Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Tripulaci0n wrote:

I can kind of see the bike turning towards the cop ... but I have no idea what is going on.
I would have said the opposite, the bike tries to avoid the cop. The cop fucking football tackles him.
I was thinking the cop showed outstanding open-field technique.
He even managed to keep his hat on and straight.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
topal63
. . .
+533|6720

God Save the Queen wrote:

resisting arrest is a charge a fucked up police officer could use to justify any detention.
Fleeing and evading is another, I know from personal experience.

I lived in a drug dealers haven (apt. complex) in Oakland Park, FL - when I was severely strapped for $ and young. They used to frequently monitor the approx. area around the complex looking for activity. One night I was coming home very late from work (1:00 AM), this is when we used to do drafting by hand (no CADD) and I was finishing some work that needed to ready the next day AM, and I rounded the corner, in my car, went one block down made another right into the apartment complex went past two buildings and parked my car in the parking space I usually park. I looked over my right shoulder and saw a cop car, with its lights flashing, enter the complex where I did. I think nothing of it and grab some of my books and stuff in the passenger seat next to me. Within seconds I am surrounded by 3 cop cars. My left door window is open (it was always open, rolled down, because my AC was broke - and this is Florida we're talking about - f'ing hot). A second or two later a 357 magnum (?, I think) has been shoved through the window and into my face. "Get out of the car," was barked at me. He opened the left door and 2 other cops jumped me. I didn't resist but  one guy felt it was necessary to place his foot on the back of my head and grind the right-side of my face into the asphalt. I ended up getting fairly bruised and cut on that side; the next day I looked like a donkey kicked me in the face. They cuffed me and stuffed me into the back of one car. Then they proceeded to turn my car inside out; they went through and emptied my back-pack; the glove compartment; etc; one guy emptied a shaving cream can (from my backpack) all over everything. Nothing, no drugs, no empty alcohol bottles, nothing at all.

I am sitting in the back of the cop-car, and the two cops are talking in the front. One says, "there's nothing here, it's a mistake." The other says "they called in a car of his type, he saw us and ditched the stuff." I said, "what stuff." Then he said "I heard your wheels squeal when you rounded the corner." I said, "lately they always do that - they're kinda bald." The other one says "let him go." Then jerko retorts, "no." I was booked for fleeing and evading (I think that's what they call it). It was immediately dismissed before the judge when I showed him the pic/s of my face + I had no criminal record and the cop had nothing to say at all (he said nothing in court).

Last edited by topal63 (2008-07-30 16:07:09)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6489|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
But, you all have to admit, THAT WAS A AWESOME TACKLE!!

He squared up and everything, just like your taught to do in football!
13rin
+977|6481

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I'm not darting by a pair of Police Officers trying to get out of the road.  You could tell that the two officers were trying to get out of the road and were talking shit to each other.  As the bikes passed so did the Officers' patience.  Jr. Badass III tries to show off.  Back in the day those asshole types could easily get away with it.  Not any more.  There are several filters in place that are supposed to catch these assholes, this one obviously 'slipped' through the cracks.  I smell a civil suit with a settlement.
What?..  What I saw.
http://i36.tinypic.com/28ap6wo.gif
Sorry about the large size. I was a bit lazy in optimizing it.

The officer is clearly speeding up in order to take him out. I would have entertained the excuse that something happened before that we didn't see. But the court papers have indicated otherwise. I hope the rider does get a settlement.. he was assaulted (which is illegal btw). Some people are defending the bad cops like this. It makes all the other good cops look bad.
No K-man, I saw it too.  It was blatently ovbious.  I'm not disputing that the cop lunged at the cyclist whilst lowering his shoulder, but they were moving to get out of the road too.  The Cop ovbiously tried to get away with one while impressing his partner.  I'm glad he's been fired and hopefully he won't be rehired by another department.  His ass can go work for Brinks or something.  At my job we get OPS guys (paid temps) that have law enforcement aspirations.  Only one that I am aware of has actually made it so far.  Another did, but decided on taking his badge to a bar, did some dumbass stuff infront of the local cops, tried to pull the "I'm one of you guys" card, and now will hopefully never be in law enforcement again.  We're on the same page man.

Edit:

topal63 wrote:

I lived in a drug dealers haven (apt. complex) in Oakland Park, FL - when I was ... ...immediately dismissed before the judge when I showed him the pic/s of my face + I had no criminal record and the cop had nothing to say at all (he said nothing in court).
That's messed up.  What an asshole.  Glad it was thrown out.

----------------------

Critical Mass... I had never heard of it.  Now I know to avoid it whenever possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-07-30 15:54:59)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
One could argue the bicyclist was violating traffic laws through his participation in the critical mass, in which case the officer's actions may be justified. We don't know if he was telling the guy to stop, which he should have if asked.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Looks like the bike was swerving to avoid the cop, not trying to block traffic. Oh, golly-gee. Darn those civilians and their cell-cams.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-07-30 16:58:22)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT
Participating in the critical mass is blocking traffic.
Vax
+42|5854|Flyover country
Guess it isn't the first time this has happened

Seems obvious there is a tense situation between NYPD and the critical mass crowd.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Participating in the critical mass is blocking traffic.
I rode home in one when I was working as a bike messenger years ago (SF,CA) 
It is kind of obnoxious; bunch of bike-heads take over certain streets for a time. They feel empowered..a lot of them are just regular commuters who ride to work everyday amid traffic, and thus feel a bit 'oppressed'.. Add in the radicals, environmentalist hippies, the "i hate cars" crowd, and then add the yahoos who show up for anything because they are bored, and you get an idea of what it's like.

That being said, the cop in this situation was way out of line

Last edited by Vax (2008-07-30 21:21:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard