Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/Murta44/Pics/Prem2.jpg

So the Premier League is almost upon us and I cannot wait.

How do you see the title race / relegation dogfight / fight for Europe panning out?
In the short while that we have left in the transfer window, who would you like to see your club bring in?
Which club will be the surprise package this season, exceeding expectations?
Which players are ones to watch?
Which players would you like to see come to the Premier League in the remaining days of the transfer window?
Where do you see your club finishing this season?
Who will be the first manager to get the sack?

Or generally just ramble about football's goings on here.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2008-08-10 04:37:26)

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK
i really want to see the big four get split up this year, with either villa or everton nicking 4th spot, or have arsenal/liverpool/man u/chelsea finish mid table, i would love to see that.

Prediction

Top 4:

Man U
Arsenal
chelsea
Aston villa

bottom 3

Fulham
Stoke
West Brom
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

Nintendogamer wrote:

i really want to see the big four get split up this year, with either villa or everton nicking 4th spot, or have arsenal/liverpool/man u/chelsea finish mid table, i would love to see that.

Prediction

Top 4:

Man U
Arsenal
chelsea
Aston villa

bottom 3

Fulham
Stoke
West Brom
You don't think Hull will go down?  I'd love to see 'little' Hull stay up, but it's going to be mighilty tough.  Of the newly promoted teams I'd say West Brom have the best chance of staying up.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2008-08-10 04:48:31)

Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I hope Chelsea wins it. They have an impressive squad this season. Avram Grant's plan was to eventually change to a 4-4-2 formation, but I hope Scolari keeps it at 4-3-3. Anelka has had a great pre-season (!) and should play an important role this season, and at the same time add some presure to Drogba who seemed to lack a motivation in a few of the games last season. Bosingwa should be a great addition to the defensive line, and I think Deco will adjust quickly to the Premier League.

They have at least 2 great players for every position, which should result in a strong finish.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I would like to see Newcastle in the top.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Community shield is only being shown on Setanta, that's so aids.

I don't reckon United will retain the title again, I've a feeling Chelsea will fluke it this year.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6755|Perth, Western Australia
A lack of signings at Manchester United concerns me, although with that said I'd expect Sir Alex to sign an attacking option before the close of the window. There is actually quite an exciting bunch of reserve/youth players coming through at the moment  - Johnny Evans, Frazier Campbell and Danny Wellbeck in terms of British talent, and Rafael and Fabio (the Brazilian fullback twins) and Rodrigo Possenbon all looking like getting some game time this year, especially when the new 7 player bench is considered.

To be honest I think it will be a toss up between United and Chelsea, who are looking very very strong this year. Liverpool haven't addressed one of their major weak points - wide midfield/wingers. Obviously it could be argued that Degen and Insua will compensate, but they are fullbacks, and I'm sure most Liverpool fans remember how good Riise was on the wing. Arsenal are lacking cohesion as a unit and I think would be the most likely to fall out of the top 4.

I'd like to see Everton break into the top 4, and I think that Hull, Stoke, and Fulham will depart.

Community shield is on in 20 minutes...
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
I'm hoping with all of Man U's injuries, we (Portsmouth) can win 3 of 3 at Wembely. I don't think however that we will be as strong as last season, due to selling Muntari. From what I have heard/seen, Harry Redknapp has done little with the money that has come in from selling him. As long as we finish top 10 again I don't care, but we aren't gonna make it to Europe this season either.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

Top 4:

Newcastle
Stoke
Spurs
Man u

bottom 3

liverpool
arsenal
chelsea
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
I'm quite an optimistic spurs fan, but you never know with our team! I can feel a top 6 finish coming on though. So probs either 4th or 5th place.
Zenit are so annoying, we'd agreed personal terms with arshavin, then they decided to raise the price
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Top 4:

Newcastle
Stoke
Spurs
Man u

bottom 3

liverpool
arsenal
chelsea
Lulz I'm think tho that if Stoke seal the sigining of Niko Zigic that could well push us into the top spot ahead of Newcastle
Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Nintendogamer wrote:

Prediction

Top 4:

Man U
Arsenal
chelsea
Aston villa

bottom 3

Fulham
Stoke
West Brom
You don't think Hull will go down?  I'd love to see 'little' Hull stay up, but it's going to be mighilty tough.  Of the newly promoted teams I'd say West Brom have the best chance of staying up.
i have a feeling that Hull will suprise everyone. and west brom will dissapoint.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
Woo, sours are 3-0 up against Roma at half time. Bentley has 2 goals on his home debut, awesome 2nd goal
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Nigs are the Bolton Wanderers still in the league?

Last edited by Flecco (2008-08-10 08:09:36)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK

Flecco wrote:

Nigs are the Bolton Wanderer's still in the league?
yep.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

K go them. My Grandad supports them and it's where part of my family has lived for a few hundred years. The Bolton area anyway. In this little town called Tyldsley/Bongs you can find a headstone with like 6 generations of my grandfathers with the same name on it. Pretty nuts. I had a photo of it somewhere....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

SharkyMcshark wrote:

There is actually quite an exciting bunch of reserve/youth players coming through at the moment  - Johnny Evans, Frazier Campbell and Danny Wellbeck in terms of British talent
You got that right, Jonny Evans has spent three seasons on loan at Sunderland and is an absolutely fucking awesome defender, especially for a 20 year old.

I'm still very hopeful of bringing him back to Sunderland, because we desperately need a solid centre back.  When he was playing he held the back line so well.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I reckon he'll become one of the best defenders in the country.

Last edited by KILLSWITCH (2008-08-10 08:42:55)

bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

bennisboy wrote:

Woo, sours are 3-0 up against Roma at half time. Bentley has 2 goals on his home debut, awesome 2nd goal
lol 5-0
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

bennisboy wrote:

I'm quite an optimistic spurs fan, but you never know with our team! I can feel a top 6 finish coming on though. So probs either 4th or 5th place.
Zenit are so annoying, we'd agreed personal terms with arshavin, then they decided to raise the price
What do you think of our signing of Steed Malbranque?  I'm personally really excited about seeing him play at the SoL, I've been a long time admirer of him.  It's not as if he's a Spurs reject either, I think he played 37 games last season.

Also what's Tianio like, I've never really seen much of him?
Surgeons

3-1 on pens, United.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

so when does it start?  how about a start date you wankers?
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

16th
Surgeons

Next weekend u dum yank
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

usmarine wrote:

You gunna get to see many matches over the pond?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

KILLSWITCH wrote:

usmarine wrote:

You gunna get to see many matches over the pond?
in person?  doubt it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard