Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6711|United States
What is so great about it?  I ask you bottled water enthusiasts, how is it better than tap water?

Now, I'm not talking about the convenience of the bottle, and carrying it around.  I'm talking about the water itself.  Some people refuse to drink tap water.

I remember this conversation I had with a co-worker.  She asked if we had any bottled water.  I told her no.  She then told me, "Well, I don't want to drink this toilet water."  What?  Toilet water?  I asked her what she meant.  She said that she didn't want the tap water, since it could have gone to a toilet.  Well, tough shit for you lady, tap water is tap water, whether it goes to your toilet, to your shower, or to your faucet and into your body.  It's still clean, healthy, and is no better or worse than bottled water.

Bottled water is a waste of money, and I always lol when I see some idiot throwing away $50 on tons of gallon jugs of expensive "purified, reverse osmosis cleansed, added minerals for taste" bullshit water.

Tap water FTW.

https://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7933/wateruw3.jpg
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

In some places, people actually do have to worry about pollution (not here in the city though), which may be why they drink it.

I usually have it for convenience purposes, when I go out.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Tap water outside of Iceland (At least the countries I've been too) tastes like shit. I live on soda and ice tea when abroad.

Tap water in Iceland is the best tasting water you can get in the world tbh.
Mavik
+22|5747|Germany
In some areas tap water is not quite tasty or even really good - and I am not just talking of Second and Third World countries!
That aside - I do not like what I use to call "dead" water - water is quite tasteless so it has to have something else - like bubbly-bubbles!! ^^
Yeah, sure, Watermaxx.....
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6542|USA
whatever is most convienent at the time is what i drink. in class? bottled water. out on a run? drinking fountain.

edit: it should be noted that your coworker is an idiot, however.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2008-07-25 12:07:46)

Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I actually think the bottle is an incentive to buy bottled water. And does anyone else take the eco friendly shaped bottles and turn them into rockets by twisting it?
https://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii70/myEbrokenMheartO/eco_bottle_callouts_ps.jpg
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
I use bottled water when i use those flavor packets and when im out on the run. Other than that i get a giant mason jar and fill it to the brim with ice cold tap water!
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6383|Belgium
Wasn't there a study that discovered there's a certain concentration of estrogen in tap water which is affecting the male population? I recall an article in the newspaper about more men growing bitch tits and stuff like that?

Besides, here in Belgium tap water tastes like shit anyway. I prefer bottled water.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6663|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
The tap was ok back where I'm from, but it's a no-no here in Jacksonville.

That St. John's River is bad, m'kay?
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6328|CA, USA
Drink the tap water in San Diego.  once you do that, you will drink bottled water from then on.  trust me.  i think it's because of the water being distilled or from de-salinization process.  it just tastes very very bad.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6567|England
Here in the UK regulations are stricter on tap water than bottled water so it's actually safer to drink tap water (although bottled water tends to be safe anyway).

In some areas though you get "hard water" (tap water with a high concentration of calcium) which makes it taste literally "hard". It also damages kettles too, but is perfectly safe to drink.

Aside from that I laugh at people who buy bottled water, especially in restaurants because you're paying extortionate amounts for just bog-standard water that doesn't even legally have to be as good as tap water.
dobbyzx
Dain Bramaged
+2|5883|UK
Somebody once took a dump IN the only drinking fountains at our school...

Needless to say, they have become rather unused since, with a surge of plastic bottles littering the surrounding area.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5872|California

rh27 wrote:

In some areas though you get "hard water" (tap water with a high concentration of calcium) which makes it taste literally "hard"
You sure you got the right definition of "literally"?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

We're hooked up to a community well. It's inspected 3 times a week for contaminants. I have no problem drinking from the tap.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
Try Evian.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6103|Scotland!

elmer_42 wrote:

rh27 wrote:

In some areas though you get "hard water" (tap water with a high concentration of calcium) which makes it taste literally "hard"
You sure you got the right definition of "literally"?
I loled +1
i g
Banned
+876|5835|GA

i use the same bottle for a week or more and just refill it

water all tastes the same to me (unless it's really nasty)
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6513|Texas - Bigger than France

Penn & Teller did this gem: they had a fancy restraunt serve fake bottled water...including a bottle water "wine list".  So the waiter would describe each type of water in detail, then go in the back and fill a bottle with a hose...and then watched the results.  About 5 mins in, they did a taste test of bottled water versus NYC tap water - 75% of the people chose tap water.

About 5:45 - the set up for the "water store"...hilarious.
Ryan
+1,230|6814|Alberta, Canada

The only plus side to it is that if you are on the go and quite thirsty, you can pop in a few bucks and get a large bottle of water. Other than that, it is a waste of money, and has no significant purpose.
Smithereener
+138|6286|California

.Sup wrote:

Try Evian.
Which happens to spell "naive" backwards. Most of the time, I'm sure that tap water is as worthy of drinking as bottled water. Plus, there are always filters and purifiers.

Having said that, I like bottled water, not for the taste of the water itself or anything, but for its convenience. I wouldn't go so far and say it's a complete waste of money, but when there is perfectly good tap water available, I guess one can see the stupidity in that.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5945|England

i dont drink tap water unless its been in one of those things in the fridge

i only drink bottled water because its usually cold
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC
I have a Brita pitcher, so tap water is fine for me. What worries me isn't arsenic and lead and mercury so much as rust in the pipes. DC's sewer system sucks, so I wouldn't be surprised if our potable water system also sucks and has century-old pipes. Mmm, tetanus!

Speaking of bottled water I have two bottles on my desk right now. One of them somehow froze in the fridge, yet the other one is just nice and chilly. wtf?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51

Sydney wrote:

Tap water outside of Iceland (At least the countries I've been too) tastes like shit. I live on soda and ice tea when abroad.

Tap water in Iceland is the best tasting water you can get in the world tbh.
Never been to the Netherlands I guess? There is absolutely zero difference in bottled water and tap water here
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6362|fåking denmark
Tap water isn't always the best if you're abroad.
I some contries it can make you sick becuase, of the iron or calcium or someting in the water, are in higher levels then in your home contry.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon
when i went to maui the 12 hour flight fucking killed me. when it was over i was like racing to get out and smoke a cigarette...a crying baby had made it impossible to sleep at all during the flight, so it had been a minute since i had one....ohare to be specific.

anyway, im hauling ass through the airport to go smoke and i see this water fountain. of course im thirsty from being dehydrated from the plane.....so i lean over and just start slamming water from this motherfucker. a good thirty seconds im drinking, and i get done and look at the top of the fountain..theres this sign thats telling people to not drink from the fountain unless they are locals.
im like, "whatever". go smoke and then head out to the resort.....
and then i spent the next day and a half pissing out of my ass every hour.
way to start the best week of my life, but it worked out.

so ya, ill drink tap water all day long unless im traveling.
oh and water>soda/energy drinks

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard