LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6411|MN
I actually cried when I read the part about the family deciding to take Dani in.  Having adopted a realitively healthy child, and all the anguish that goes along with that, I can only imagine the soul searching they went through.  God bless them.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Vax
+42|5883|Flyover country

LividBovine wrote:

I actually cried when I read the part about the family deciding to take Dani in.  Having adopted a realitively healthy child, and all the anguish that goes along with that, I can only imagine the soul searching they went through.  God bless them.
Yeah,  the eyes got a bit misty when I was watching the slides with them talking about her.

Helluva story, lose faith in humanity one minute, then have it restored by this couple.
As for the mother, maybe it's enough punishment she gets to live with the fact she destroyed this child. Maybe.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6411|MN

Vax wrote:

As for the mother, maybe it's enough punishment she gets to live with the fact she destroyed this child. Maybe.
She probably still feels wronged in some way.  Best to just let her drift off into anonymity.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6797|Cambridge (UK)
:'( I've only managed to read part of it so far. I will read the rest in a bit...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6678

Turquoise wrote:

77 can't be much better than that...
I took that IQ test on facebook trying to purposely make myself look retarded for kicks and I still somehow ended up with an 88.
Commie Killer
+192|6418

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I took that IQ test on facebook trying to purposely make myself look retarded for kicks and I still somehow ended up with an 88.
Im pretty sure you are also tested on how fast you proceed through the test, so you got points for that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6632|132 and Bush

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You know, those internet Iq test are purposely rigged to pump your ego, make you feel good, and usually ask for money. You'd have to have a high IQ to realize that.

/school
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6215|Ireland
Damn, this would have made a good Jerry Springer episode when the girl got older.

I am not a compassionate conservative.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6685|USA
stop giving the mother cigs. see how she likes cold turkey
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6367|Oregon
Wow...
I've taken a couple years of psych, so I'm familiar with Feral Children, and this is just as shocking and terrifying as the rest of those incidents. It's something that, no matter how many times you hear stories, each incident is just as awful as any other one. It's also scary just how often this happens...

But what an amazing journalistic work. That is one of the most excellently written pieces of writing I've ever read out of a journalistic publication.

And the slides....

I'm chilled. I'm absolutely astonished.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6525|N. Ireland
"Due to the severe neglect," a doctor would write, "the child will be disabled for the rest of her life."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard