SealXo
+309|6532
Your thoughts? I just came across this, have no idea if its credible. But I wouldn't be suprised. Read for yourself.

http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/0 … can-hands/

from source wrote:

For those who have not followed this story, Soetoro is the name on Obama’s Birth Certificate (BC) because a new BC was issued when he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro, his step-father. His original BC, which we assume was issued for Barack Hussein Obama at birth, would have been sealed at that time.

We assert that Barry Soetoro acquired Indonesian citizenship in approximately 1965-1966, and may still hold it. Barack Obama possibly changed his legal name back to Barack Hussein Obama as an older child, teenager, or adult, possibly never did — but even if he did, this procedure would not result in a change to the BC.

The Birth Certificate published by Obama on his campaign website (still there, by the way) and distributed to the media was forged because the real BC on file is in the name Soetoro, an identity he apparently wanted to hide from the American people.

I am getting reports from different sources that Obama traveled to Pakistan in ‘81 with an Indonesian passport.

These revelations raise several troubling issues for Obama’s electability and eligibility. Foremost, there is the concerted attempt to conceal his background and dual citizenship/identity from the electorate. Secondly, there is a potential Constitutional problem with a POTUS having held dual citizenship; Article II of the constitution requires the POTUS and Commander-in-Chief to have only ONE loyalty to country, and that must be to the US.
This is probably bullshit but it still is interesting. So when he was adopted that was his given name on his BC but he forged it to say Barack Obama.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-08-11 15:07:17)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
John McCain is actually the ambassador from the Mars Attacks! movie
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker
Even if he doesn't have dual citizenship he won't be loyal to this country.  He'd rather try to be a worldwide-rockstar-friend-of-everybody.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6340|tropical regions of london
muslims
SealXo
+309|6532

Stingray24 wrote:

Even if he doesn't have dual citizenship he won't be loyal to this country.  He'd rather try to be a worldwide-rockstar-friend-of-everybody.
Thats not even the point the point is if this is true he forged the one on his site.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

Stingray24 wrote:

...so much for keeping the debate on policy stances and voting records....
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
Oh god its happening again

They'll probably make an ad with a bunch of old white Republicans saying "We were there!!!" LOL

swiftboating ftl
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
It's so riveting it must be true.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … e-part-ii/

not true.  Anything else I can easily google to find out for you?
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Once again, people insist on letting reality confuse the situation.
imortal
+240|6661|Austin, TX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Well, the issue the OP is bringing up is not adressed directly by the website you posted.  That being said, it does beg credulity that it could be pulled off. 

Actually, it would only take a few people in key places to actually do it.  I mean, it is not like it would be the first time.  Kerry's DD214 with his listed awards was altered as well.
IRONCHEF
+385|6487|Northern California
Sounds about as compelling a "bombshell" as McCain not being a natural born citizen..which he isn't technically.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida

IRONCHEF wrote:

Sounds about as compelling a "bombshell" as McCain not being a natural born citizen..which he isn't technically.
Except this one implies Obamas a muslim secret agent sent by radicals to spread Islam throughout the western world.
IRONCHEF
+385|6487|Northern California
Yes, I've seen the "Manchurian 'Muslim' Candidate" conspiracy plenty...which is why i said it's about as compelling a bombshell as McCain's citizenship.

And to be honest, it'd be kinda fun if Obama actually turned out to be the Hollywood derived Manchurian Candidate and started doing all kinds of crazy stuff.  It would probably be more fun and interesting than what we currently have or would have with McCain.  So yeah, Change for change's sake is good..regardless of the direction of it! lol

*no, i do not have much hope in my country's ability to have a good leader..sue me*
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

IRONCHEF wrote:

McCain actually IS technically a natural born citizen. Both his parents were US citizens at the time of his birth. Location of his birth is irrelevant at that point.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6164

FEOS wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

McCain actually IS technically a natural born citizen. Both his parents were US citizens at the time of his birth. Location of his birth is irrelevant at that point.
Bullshit.  If that were true then every Puerto Rican, Guam and US Virgin Islands natives should be able to run for President, and they don't.

The surprise will probably be that McCain chose Dick Cheney to run as VP.
Turquoise
O Canada

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Bullshit.  If that were true then every Puerto Rican, Guam and US Virgin Islands natives should be able to run for President, and they don't.

That would definitely be a surprise because Cheney isn't eligible to run as VP.  He could only run for president at this point.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Puerto Ricans are "statutory US citizens".  They theoretically CAN run for president.  Guam and US VI do not hold the same status as Puerto Rico, so I don't really know why you included them.

The reality is there hasn't really been a concrete challenge of the vague interpretations of "citizen" as described in the Constitution.  Just because "they don't" doesn't mean they can't.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6164

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Puerto Ricans are "statutory US citizens".  They theoretically CAN run for president.  Guam and US VI do not hold the same status as Puerto Rico, so I don't really know why you included them.

The reality is there hasn't really been a concrete challenge of the vague interpretations of "citizen" as described in the Constitution.  Just because "they don't" doesn't mean they can't.
I included citizens in Puerto Rico because they cannot, get your facts straight.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

A rose by another other name would smell just as sweet.

Unless you called them stink blossoms.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

I included citizens in Puerto Rico because they cannot, get your facts straight.
They can't run for President?  Says who?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6164

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The Constitution.  They can't even vote for President, let alone run for it.
Turquoise
O Canada
Yeah, I figured the lack of ability to vote for the job would also entail not being able to run for it, but hey, stranger things have become law.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

They can't vote for President because they don't have a representative in the Electoral College.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones-Shafroth_Act

There is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits "statutory" US Citizens from running for president.  Have you read the US Constitution?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6164

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

They can't vote for President because they don't have a representative in the Electoral College.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones-Shafroth_Act

There is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits "statutory" US Citizens from running for president.  Have you read the US Constitution?
Statutory citizenship is not the same as a natural born citizenship.  And yes, I have.

To put it into perspective, a son of an illegal immigrant born in the US could run for president while someone born in PR could not.

Edited: Forgot to put born in the US.

Last edited by MGS3_GrayFox (2008-08-12 19:10:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard