority to evacuate safely.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

There could be some patients in hospitals which are far too sick to move. But you'd think they would have been first priority to evacuate safely.
They are out. They did go first.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6164|what

Good to hear. Do you know who is left? Hope it's not the too stubborn to move or potential looters.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Good to hear. Do you know who is left? Hope it's not the too stubborn to move or potential looters.
Mostly police. (So people don't stay behind to loot before the storm)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6485|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Gustav is all over the news here too. Come evening news and we'll see what kind of festival you guys have there. The prognosis don't look too shabby
VicktorVauhn
+319|6403|Southern California
Was watching the news.... The were interviewing all the people who were at the airport evacuating...

Some dumb shit tourist says "I was upset they wouldn't let me stay, I wanted to experience whats its like"
God they should have just left him behind and granted his wish.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Was watching the news.... The were interviewing all the people who were at the airport evacuating...

Some dumb shit tourist says "I was upset they wouldn't let me stay, I wanted to experience whats its like"
God they should have just left him behind and granted his wish.
Tie him to the flood defences.
#rekt
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
It's not gonna directly hit N'Orleans though, I thought it was. It's predicted route is quite far away from New Orleans
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6485|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Reports say that ol' Gus dropped to a #3 carusel.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6773

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

It's not gonna directly hit N'Orleans though, I thought it was. It's predicted route is quite far away from New Orleans
same thing happened in katrina.  it doesnt matter where it lands, all that matters to NO is storm surge.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Well, that was close. All good, relatively speaking.

But the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said the levees had not been breached and city pumps were able to keep up with the flooding.  Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal warned residents it was too early to sound the all-clear because floodwaters could take hours to recede.

"Just because the storm is moving over your area, do not think that the tidal surge impacts are yet over," he said.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
i g
Banned
+876|5875|GA

i feel let-down

im a sick person
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

i g wrote:

i feel let-down

im a sick person
I'd rather be let-down than home-less.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

https://i36.tinypic.com/ra15pw.jpg
A man who would only give his name as Chris, drinks a beer outside a bar
on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter as Hurricane Gustav approaches the
Louisiana area, Monday, Sept. 1, 2008, in New Orleans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York
Crazy fucks..
i g
Banned
+876|5875|GA

fuck beer. give me shots
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6630|Medford, WI