Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Is it me or do the Chinese boxers get a fucking point for just looking at their opponents? Paddy Barnes just got beat 15-0 by his Chinese opponent despite clearly landing several scoring shots over the 4 rounds. Barnes said after the fight that he doesn't contest the fact that he lost but said the judges were disgraceful, he also hinted that he may not accept his bronze medal as a protest.

The same thing has been happening to other boxers against Chinese opponents throughout this tournament and it's just not fair.
The scoring in boxing is a joke. It does nothing but add to the corruption of boxing and its judges. It amazes me that a boxer can score a "0" in a 4 round boxing match....that is laughable and the commentators in America are saying the same thing. Maybe some day something can be figured out that takes the judges out of this, maybe like what fencing has. Who knows but the way it is now just doesnt work and is a total failure. Guys who train and take this kind of risk in boxing to represent their country for the last 4 years deserve better than this.
Completely agreed.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
Here's a news report on the fight. Barnes said the scoring was so bad that the judges are the ones who should be drug tested! LOL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic … 576712.stm
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6465|The Twilight Zone
15-0 cmon Barnes ain't that bad.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

oChaos.Haze wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/n … s&cid=

and for some of the people in this forum who said that it is just sour grapes or that nobody said anything until the medals were handed out...here is a quote from the article.

"Questions about the ages of at least three of the athletes on China's team have swirled for months."

Did you get that......MONTHS!!
As I said before...when the practices started more teams started to question the ages and it wasn't coming from just the Americans, the IOC even double checked the passports...which anyone knows is quite useless in this scenario.

I do know that the age limit was raised previously...I do not know why it was raised but it is a rule and all teams should stand by it. If not, then we might as well let all track runners run in other lanes (2 runners eliminated in the 200m men's final for just stepping on the lines), we might as well let the javeline throwers throw at any point....no fouls and we should allow men to play on the women's volleyball and basketball teams. Some people in here think it is fine to bend the rules and so what if China used younger people....hmmm....that is stupid and shows the character of some people in here. The olympics are supposed to be about coming together for sport and sportsmanship, to put aside differences and compete and to have fair play. If you can't handle it and have to cheat, then that person and his/ her coaches are idiots no matter what country they are from.
While I have said over and over that I realize they broke the rules, your comparisons are rather lack luster.  Every comparison you drew gains an advantage.  Like I said, China should definitely catch some shit for this, but the little girls who just did what they were told, should be left alone.
What about the little girl that got a silver vs a gold, or a bronze vs a silver, or nothing vs a bronze.  There are 3 girls that got screw'd because of what China AND the underage girl did.  She lied to the press, too.  The next olympics she will be of age to compete legally and be able to actually win in FAIR competition.  Most of the other girls I mentioned will be too old to be competitive so this was their only shot.

This is why you fail.
.Sup
be nice
I think the age limit should be dropped. If a 10 year old can win over 25 year old person well gratz to him same with older persons.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

.Sup wrote:

I think the age limit should be dropped. If a 10 year old can win over 25 year old person well gratz to him same with older persons.
I think there is an age limit due to safety concerns.  Nobody wants to see a 10 year old set down her barbie doll to do the floor excercise and then watch her leg snap in two as she lands wrong or her neck snap when she falls from the balance beam.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6549|Long Island, New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I think there is an age limit due to safety concerns.  Nobody wants to see a 10 year old set down her barbie doll to do the floor excercise and then watch her leg snap in two as she lands wrong or her neck snap when she falls from the balance beam.
That and the fact that, as pointed out earlier in the thread, smaller/younger girls are NATURALLY better than older ones.

Which is what makes Nastia Liukin's achievements so much better, and why Shawn Johnson is actually quite lucky to have her small frame.
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to see that happen to anyone. 10 year old breaking her leg, 16 year old breaking her leg. Just the same.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

jord wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I don't think anyone wants to see that happen to anyone. 10 year old breaking her leg, 16 year old breaking her leg. Just the same.
No, it is not the same.  A 16 year old doing gymnastics has more control over what SHE chooses to do, a 10 year old would just be a pawn in the coaches hands and would most likely not comprehend the danger involved with some of the things being asked of her.  Most 10 year old don't don't fully understand or think about consequences.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire

.Sup wrote:

15-0 cmon Barnes ain't that bad.
I know he didn't win the fight, the Chinese guy is a really good fighter...he didn't need the biased judging, he could have won fair and square with a realistic score.

BREAKING NEWS: Ireland 1 Great Britain 1

Irish boxing team captain Kenneth Egan avenged the earlier defeat of Darren Sutherland at the hands of British boxer James DeGale by classily outpointing Tony Jeffries 10-3 at light heavyweight! A stalemate with the auld enemy!!!
.Sup
be nice

Lotta_Drool wrote:

jord wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

No, it is not the same.  A 16 year old doing gymnastics has more control over what SHE chooses to do, a 10 year old would just be a pawn in the coaches hands and would most likely not comprehend the danger involved with some of the things being asked of her.  Most 10 year old don't don't fully understand or think about consequences.
To me it seems younger girls have better control, the youngest are winning in gimnastics. Nobody wants a 10 year old to brake anything but the same can happen to a 30 year old. People who compete know what can happen if you're not careful. Every sportsman knows that.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5947
No way she's 16. My sister is 10and she looks older, ( and she's not very big too ).  Judge I object!!! There's cheatin' about!

I have nothing against the Chinese but there is no way that chick is near 16. Maybe 14 at the most but not "Going to turn 16" Bullsh1t
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

.Sup wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

jord wrote:

To me it seems younger girls have better control, the youngest are winning in gimnastics. Nobody wants a 10 year old to brake anything but the same can happen to a 30 year old. People who compete know what can happen if you're not careful. Every sportsman knows that.
So 10 year olds are as mature as 16 year olds?  10 year olds are mature enough to make decisions about dangerous gymnastic routines and assess them?  10 year olds would be willfully put in danger to perform dangerous routines, flips, and events?

No age limit is stupid and the age limit was put in place and agreed upon by people a lot better informed on the subject than you or I.
Ghandi767
+17|6633|Hanging in the Balance
How the f*ck does a 16 year old weigh 68 pounds?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6416|North Carolina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

So 10 year olds are as mature as 16 year olds?  10 year olds are mature enough to make decisions about dangerous gymnastic routines and assess them?  10 year olds would be willfully put in danger to perform dangerous routines, flips, and events?

No age limit is stupid and the age limit was put in place and agreed upon by people a lot better informed on the subject than you or I.
This might be somewhat evil, but I like the idea of removing the age limit so that something terrible happens, and then people actually give a shit about the age issue again.

Sometimes, the only way you can get your point across is to let people get burned.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6449

Lotta_Drool wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastics/n … s&cid=

and for some of the people in this forum who said that it is just sour grapes or that nobody said anything until the medals were handed out...here is a quote from the article.

"Questions about the ages of at least three of the athletes on China's team have swirled for months."

Did you get that......MONTHS!!
As I said before...when the practices started more teams started to question the ages and it wasn't coming from just the Americans, the IOC even double checked the passports...which anyone knows is quite useless in this scenario.

I do know that the age limit was raised previously...I do not know why it was raised but it is a rule and all teams should stand by it. If not, then we might as well let all track runners run in other lanes (2 runners eliminated in the 200m men's final for just stepping on the lines), we might as well let the javeline throwers throw at any point....no fouls and we should allow men to play on the women's volleyball and basketball teams. Some people in here think it is fine to bend the rules and so what if China used younger people....hmmm....that is stupid and shows the character of some people in here. The olympics are supposed to be about coming together for sport and sportsmanship, to put aside differences and compete and to have fair play. If you can't handle it and have to cheat, then that person and his/ her coaches are idiots no matter what country they are from.
While I have said over and over that I realize they broke the rules, your comparisons are rather lack luster.  Every comparison you drew gains an advantage.  Like I said, China should definitely catch some shit for this, but the little girls who just did what they were told, should be left alone.
What about the little girl that got a silver vs a gold, or a bronze vs a silver, or nothing vs a bronze.  There are 3 girls that got screw'd because of what China AND the underage girl did.  She lied to the press, too.  The next olympics she will be of age to compete legally and be able to actually win in FAIR competition.  Most of the other girls I mentioned will be too old to be competitive so this was their only shot.

This is why you fail.
You really just have no idea how stupid you sound do you?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

This is why you fail.
This is why you fail.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6449

Lotta_Drool wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

This is why you fail.
This is why you fail.
Yet once again, thanks for proving my point.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

This is why you fail.
Yet once again, thanks for proving my point.
What ever.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire
Just watched Ireland's Kenny Egan being robbed by hometown scoring in the light-heavyweight boxing final. The scoring in these Olympics when Chinese athletes have been involved has been absolutely appalling.
Turquoise
O Canada

Braddock wrote:

Just watched Ireland's Kenny Egan being robbed by hometown scoring in the light-heavyweight boxing final. The scoring in these Olympics when Chinese athletes have been involved has been absolutely appalling.
Did you really expect China to play fair?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

I figured you guys were used to being disregarded and walked all over by other countries.  Surprised to hear you complain, I thought you guys were good subjects that knew their place.
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

I figured you guys were used to being disregarded and walked all over by other countries.  Surprised to hear you complain, I thought you guys were good subjects that knew their place.
Um... ever heard of the IRA?  I mean, I'm not saying they were justified in killing innocent people, but the Irish definitely haven't had a history of lying down against aggressors.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6301|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

How did your boys get on in the boxing Lotta!?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6194|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

How did your boys get on in the boxing Lotta!?
I don't know, I am not complaining, and I am not a subject of England.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard