usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

i dunno.  i see your points, but it is a rule.  thats all i am saying.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6436
I see that point too.  I am merely saying that the rule is pointless, and I tend to live by a creedo that if a rule makes no sense, then only the senseless follow it.  I mean if being young is an advantage, then why not drop the age limit, and just let the best compete.  Any rule that disqualifies a truly superior athlete that doesn't cheat, is a bad rule, imo.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2008-08-14 16:01:54)

Commie Killer
+192|6385

oChaos.Haze wrote:

I never understood this.  People are bitching about China putting YOUNGER kids in?  lmfao, I say let em.  If you lose to kids, you deserve it.
Not true, the younger body's weigh less and have more flexibility, great advantage in gymnastics obviously.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Being UNDERage, is a pointless rule,yes.  If the Olympics are so pure and about being the best athlete, then why would you not permit someone to compete for being too YOUNG?  I don't mean to come off as an asshole but dear lord, I just don't see how being disadvantaged could possibly be cheating...
there has to be an advantage or they would not pluck them when there are 4 yrs old right?  I mean, you dont do shit that will hurt the outcome.
The advantage is excluding the other age groups from other countries. The ones who feared getting caught. The west documents everything with their children. An open society could easily call bs.  A police state playing the role of Olympic host?.. not so much.

It doesn't take away from their exceptional performance though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Commie Killer wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

I never understood this.  People are bitching about China putting YOUNGER kids in?  lmfao, I say let em.  If you lose to kids, you deserve it.
Not true, the younger body's weigh less and have more flexibility, great advantage in gymnastics obviously.
plus they have had less injuries i would imagine.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

Commie Killer wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Then let every country put teens and kids in of any age... The games are about showing who is best in the world at that time.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Kmarion wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Being UNDERage, is a pointless rule,yes.  If the Olympics are so pure and about being the best athlete, then why would you not permit someone to compete for being too YOUNG?  I don't mean to come off as an asshole but dear lord, I just don't see how being disadvantaged could possibly be cheating...
there has to be an advantage or they would not pluck them when there are 4 yrs old right?  I mean, you dont do shit that will hurt the outcome.
The advantage is excluding the other age groups from other countries. The ones who feared getting caught. The west documents everything with their children. An open society could easily call bs.  A police state playing the role of Olympic host?.. not so much.

It doesn't take away from their exceptional performance though.
thats true.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

jord wrote:

Then let every country put teens and kids in of any age... The games are about showing who is best in the world at that time.
i dont agree with that.  i do not want to see a 10 yr old doing the floor routine.  that aint right.
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

i dont agree with that.  i do not want to see a 10 yr old doing the floor routine.  that aint right.
I thought you were for pressure on young kids to perform at their best?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

a little league baseball game with like 20 people watching sure.  not the olympics.  come on jord, honestly.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

This is where it becomes highly subjective.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

Exactly, not to mention they are 10, whose to say that they really want to be there. I dont believe its right, maybe 14 or 15, but 16's best.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

This is where it becomes highly subjective.
yes, and thats why a group of people who run the event come up with the rule.
jord

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

a little league baseball game with like 20 people watching sure.  not the olympics.  come on jord, honestly.
What, they put kids on the stage singing in front of thousands. It's not really different, if they didn't like it they wouldn't be good at it, and they wouldn't do it.

I woulda loved to be a sprinter or some shit at that age.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

jord wrote:

It's not really different, if they didn't like it they wouldn't be good at it, and they wouldn't do it.
This is China, I doubt they had that much of a choice in it. Chinese take their public image very seriously and I doubt they really care what a few children and parents think compared to the world.
jord

Commie Killer wrote:

jord wrote:

It's not really different, if they didn't like it they wouldn't be good at it, and they wouldn't do it.
This is China, I doubt they had that much of a choice in it. Chinese take their public image very seriously and I doubt they really care what a few children and parents think compared to the world.
I doubt they care now. At least he rest of the world would be on a level footing.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

well, all these theories are great and all, but the fact is right now it is against the rules.  simple as that.
Commie Killer
+192|6385

usmarine wrote:

well, all these theories are great and all, but the fact is right now it is against the rules.  simple as that.
If China made sense, this would be able to be proved, and if the world made sense, this wouldnt be a problem. Nothing we can do about it except feel sorry for a team that (sorta) got cheated out of their medals and then move on.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165

Commie Killer wrote:

usmarine wrote:

If China made sense, this would be able to be proved, and if the world made sense, this wouldnt be a problem. Nothing we can do about it except feel sorry for a team that (sorta) got cheated out of their medals and then move on.
Sore loser.  A bunch of kids beat your experienced gymnastic team and you blame age.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
...or we can go ahead and admit that the Olympics lost their relevance back in 1936 when we let Hitler host the games.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Commie Killer wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I'm boycotting Chinese food tonight.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Sore loser.  A bunch of kids beat your experienced gymnastic team and you blame age.
their captain was 20 i think.  so, it was not all kids.  id say 1 or 2 were under 16.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

...or we can go ahead and admit that the Olympics lost their relevance back in 1936 when we let Hitler host the games.
Some of us still enjoy it. Actually I think 4 billion of us still enjoy it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Commie Killer
+192|6385
I guess I should of put [sarcasm][/sarcasm] on that "feeling sorry for them" comment.

The point about age stands though. It is easier to do those moves on less injured bodies, with less weight, less height, and more flexibility. Hell, when I was that age, I could have done sit ups all day long and never got tired. You arent as strong, but you dont need to be with less weight.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Some of us still enjoy it. Actually I think 4 billion of us still enjoy it.
ya wtf...i got my reminder set for nbc at 8pm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard