KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

Uzique wrote:

i g wrote:

umm j dilla took it from james brown...
guilty simpson is pretty damn good
dont get all high and mighty on me
Well of course it's sampled from other songs (especially one as recognisable as James Brown)- not many hip-hop or rap songs are originally composed.
That's not true.  Sure, there is plenty of sampling in hip hop, but there's plenty of original beats too.

The only time Dropkick are acceptable is when Forrest Griffin is entering the ring.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-12 18:23:35)

A W S M F O X R O X
Banned
+55|5789|A W S M F O X
Only acceptable in The Departed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Kiss Me I'm Shit Faced.
Shipping Up To Boston.
Finnegans Wake.

All great songs.

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2008-08-12 21:39:10)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6525

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

I'm from Boston and have actually been listening to DKM for years now, however they seem to be going downhill. I'm Shipping Up To Boston is an ok song at best, the chorus is just awful, no excuse for a punk band to sound like that when they do a pretty cool intro. If you want the truly good songs by DKM (aka punk songs) here are a few of my favorites:

Barroom Hero
Bill's Bones
Boys on the Docks - If you don't know this song, you should never call yourself a DKM fan, simply put.
Curse of a Fallen Soul
Finnegan's Wake
In the Streets of Boston
John Law
Pipebomb on Lansdowne
Rocky Road to Dublin
The Gauntlet

I'm sure I missed a few, that's what I caught while quickly scrolling through my playlist, that's every CD up to Warrior's Code that they released. I also love Time To Go but I'm biased because I'm a huge Bruins fan. Since I feel biased towards that song, I didn't include in the above list.
qft about Boys on the Docks, i love singing along with that song

awesome thread Father Ted! i love the dropkick Murphys!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6307|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

you only just heard of them?

i'm disappointed jamie (happy birthday by the way)
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6537|Adelaide, South Australia

I have the 'Sing Loud, Sing Proud' Album.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5812|sweden
i think flogging molly does the irish drunk music thing better.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5782|Belgium

hiberNative wrote:

i think flogging molly does the irish drunk music thing better.
Yeah, Flogging Molly is awesome. I like DKM too, though.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
haha some stupid bitch from down the road just came to complain about the noise.

i went to the door in my boxers with bed hair and the DKM's blasting away and said "yeh sorry"
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6507|Gogledd Cymru

FatherTed wrote:

haha some stupid bitch from down the road just came to complain about the noise.

i went to the door in my boxers with bed hair and the DKM's blasting away and said "yeh sorry"
Shoulda gone naked tbff
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum

The Sheriff wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Shoulda gone naked tbff
ive put on tiesto even louder, to compensate.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6140|West Aus
Oh heck yes first I herd of them was the song featured in The Departed but since then I am hooked.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6488
Everyone knows that the best party and drinking music is a combination of Sunn O))) and Nadja.

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5812|sweden

Uzique wrote:

Everyone knows that the best party and drinking music is a combination of Sunn O))) and Nadja.

nadja? need to download them. i love sunn.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6481|meh-land
I apprenticed to a grocer

that one line is pretty much pure ownage, and all i ever needed to know this band rocked
on top of the bagpipes
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6308|Éire
I'm not a huge fan of bar-chordy punk music but some of the Dropkick Murphy's tunes do kick ass, nice combination of old Celtic music and heavy guitars. 'Shipping Off To Boston' is a great tune to fire yourself up, I can totally understand why John Duddy uses that music to enter the ring.

Two other great Irish rock tunes for firing yourself up are Horslips - An Dearg Doom...

...and "In The Name Of the Father" by Gavin Friday and Bono (especially when the tune kicks in properly!)

Last edited by Braddock (2008-08-13 11:55:17)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6254|Uk
seen them live WOOOOOOO!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard