Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Turquoise wrote:

Sarkozy is a funny guy.  In certain ways, I like him, but he's too corporate for my tastes.

Anyway, it looks like Russia has gone off the deep end.  Hopefully, their aggression against Georgia will now result in sanctions.
They were definitely heavy-handed but heavy-handedness often doesn't seem to warrant much punishment in International circles.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Neither Georgia nor Russia is acting according to international agreements or using the proper channels to try and reach an agreement ...

Georgia started the conflict with South Ossetia and isn't close to being innocent in this matter, they forget they themselves fought for independence and having their own nation not too many years ago ...

Russia however i can understand why they take these actions, they stand up for South Ossetia and their fight for their own country - what they seem to forget is that they will fall under heavy scrutiny when they now justify Tjetsjenias fight for the same rights and the bunch of other ethnic groups that now will seize the opportunity for their own independence ...

I don't believe the western countries should interfere in any way but diplomatic in this conflict/conflicts ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Braddock wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Sarkozy is a funny guy.  In certain ways, I like him, but he's too corporate for my tastes.

Anyway, it looks like Russia has gone off the deep end.  Hopefully, their aggression against Georgia will now result in sanctions.
They were definitely heavy-handed but heavy-handedness often doesn't seem to warrant much punishment in International circles.
Just look at Israel with the Lebanon conflict. Two soldiers get kidnapped and they trash half a country. The western world didn't bat a fucking eyelid.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-08-12 05:19:33)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

CameronPoe wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Just look at Israel with the Lebanon conflict. Two soldiers get kidnapped and they trash half a country. The western world didn't bat a fucking eyelid.
Lot of other things that get overlooked as well, like all the good stuff that happens.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6344|tropical regions of london
I declare war on russia
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden
seen this dude in a lot of news pictures?
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/multimedia/images/large/338302.jpg

God Save the Queen
Banned

hiberNative wrote:

no, as  a matter of fact I havent.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

God Save the Queen wrote:

hiberNative wrote:

no, as  a matter of fact I havent.
I have, he's a Georgian actor creating propaganda for Georgia. The whole war isn't actually happening, it's just a load of photoshop and fake videos...
God Save the Queen
Banned
at least russian media tells the truth
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

jord wrote:

The whole war isn't actually happening, it's just a load of photoshop and fake videos...
i'm sure shit is going down, it's just funny that the georgian president lied in western television saying that he didn't attack south ossetia. this is just another example of the true colors of georgia.

but i bet russia wouldn't mind the pipeline either ;D

Last edited by hiberNative (2008-08-12 08:47:50)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

hiberNative wrote:

jord wrote:

The whole war isn't actually happening, it's just a load of photoshop and fake videos...
i'm sure shit is going down, it's just funny that the georgian president lied in western television saying that he didn't attack south ossetia. this is just another example of the true colors of georgia.

but i bet russia wouldn't mind the pipeline either ;D
I watched the entire BBC world interview with him and not once did I hear him deny his troops moved into South Ossetia, PART OF HIS OWN COUNTRY.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

Vilham wrote:

I watched the entire BBC world interview with him and not once did I hear him deny his troops moved into South Ossetia, PART OF HIS OWN COUNTRY.
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85f7du3cnxs listen to

4:20 "we are attacked cause we wanted to be free". er, no. you slaughtered över 1500 civilians in ossetia.
6:15 "your government launched an a attack on south ossetia" "no we didn't. we didn't we didn't". there we go. denying in live feed. he said that ossetia has been shooting at georgia and that he offered them to join gerogia.

2. ossetia is an independant state, the people voted for independance in the beginning of the 90s. they even have their own language. it's not a fucking part of georgia, it just happens to be small and reach inside georgia from russia.

facts. straighten them.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Russia forcing Georgia to give up direct control does not make it an independent state.

"Although a Russian-mediated and OSCE-monitored ceasefire was implemented in South Ossetia in 1992, the Georgian-Ossetian conflict still remains unresolved even though a recent peace plan proposed by the government of Georgia promised the South Ossetians larger autonomy"

Please explain how Georgia gives an independent state more autonomy? O wait that would be because it's not an independent state. Being an autonomous region of a country is not the same as being an independent state.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6134

hiberNative wrote:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/multime … 338302.jpg

Reuters has been caught doing this before.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

m3thod wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

a territorial dispute between Iraq and Kuwait
ROFL!  Saddam invaded Kuwait out of greed.  I call a massive BS flag on your argument!

I would agree that there is no "good guy," but Georgia is currently being invaded by Russia.  If Russia's intent was really peacekeeping, they would have stopped at the South Ossetian boarder.  Russia is now conducting an invasion of a sovereign nation.
Kuwait used to part of Iraq.
"Used to" being the key phrase. As in past tense. As in Kuwait was a sovereign, internationally-recognized country that was invaded by its neighbor. Unlike S. Ossetia, Abkhazia, or any other cultural enclave in Georgia.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
God Save the Queen
Banned
actually I dont think kuwait was ever part of Iraq.  It was all under ottoman rule before it went under british mandate and the brits were the ones to draw the line. 

if you consider kuwait a former part of iraqi territory then youll have consider hungary was iraqi as well.  the fact being that iraq never had its own territory to begin with, as it was a part of the ottoman empire.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Facts have no place in D&ST.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

Vilham wrote:

Please explain how Georgia gives an independent state more autonomy? O wait that would be because it's not an independent state. Being an autonomous region of a country is not the same as being an independent state.
they have voted for independence and georgia is claiming to be all loving all caring country.
let them have their own little area? no? barge in and kill everyone instead? ok...
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6487|Latvia

hiberNative wrote:

Vilham wrote:

they have voted for independence and georgia is claiming to be all loving all caring country.
let them have their own little area? no? barge in and kill everyone instead? ok...
Another pravda subscriber.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

hiberNative wrote:

Vilham wrote:

If they voted it in a Georgian supported election they should be allowed independence, if they voted in a Russian controlled election then definately not, Russia should butt the fuck out of it.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden

Vilham wrote:

If they voted it in a Georgian supported election they should be allowed independence, if they voted in a Russian controlled election then definately not, Russia should butt the fuck out of it.
i don't really care.
no reason to go there and kill them all.
Commie Killer
+192|6388

hiberNative wrote:

Vilham wrote:

i don't really care.
no reason to go there and kill them all.
Oh gimme a break, these reports of the Georgians killing civilians are one, not confirmed, and two, mostly said by the Russians. Not to mention that its the Russians that are indiscriminately killing Georgian citizens. Nice double standards there.
hiberNative
7.62x54R
+21|5795|sweden
didn't say i side with with russia, but i understand their respons seeing what kind of country they are.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...

usmarine wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah I guarantee you about half of the USA went batshit insane when they heard that Russia invaded Georgia, either locking themselves into their 1960's nuclear bunker or putting on their airsoft uniform and dusting off their single barrelled shotguns
i bet europe rolled out the welcome mat for their future conquerors and oil overlords.
the french did
inane little opines
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

dayarath wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Yeah I guarantee you about half of the USA went batshit insane when they heard that Russia invaded Georgia, either locking themselves into their 1960's nuclear bunker or putting on their airsoft uniform and dusting off their single barrelled shotguns
i bet europe rolled out the welcome mat for their future conquerors and oil overlords.
the french did
How many men does it take to defend Paris?

I don't know, it's never been done!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard