Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5978|London, England

I need one, I can't stay away much longer. I tried EVE but it didn't appeal to me, I don't know it moved slow and i don't see myself getting into it. I have played guildwars and have an account but its dull because of the lack of MMO outside of towns. WoW has flown through my mind for a while but I'm not sure its worth it this late into the game, I might pick it up.

Convince me nay or yay, tell me a game I should get

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-08-05 16:05:51)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
MECtallica
+73|6517|jalalabad
pick WoW up when WoTLK comes out or start now and hit 70, then quit, because once WoTLK comes out everyone will have a fresh start, gear from BC will become obsolete and people will be wearing dungeon blues from northrend

anyways, guildwars is very anti-mmo ish, it's almost a singleplayer game with the option to go online

Im playing anarchy online, but thats probably just as complex as EVE , and the graphics turn a lot of people off so
Roc18
`
+655|5804|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

MECtallica wrote:

pick WoW up when WoTLK comes out or start now and hit 70, then quit, because once WoTLK comes out everyone will have a fresh start, gear from BC will become obsolete and people will be wearing dungeon blues from northrend
tbh
Mutantbear

MECtallica wrote:

anyways, guildwars is very anti-mmo ish, it's almost a singleplayer game with the option to go online

Im playing anarchy online, but thats probably just as complex as EVE , and the graphics turn a lot of people off so
i'm not saying that i dont like eve because of its complexity even though it is a huge learning curve, im just saying the flying through space in ships seems very impersonal to me
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6367|West NY
Don't get WoW. Even if it wasn't subscription it still wouldn't be worth it. Respond to my topic pl0x
MECtallica
+73|6517|jalalabad
Well once you get things going in EVE its truly fucking awesome

but it's also annoying waiting 6 monthes to fly that T2 battleship

trust me, that's why I left, I didn't even play for a while, I waited and waited for T2 HACs to train

and said screw it

EVE devs and communities say newbies have as much chance killing a vet as a vet has killing a noob, my ass, mr 50m SP is gonna pwn that newbie no matter what ship he's in, trust me, a bunch of T2 fit cruisers (vexor, rupture, caracal) can easily DECIMATE a battleship
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6494|Purdue
If you haven't checked out the free trial for WoW, do it now.
Brasso
+1,549|6644

play an mmorpg and i wont be your friend

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-08-05 16:58:07)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mutantbear

Goven wrote:

If you haven't checked out the free trial for WoW, do it now.
I've played WoW o so many times. Leveled many different characters on many different accounts but never owned a good enough computer at the time to buy it for myself. When I got my new computer my WoW fixation died out and it wasn't until recently that i have been wanting a MMO

haffeysucks wrote:

play and mmorpg and i wont be your friend
I love you too

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-08-05 16:56:02)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6494|Purdue
Well, play the trial and if you feel like getting into it again you can just upgrade that into full version. If you need, I could dig up one of my trial invites.

Also if you don't really feel like playing WoW again you could check out some of the free MMOs in the internets. ROSE isn't too shabby.

Last edited by Goven (2008-08-05 17:00:07)

Mutantbear

Goven wrote:

Well, play the trial and if you feel like getting into it again you can just upgrade that into full version. If you need, I could dig up one of my trial invites.

Also if you don't really feel like playing WoW again you could check out some of the free MMOs in the internets. ROSE isn't too shabby.
I have the full game on my computer. And I don't know if I want to get into it again, i might but it seems like that ship has sailed. anyway, ROSE eh? I think i heard of that and it looked pretty anime to me
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6494|Purdue
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

Why not try Conan as you are in the US, and so real time combat isn't an issue. Or WAR when it comes out. Should be a laff. Srsly being able to plan a raid by saying 'LETZ GET EM BOYZ' and then charging in must appeal to somebody else here.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Roc18
`
+655|5804|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Flecco wrote:

Why not try Conan as you are in the US, and so real time combat isn't an issue. Or WAR when it comes out. Should be a laff. Srsly being able to plan a raid by saying 'LETZ GET EM BOYZ' and then charging in must appeal to somebody else here.
lol
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6779|Cambridge (UK)
I've never played one - for one reason - because I'd become one of those 'Starved himself to death playing WoW' stories...
Mutantbear

Flecco wrote:

I heard conan fails hard and i don't know enough about WAR to consider it
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6484
Get WoW if you haven't 'fully' played an MMO. The truth of the matter is that WoW is the best MMO in the market and neither Conan or WAR will change that, ever. All the new introductions and additions they're bringing in with Wrath of the Lich King cements Warcraft's place at the top of the MMO food chain for a long time to come.

There's no point in not getting a game because you've 'missed the boat'. You're never going to be on the boat with an MMO anyway- especially in a game as massive and overplayed as Warcraft. The people at the front of each and every race are literally the definition of no-life basement MMO players, some of which are even paid and sponsored to do such things. So play for your own satisfaction and enjoyment and forget where you're fitting in in the 'bigger picture'. So many people level alts and new characters on the Warcraft servers anyway... it's never as if you're leveling in a ghost-town with no one around . You'll still feel immersed in the MMO and will never struggle to find a group to help out on any quest or instance.

And yes, peoples' advice about Wrath of the Lich King is generally worth taking. I myself am considering leveling one more character to 70 before WoTLK, - but I definitely won't play the character at level 70 before the expansion pack. The gear-farming grind just isn't worth doing considering everyone is pretty much on the same starting line at the time of an expansion pack launch.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mutantbear

Uzique wrote:

Get WoW if you haven't 'fully' played an MMO. The truth of the matter is that WoW is the best MMO in the market and neither Conan or WAR will change that, ever. All the new introductions and additions they're bringing in with Wrath of the Lich King cements Warcraft's place at the top of the MMO food chain for a long time to come.

There's no point in not getting a game because you've 'missed the boat'. You're never going to be on the boat with an MMO anyway- especially in a game as massive and overplayed as Warcraft. The people at the front of each and every race are literally the definition of no-life basement MMO players, some of which are even paid and sponsored to do such things. So play for your own satisfaction and enjoyment and forget where you're fitting in in the 'bigger picture'. So many people level alts and new characters on the Warcraft servers anyway... it's never as if you're leveling in a ghost-town with no one around . You'll still feel immersed in the MMO and will never struggle to find a group to help out on any quest or instance.

And yes, peoples' advice about Wrath of the Lich King is generally worth taking. I myself am considering leveling one more character to 70 before WoTLK, - but I definitely won't play the character at level 70 before the expansion pack. The gear-farming grind just isn't worth doing considering everyone is pretty much on the same starting line at the time of an expansion pack launch.
/convinced

I will pick up a time card next time im at gamestop or a place that sells them, i will see how it affects my life with the girlfriend/family and ill see if its worth it to stay with it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

Mutantsteak wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Conan aparently is quite good as an RPG. Uzique, WAR isn't intended to take on WoW, the game is PvP focused and has a sense of humour. WoW isn't either of those for the most part...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6494|Purdue

Flecco wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Conan aparently is quite good as an RPG. Uzique, WAR isn't intended to take on WoW, the game is PvP focused and has a sense of humour. WoW isn't either of those for the most part...
WoW pvp 4 life.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6484

Flecco wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Conan is fail as an RPG, I have a level 80 and actually championed the game until the hype and new game bewonderment wore off. Also as a WAR Beta tester I can tell you that the 'PvP' at the moment is rudimentary at best and is nowhere near as refined or fluid as World of Warcraft. And I don't mean that as a criticism towards the games immaturity and lack of experience- I mean fundamentally it seems destined to fail. Melee classes have a 4-second global cooldown between each attack swing... this is to make "pvp encounters longer and thus more enjoyable". Personally I'd rather feel as though the fights were fluid and reactive, and simply increase player's health and hitpoints instead. Only time will tell...

Oh and Mutant don't fear the fabled 'addiction'. You only play as much as you allow yourself to and you only 'succumb' to the game as much as you voluntarily want to. If you have an active social life and work to keep up with WoW won't affect that at all-- people who say such things are just idiots, or hence otherwise people that really need to develop some self-control and self-discipline. Casually leveling and developing a character has never been easier; I've played WoW on and off since the games initial release- and nowadays the 1-70 process is faster than ever,- and is still being made even easier (e.g. 60% speed mounts are now attainable at level 30, rather than level 40).
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mutantbear

Uzique wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Conan is fail as an RPG, I have a level 80 and actually championed the game until the hype and new game bewonderment wore off. Also as a WAR Beta tester I can tell you that the 'PvP' at the moment is rudimentary at best and is nowhere near as refined or fluid as World of Warcraft. And I don't mean that as a criticism towards the games immaturity and lack of experience- I mean fundamentally it seems destined to fail. Melee classes have a 4-second global cooldown between each attack swing... this is to make "pvp encounters longer and thus more enjoyable". Personally I'd rather feel as though the fights were fluid and reactive, and simply increase player's health and hitpoints instead. Only time will tell...

Oh and Mutant don't fear the fabled 'addiction'. You only play as much as you allow yourself to and you only 'succumb' to the game as much as you voluntarily want to. If you have an active social life and work to keep up with WoW won't affect that at all-- people who say such things are just idiots, or hence otherwise people that really need to develop some self-control and self-discipline. Casually leveling and developing a character has never been easier; I've played WoW on and off since the games initial release- and nowadays the 1-70 process is faster than ever,- and is still being made even easier (e.g. 60% speed mounts are now attainable at level 30, rather than level 40).
I never knew that about the mounts... thats interesting, I like that.

https://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/joker-2.jpg

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-08-05 20:38:23)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6494|Purdue
Yea mounts at 30 are nice. At first I was pissed because I had to work to 40 for my mounts, but now that I've started leveling a few alts it's really nice . Also in 2.3 "Now leveling from character levels 20-60 is faster, with less experience needed per level in that range as well as higher quest experience rewards for quests levels 30-60."
Mutantbear

Goven wrote:

Yea mounts at 30 are nice. At first I was pissed because I had to work to 40 for my mounts, but now that I've started leveling a few alts it's really nice . Also in 2.3 "Now leveling from character levels 20-60 is faster, with less experience needed per level in that range as well as higher quest experience rewards for quests levels 30-60."
I heard that yeah, I didn't have a problem with the experience before but its all about the end game and the sooner there the better I guess
VicktorVauhn
+319|6405|Southern California
Ultima Online!

I have no idea how much this game is still going but it was fun back when I was a kid...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard