CC-Marley
+407|6834
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region … o_ram_cop/

This happened a few towns over from me. This guy decided to run instead of stopping. Cape Cod has a growing illegal immigrant problem. Of course the illegal community around makes this guy out to be a saint. Though he has a history of arrests ranging from driving without a licence to threatening to kill his girlfriend. The Brazilians around here accuse the officer of executing him because he was an illegal. Wish I had the audio of the outcry from the Brazilian community. Sad story, but he should of not tried to ram the cop.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker
By trying to ram the patrolman, he threatened the officer's life.  Not a good idea.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

This isn't as bad as the time the UK police shot a Brazilian by mistake, as they thought he was a terrorist...
This guy was obviously not too smart.

My condolences to his girlfriend.

-kon
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command
Despite appearances, I extend my sympathies to his family.

Pointing a moving car at a cop is a quick way to die.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

Umm... darn that sucks? Not really. If you're an illegal immigrant, you best better follow the laws more strictly than anyone else if you want to stay here. And if you're going to run from the police while smoking pot, and then attempt to injure or kill the officer by driving at him head-on, you should expect to get shot.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6336|teh alien spaceshit
idiot.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

konfusion wrote:

This isn't as bad as the time the UK police shot a Brazilian by mistake, as they thought he was a terrorist...
This guy was obviously not too smart.

My condolences to his girlfriend.

-kon
Yeah, sounds like this guy actually had it coming.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6483|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Off the self-defending, saving from burning home-ing, pigs.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6582|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Humm, Illegal + Speeding + Attempt at killing an officer = Good ridance.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

CC-Marley wrote:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view/2008_07_29_DA:_Cape_driver_shot_dead_tried_to_ram_cop/

This happened a few towns over from me. This guy decided to run instead of stopping. Cape Cod has a growing illegal immigrant problem. Of course the illegal community around makes this guy out to be a saint. Though he has a history of arrests ranging from driving without a licence to threatening to kill his girlfriend. The Brazilians around here accuse the officer of executing him because he was an illegal. Wish I had the audio of the outcry from the Brazilian community. Sad story, but he should of not tried to ram the cop.
Simple problem, simple solution.  Encourage the illegals to hold a protest, and then bring the cops in to round the illegals up and deport them once they've all conveniently gathered in one place.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6329|New Haven, CT

Turquoise wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view/2008_07_29_DA:_Cape_driver_shot_dead_tried_to_ram_cop/

Simple problem, simple solution.  Encourage the illegals to hold a protest, and then bring the cops in to round the illegals up and deport them once they've all conveniently gathered in one place.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

The fact that he's illegal and/or Brazilian should not cloud the facts of the story.

Why even mention it?

Here's one: Non-American white male war criminal allegedly protected by CIA.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jCo … iGMA6zyVvA

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-08-02 13:49:19)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The fact that he's illegal and/or Brazilian should not cloud the facts of the story.

Why even mention it?
Oh, I'm still in favor of investigating what exactly happened, but I'm also in favor of capitalizing on the angst in his community.  Kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5936|Somewhere out in Space

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why even mention it?
Does it change the fact he is an idiot for attempting to ram a cop and getting shot as a result?
CC-Marley
+407|6834

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why even mention it?

Just stating the facts. He was Brazilian and he was illegal.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6652

CC-Marley wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why even mention it?

Just stating the facts. He was Brazilian and he was illegal.
Illegals are people too. People who need to past a test or geeeeeeeet out.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6555|CH/BR - in UK

I agree that this isn't really worth mentioning, as it was entirely his fault.

He:
  • Was speeding
  • Under the influence
  • Illegal
  • Tried to get away from a cop
  • Tried to ram a cop

He's an idiot, and, while he may not have deserved to die, had it coming. The cop had to defend himself somehow.

-kon

Last edited by konfusion (2008-08-02 14:59:44)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why even mention it?

even if he was a legal citizen...the cops would have done the same thing...
I have never tried to ram a cop car while they were pursuing me...
and i have never been shot at... coincidence?
Love is the answer
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why even mention it?

even if he was a legal citizen...the cops would have done the same thing...
I have never tried to ram a cop car while they were pursuing me...
and i have never been shot at... coincidence?
I hear ya.

Do you think if you did ram a cop car the headline would be "white male rams cop car"?  I just wonder why the fact that he's illegal and Brazilian is highlighted.  How are we supposed to acheive unity when the first thing we think about when talking about someone is their race, gender, legal status, religion, political affiliation, etc.?  It's fucking pointless.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721
maybe because he is illegally in the US... and this event wouldn't have occured if he obeyed the law by...
Love is the answer
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6329|New Haven, CT
Illegal aliens complaining about police brutality just don't seem to get my sympathy.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6524|Πάϊ

nukchebi0 wrote:

Illegal aliens complaining about police brutality just don't seem to get my sympathy.
Police brutality is police brutality no matter who the victim is or what he/she may have done.

And besides this guy who was probably an idiot, there are quite a few examples out there of people getting shot for no reason. I remember the story of a deaf guy who got killed in JFK simply because he didn't hear some cop calling him to stop walking from far behind. The cop didn't even bother to come close and stop him. So he got a bullet in the chest just like that.
ƒ³
CC-Marley
+407|6834

oug wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Police brutality is police brutality no matter who the victim is or what he/she may have done.

And besides this guy who was probably an idiot, there are quite a few examples out there of people getting shot for no reason. I remember the story of a deaf guy who got killed in JFK simply because he didn't hear some cop calling him to stop walking from far behind. The cop didn't even bother to come close and stop him. So he got a bullet in the chest just like that.
Link?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6524|Πάϊ
No link, sorry. That's probably like a 10 year old story, don't know where I heard it either.
ƒ³
IRONCHEF
+385|6496|Northern California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I hear ya.

Do you think if you did ram a cop car the headline would be "white male rams cop car"?  I just wonder why the fact that he's illegal and Brazilian is highlighted.  How are we supposed to acheive unity when the first thing we think about when talking about someone is their race, gender, legal status, religion, political affiliation, etc.?  It's fucking pointless.
+1 Precisely.  I'm soooo sick of the labelling of people when it serves no purpose.  The only reason I can see why they'd throw "Brazilian" in there is because it's less common??  Usually its them dirty mexicans and central americans screwing things up while being illegals.

More importantly, "using" such labels only perpetuates racism, segregation, class distinction/separation.  As a challenge to those on  this board, try this experiment...  Next time you are on the phone with someone asking if they heard about the latest crime or robbery or whatever..see if you can describe the event AND the suspect/perpetrator without mentioning their race.  I do it when I can remember and it's kind of fun seeing how people react.. It's as if they are so conditioned to be able to attach the normal garden variety crimes with a particular race..see if they ask you if the perp was black?  Or just pay attention and see how they react as they get deprogrammed a little.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard