Defensor Ursa
+1|6806

Marconius wrote:

Hey Yuck7777, do a little more research before you come to a self-proclaimed earth-shattering conclusion.  We (the US) put Saddam into Power in order to gain more control over the region. Saddam kinda misinterpreted an order from the CIA and attempted to seize control of Kuwait, thus setting off the Gulf War.  You'd have to re-arm yourself somehow after a War, and Iraq probably decided to do that so it wouldn't stay completely vulnerable under the sanctions.
We've been pushing arms and military equipment all over the freakin' world for the same type of "sweet deals," with the majority of it being inherent manifest destiny (make the regions love America, then push US democracy into their governments to spread our influence).  The US isn't always right in world affairs, and I tend to think that they are wrong more often than not.
1. The US did NOT put Saddam in power. When the final and successful coup occurred Saddam was in Egypt.

2. Saddam was living on a pension(from the Baathist party) in Syria, then explicably went to Egypt! WHY? Because Egypt's Head of Intelligence was a KGB AGENT!

3. The '68 coup was a bloodless coup led by al-Bakr, al-Tikriti, Da'ud, Ghaydan.

4. General al-Bakr was "president" of Iraq from 1968-1979!!

5. In 1972, Saddam went to the USSR, as an "ambassador", and concluded a FRIENDSHIP TREATY with the USSR.

6. In 1979, the year Saddam took power, the KGB ceased all covert intelligence gathering in Iraq(the only country the KGB ever ceased operations!!!).

If anything, Saddam was a KGB agent!
Schutzengel
+0|6689

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

The whole who does this for that situation is world wide.  The US, UK, France, China, Russia just to name a few are the worlds largest arms dealers and foreign affiars countries.  France is just.....when was the last war they fought? Vietnam i think? Hell both the US and France lost that one.  But we have tried to spread democracy to forcefully i feel.  We have damn sure made mistakes as most of them seem to come back and bite us in the ass.  For the french...i think all there wars came back to bite them in the ass.  The US personally i feel should only worry about countries with WMD's and that harbor terrorists.  Sadly the terrorists is a losing war.  I would almost like the see the desert turned into a giant piece of glass(nuke em). But there are too many good muslims as well who don't share those views, just a few bad apples.  I wish the US could go back the the old days of Isolationism. But WW2 fucked that all up.
Actually Tucker the French Foreign Legion was winning in Viet Nam until it was discovered by the french press that many of the Legion Estrange's Officers were former WaffenSS officers then they tried to replace them with french regular army officers and they did not understand that they were not fighting a gentlemanly european war...

The US lost in Veit Nam because of politics... they would not unleash the US Military , and they allowed too much of the ugliness of war filter into american homes with the evening news. Plus, people like John "Let Me Grenade Myself " Kerry, provided for free the propaganda the NVA needed to keep the morale of their army up.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6721|San Francisco

Defensor Ursa wrote:

1. The US did NOT put Saddam in power. When the final and successful coup occurred Saddam was in Egypt.

2. Saddam was living on a pension(from the Baathist party) in Syria, then explicably went to Egypt! WHY? Because Egypt's Head of Intelligence was a KGB AGENT!

3. The '68 coup was a bloodless coup led by al-Bakr, al-Tikriti, Da'ud, Ghaydan.

4. General al-Bakr was "president" of Iraq from 1968-1979!!

5. In 1972, Saddam went to the USSR, as an "ambassador", and concluded a FRIENDSHIP TREATY with the USSR.

6. In 1979, the year Saddam took power, the KGB ceased all covert intelligence gathering in Iraq(the only country the KGB ever ceased operations!!!).

If anything, Saddam was a KGB agent!
Saddam started coercing with CIA operatives in 1959 when he was part of a CIA-authorized assassination squad, tasked with killing Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim.  The U.S. regarded Iraq as an asset against the Soviets during the Cold War.

The CIA started using the Baath party as an "instrument" for their own causes, and controlled/looked after Saddam after the assassination attempt failed.  The Baath party killed Qasim in a '62 coup, and then hunted down 4000+ communists and gunned them down with the help of the CIA.

Saddam in the meantime got into the secret intelligence arm of the Baath party, and held strong connections with the CIA during the Iran/Iraq conflict.  The US most certainly paved the way for Saddam to come into power by privately training him and constantly using him as a tool for their own interests.

Indeed, he was brought up to appreciate Stalin, and held on to Stalin's ways on his rise to power, but that doesn't detract from the CIA using that to their own advantage.

http://www.rise4news.net/Saddam-CIA.html
http://www.muslimedia.com/archives/feat … saddam.htm
http://www.upi.com/inc/view.php?StoryID … 0214-6557r

The right-wing "plan" for Iraq is detailed out in this report signed by Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, and several other members of the Bush administration:
http://raytal.com/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
Defensor Ursa
+1|6806
Yet, strangely enough Saddam doesn't end up in power???!!!! Who was president in 1968? If all that information were true, wouldn't the CIA have made sure their "person" would have been in the country?? Would have been in a position to take control?? Since those websites show the CIA being all knowing and all powerful! It's sad when the KGB can continue to play people like pawns on a chessboard.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6721|San Francisco
Check up on Al Bakr

The CIA put a lot of pressure against Al Qasim, and Iraq was launched into political turmoil as the Baath party gained more and more control.  Finally Al Bakr became the president, and did indeed gain peace talks with the Soviets, received arms from them, and started on his path to create the United Arab Republic.

The CIA-trained Hussein was Al Bakr's cousin.  The CIA urged on the '68 coup, and kept up with the Baath party as Saddam succeeded Al Bakr in 1979 as the president of Iraq.  And again, the CIA helped out on Saddam's side during the Iran/Iraq conflict.  The state of affairs kept the CIA away from iraq during the 60s due to the Bay of Pigs invasion/Cuban Missile crisis.  I'd speculate that the Middle East during the 60s and 70s was a massive battleground between the KGB and CIA, and the leaders in Iraq just got the best of both worlds while left up to their own devices.

"We climb into bed with these people without really knowing anything about their politics. It's not unusual, of course, in American policy. We tire of these people, and we find reasons to shed them." - Roger Morris, former State Department foreign services officer under Johnson and Nixon.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6701|Canberra, AUS
What are we talking about again? I've forgotten/lost track.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6721|San Francisco
I think it was someone whining about how France supports "Terrorist States."  My point ties in with the fact that "so does everyone else, and the U.S. is probably one of the worst ones!"
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6868|Cologne, Germany

atlvolunteer wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

can we please stop taking WWII as a basis for comparing the US and Germany today ? Those were different times and very different countries. All of us were born way after WWII. Horseman can not take credit for what US soldiers two generations ago did and Reaper didn't fight for Hitler and shouldn't be blamed for gassing jews or invading poland.

that discussion is pointless.
I agree with you Schuss (doesn't that mean shoot?), just like people should quit bringing up slavery and what happened to the indians when they talk about America.  Its all ancient history.
well, the name is actually a combination of two ideas. It is a Clantag with a name, and also the german word for "taking / being under fire" or "barrage".

"wir liegen unter Beschuss" = "we are under ( artillery, machine gun, small arms, etc.. ) fire"

B. is the clantag, http://www.thebteam.de/. ( it is a funteam, site is still under construction ).

we all have names that start with a B and still mean something else. For example B.Schuss should really be spelled "Beschuss", but we simply dropped the "e" because you cannot hear it anyway when pronouncing the word.

other members are B.Haart ( behaart, a german adjective for having a lot of body hair ), B.Kloppt ( bekloppt = crazy, lunatic ).

I like to play around with language a little, you see....

I liked B.Schuss / Beschuss because it fits nicely into the FPS/Wargame theme. I chose that name back when I started out with CS.

some have argued that there is a third possible interpretation of B.Schuss, it could be a short form for "Blattschuss", which is a term from german hunting, stands for a perfect ( head ) shot. But I am not a hunter myself, and I certainly did not think about that when I came up with the name.

but you are right, "schuss" means "shot" in english.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6798|Atlanta, GA USA
Haha that's pretty cool.  You let any Amis in your clan?  I could be B.Fuddled!
Schutzengel
+0|6689
dann waer ich halt B.Schutzt
Schutzengel
+0|6689
beschutzt = protected
Defensor Ursa
+1|6806

Marconius wrote:

Check up on Al Bakr
From Wiki:
With Egyptian help, he helped orchestrate an internal coup within the government of President Abdul Rahman Arif. He exiled Arif, and installed al-Bakr as Iraq's fourth president. And the head of the Egyptian intelligence agency was a KGB agent!!

The CIA put a lot of pressure against Al Qasim, and Iraq was launched into political turmoil as the Baath party gained more and more control.  Finally Al Bakr became the president, and did indeed gain peace talks with the Soviets, received arms from them, and started on his path to create the United Arab Republic.

The CIA-trained Hussein was Al Bakr's cousin.  The CIA urged on the '68 coup, and kept up with the Baath party as Saddam succeeded Al Bakr in 1979 as the president of Iraq.  And again, the CIA helped out on Saddam's side during the Iran/Iraq conflict.  The state of affairs kept the CIA away from iraq during the 60s due to the Bay of Pigs invasion/Cuban Missile crisis.  I'd speculate that the Middle East during the 60s and 70s was a massive battleground between the KGB and CIA, and the leaders in Iraq just got the best of both worlds while left up to their own devices.

"We climb into bed with these people without really knowing anything about their politics. It's not unusual, of course, in American policy. We tire of these people, and we find reasons to shed them." - Roger Morris, former State Department foreign services officer under Johnson and Nixon.
Last month a journalist friend in Poland sent me a translation of an interview with FSB [KGB] defector Alexander Litvinenko. The following testimony, offered by Litvinenko, was published by FAKT. Alexander Valterovich Litvinenko (b. Voreonezh, 1962) served in the counterintelligence agencies of the Soviet KGB, and after 1991, as a counter-terrorism expert in the Central Staff of the MB-FSK-FSB (KGB successor organizations). In 1997 Litvinenko served in one of the most secretive departments of the Russian KGB -- the Department for the Analysis of Criminal Organizations. He was a senior operations officer and deputy head of the Seventh Section. Litvinenko defected from Russia and was granted political asylum by the United Kingdom in May 2001.

FAKT: Could you name ... some of the terrorists prepared at the "special courses" of the KGB-FSB?

A. Litvinenko: The bloodiest terrorists in the world were or are agents of the KGB-FSB. These are well-known, like Carlos Ilyich Ramiros, nicknamed "the Jackal," the late Yassir Arafat, Saddam Hussein, Adjalan (he is condemned in Turkey), Wadi Haddad, the head of the service of external operations of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, Hauyi, the head of the communist party of Lebanon, Mr. Papaionnu from the Cyprus, Sean Garland from Ireland and many others. All of them were trained by the KGB, received money from there, weapons and explosives, counterfeit documents and a communication equipment for carrying out of acts of terrorism worldwide.

http://jrnyquist.com/nyquist_2005_0813.htm

Last edited by Defensor Ursa (2006-02-10 09:23:17)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6721|San Francisco
Well, Defensor, as I said around the end of my last post, the Leaders in Iraq enjoyed the best of both worlds from the training and supplies brought in by the CIA and the KGB.  The Middle East in the 60s-80s was a subversive battleground between the KGB and CIA, shown by these manipulations.

This Nyquist guy seems to be a McCarthyite, with his whole site devoted to Russian communist actions that were possibly subversive.  Plus, I don't know what FAKT is, as I can't translate the site.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6701|Canberra, AUS

Schutzengel wrote:

dann waer ich halt B.Schutzt
Huh?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard