`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5724
I was thinking about creating synths (Like techno, ambient, electronic music) lately and I wanted to know if anyone has recommendations on good programs to make any.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Fruity Loops is a neat program for just messing around and having fun with it, seeing what kinds of sounds you can create (assuming you have good plugins as well). I've even made a couple short songs with it. But as for creating professional, top-quality music that you plan to sell around the world, FL won't cut it. Despite all the heat it gets, FL is actually a pretty good program, especially for beginners.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Finale

If you have a MIDI keyboard, you can record your own stuff in this program. It allows you to choose between several dozen instrument sounds.

It's $600 but if you want to "acquire" it, I'm sure you can find it somewhere.
`MetaL*
Just an ordinary guy, Looking for lulz.
+45|5724

ebug9 wrote:

Finale

If you have a MIDI keyboard, you can record your own stuff in this program. It allows you to choose between several dozen instrument sounds.

Awesome! I have a Casio ctk-401 ($50 lulz) This might be something I will be "aquiring" if you know what I mean.

Karma for all kthxbai.
aimless
+166|6095|Texas

mtb0minime wrote:

Fruity Loops is a neat program for just messing around and having fun with it, seeing what kinds of sounds you can create (assuming you have good plugins as well). I've even made a couple short songs with it. But as for creating professional, top-quality music that you plan to sell around the world, FL won't cut it. Despite all the heat it gets, FL is actually a pretty good program, especially for beginners.
FL does cut it for pro music. Actually, any app will. It's all how you use it. In my experience of using FL Studio, Reason, Sonar, and Abelton Live, FL studio was the easiest to learn and the easiest to start making music on. The latest release comes with SynthMaker which is godsend if you like creating your own synths.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6408|King Of The Islands

Mario Paint Composer.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification
Propellerhead Reason.

Bloody amazing program.
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6588|Medford, WI

ebug9 wrote:

Finale

thats what my dad uses, hes a band teacher
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

CosmoKramer wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Finale

thats what my dad uses, hes a band teacher
I learned about it in music class. Very handy for assignments.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland
If you have your own keyboard then Sibelius might make sense

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard