.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

usmarine wrote:

i barely listen to it.  maybe in the car sometimes, but never at home.
What about in a plane? Is it allowed to listen there? As a pilot I mean.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5860
i haven 't listened to music in 3/4 years, but from time to time i do listen to the radio but thats it
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6196|Winland

My phone's headphones are broken, have been for months. I listen to music when I do stuff, loudly, at home.

I'd make it long, I do love blasting it, though. Should get a better subwoofer, my current (old 12" 200w RMS, dunno what the box makes it, Pioneer, held togheter by duct tape) won't even let my amp move past level 3 out of ten without hitting the bottom.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

Freezer7Pro wrote:

My phone's headphones are broken, have been for months. I listen to music when I do stuff, loudly, at home.

I'd make it long, I do love blasting it, though. Should get a better subwoofer, my current (old 12" 200w RMS, dunno what the box makes it, Pioneer, held togheter by duct tape) won't even let my amp move past level 3 out of ten without hitting the bottom.
Make your own like I did. Couldn't be happier. I like softer bass thats why I put lots of foam in.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

usmarine wrote:

Because your a hermit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Ryan wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Because your a hermit.
i would say one who sits in their home and listens to music is a hermit tbh.  more accurate definition there son.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-08-07 13:31:58)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Ryan wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Because your a hermit.
You're*
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
I don't often listen to music, but it does get into my head oftentimes. For example, now I am currently re-singing "Shook Me All Night Long" in my head.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6353|West NY
Everything from Blue Oyster Cult to Underoath.
Can't go a day without it.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Poseidon wrote:

Considering I just bought a $300 iPhone mainly for the music space...dunno.

You should talk to Zimmer. I had a huge discussion with him yesterday about song bitrates. He's a gigantic music nerd, or "audiophile" as he puts it.
Zimmer speaks the thruth, tbh-
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
I take my iPod everywhere, and definitely need music as a companion on long drives or long journeys. When I'm sat at my computer I tend to always have music playing as a sort of background accompaniment. If I can I even keep a decent bassy album rolling in the background whilst I'm playing games... although in reason; slow-paced shooters and tactical games I need the full game-sound in order to concentrate and play well.

I wouldn't die without music, but there would definitely be a very, very large gap left behind. I think it's because a lot of the musical genres that I like are just so naturally ambient and unobstrusive. They often compliment anything and everything as background noise- silence just isn't the same . I also play instruments and create electronic music, so it is also a fun hobby and diversion/escape for me that I'm sure I'd miss and be bored without.

Edit: Other people have mentioned the term 'audiophile'. I am one of them. I've invested a lot of money in sound-hardware, mp3 player earphones/amplifiers, room acoustics etc. to just get it nice and cosy . Whether I'm having my balls blown off by the bass of a surround-sound DVD, or whether I'm being drowned in the sonic noise of my favourite album... it's all great! I regularly make sure that my 175Gb music collection is organised properly, tagged properly and with album artwork if it's findable. Oh and of course V0 / 320kbps / FLAC only!

Last edited by Uzique (2008-08-07 14:24:51)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Brasso
+1,549|6629

In Ecuador, away from my music for a month, I almost killed someone.

<3 music
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland
Silence sucks...

I have music on whenever I can, in the car, on the PC, while gaming, since I was young I've found it hard to sleep without music playing...

It's a big part of my life too, I'm a music student
I appreciate any style, classical, rock, blues, jazz, funk...anything except cheesy dance/pop and screaming rock or emo shite.

I guess I'm saying I could barely last a day!
Jrdeacs
+22|5898

AFI!!!!!!
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6767|Tenn
omfg i love how they try to act all cool. the guitarist is like "look how cool i am" while the gay ass singer is like wanting to cut himself all over. afi fails.... when he screams he sounds like the Refused singer tho... anyways ....

i literally have music everywhere i go, and hafta have it or else ppl may get hurt. at work if i have to hear my coworkers i go nuts. if i dont jam in the car i will rage on someone. gotta crank it if the bitch wont shut up also.
c14u53w172
+31|5997|tomania
"Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"without music, life would be an error/mistake/misapprehension"

(i don't know the best fitting translation)

edit: i guess there hasn't been a single day since 16 years or so where i haven't been listening to music

Last edited by c14u53w172 (2008-08-07 16:45:45)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6740

I couldn't last a day without listening to something. It fills the emptiness in my ears.

Last edited by Jestar (2008-08-07 16:47:12)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5973|England

Jrdeacs wrote:

AFI!!!!!!
freak
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6529|Boston, MA
I listen to music a lot and play a lot, but I can go for a while without listening to it if I really wanted to. Yes, I love it, but it's not a necessity to me.
Qrite
sup g
+79|6173|Ohio
i try to listen to music whenever i can. i never drive without a song playing and i almost always have an ipod with me or in the car.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Jackabo wrote:

I love music. I love writing music. I love listening to music. I love playing music. Music to me is very powerful. I find it can change my emotion from time to time by cheering me up or getting me down. I listen to music everywhere. The first program I load up on my PC is iTunes and I bring my iPod everywhere.

What about you guys. How important is music to you and how often do you listen.
Music is the biggest therapy I have.  I don't need to see the doc for it, neither do I have to wait for a prescription for it.  Its always with me, these phones are great nowadays. I use music to psych me up before sport, help me get over the loss of loved ones.  I love doing disco's down the club being able to express myself, like an artist would I suppose.  I cant sing, cant play shit and don't understand the symbols but my way of playing music is with cd decks.

I would prefer to loose my sight rather than hearing.  Im not very good at dancing to it, but I am 32 now and white.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
I listen to it sometimes when I go to bed or when I've been drinking and get in that mood. I could probably go years, I don't really have that much of a passion for it as you lot.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
I'd never be without it. If I were somehow trapped in the wild with no means to hear music I would just make my own. I love it so. Bang on some trees and rocks or even my own flesh.

Edit: I've been listening to Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" today. Such a diverse album, love it.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2008-08-08 18:16:22)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon
About 3 hours for me, then I start to get really anxious. I'm serious. That's one reason I quit my last job.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6335|Oregon

Superior Mind wrote:

Edit: I've been listening to Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" today. Such a diverse album, love it.
Great album! Kind Of Blue has gotten a lot of recent airtime on my playlist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard