MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6213|Schofield Barracks
SO i asked my parents if i could build one or have someone build one and they said no. What computers are for gaming? My current pc can only run bf2 for 10 - 20 minutes.
Current specs.
Manufacturer:     
Dell Inc.
Processor:    
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:    
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:    
244 GB
Video Card:    
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
Operating System:    
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6217|Winland

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

My current pc can only run bf2 for 10 - 20 minutes.
wat
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Stimey
­
+786|6139|Ontario | Canada

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

My current pc can only run bf2 for 10 - 20 minutes.
wat
I was thinking the same
­
­
­
­
­
­
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6615|Toronto-Canada
what's your budget?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone
Just get a better GFX card and some more ram.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

.Sup wrote:

Well my dads tired of all my games and music and all the programs i have on this pc so im gonna get a new one.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6473|The Twilight Zone

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Well my dads tired of all my games and music and all the programs i have on this pc so im gonna get a new one.
But if your parents said NO to a new PC then that means NO!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

.Sup wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

they said no to building one.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6217|Winland

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

That's the same as no to a new PC.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6410|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Whats the point of buying a new one a e6400 is more then capable for running most of the newer games that are out right now. The only thing that is really shit in your system is the 7300LE and maybe 1gb more of ram.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

nooo its not. i am not building it i am purchasing it already built so it is different.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5980|Washington DC

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

nooo its not. i am not building it i am purchasing it already built so it is different.
just upgrade the video card and RAM
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6217|Winland

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

That's not a PC, it's a pile of junk.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

if i bought a good gaming pc id would be a pile of junk?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6863|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

QFT.

Building a PC isn't hard at all, just think of it like building something with Lego....very expensive Lego

It's just a case of RTFM'ing.

If your parents would rather have you buy a pre-built one over building your own, slap them. Hard.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6217|Winland

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

You can't buy a half-decent prebuilt gaming PC for a price that wouldn't get you a kickass gaming PC.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6863|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Freezer7Pro wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You can't buy a half-decent prebuilt gaming PC for a price that wouldn't get you a kickass gaming PC.
Yeah, I always see those pre-built PCs advertised as "Extremely powerful gaming machines", with a mid-range dual core, 2GB 667MHz DDR2, and a 8600 for the same price that would get you a Q6600, 4GB 800MHz DDR2 and a 4870.
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|6019
Soooo? You gonna start from ground zero or add on to your existing pc?

If you're gonna add on, could you possibly tell me what mobo you have and the budget you or your parents are set on?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

If you're gonna add on, could you possibly tell me what mobo you have and the budget you or your parents are set on?
im probbly gonna get a new one because my dad complains about "all the crap i have" on the computer.
whats a mobo?
Banned
+19|6019

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im probbly gonna get a new one because my dad complains about "all the crap i have" on the computer.
whats a mobo?
motherboard

So I'm guess you're not gonna custom build?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

whats a mobo?
motherboard

Probably not.
Banned
+19|6019

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

whats a mobo?
motherboard

Probably not.
It's really easy though, I mean, if you can put Legos together, then there should be no problem.

Just gotta know what to buy and what not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard