HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC
Dentists and eye doctors are by far the worst. Eye doctors because I hate people getting near my eyes, but thats for another topic.

Dentists just fucking suck. My dentist is nice and all, but they and their assistants are so fucking bitchy. I go in with pretty fine teeth, but unless your teeth are pearly white with absolutely no little marks (not even behind the teeth where nobody can even see them), you're not brushing.

The best part is when they bitch at you to floss over 9000 times a day. I use a waterpik when I remember to, but I'd like to see if my dentist flosses after every meal.

The worst is that they try to make you feel terrible about your teeth unless they are of the aforementioned quality. I think I'm gonna walk in there tomorrow drinking some Mountain Dew and sucking on a lollipop just to spite them. Then I'll eat some pure sugar after the checkup.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
Eye doctors I don't mind. Dentists blow. It smells like shit in their offices and I just hate the environment.
usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio
I used to hate it.  I would not go period.  Then I found a dentist who gave you this pill, you were still awake so he couldnt fiddle with your junk, yet you did not feel a damn thing.  I cant remember what they call it.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC
@Poseidon completely agreed on the smell. What IS that smell?

@Marine, I don't really mind the discomfort. The scratching at the teeth with the picks is annoying. Was it Valium? I know they give that to people who go in for laser eye surgery...

edit: The funny thing is that no matter how often they cry about my teeth being in disrepair, I haven't had a cavity since I was like 10.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-07-20 20:43:13)

usmarine2
Banned
+233|5782|Dublin, Ohio
"Conscious Sedation"

dunno what they use.  dont care really.  I dont feel them poking around and such.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York

HurricaИe wrote:

@Poseidon completely agreed on the smell. What IS that smell?
It's a mix of the the smell of the drill, the paste that they use, the caulk (lol) and various other dental tools.

usmarine2 wrote:

I used to hate it.  I would not go period.  Then I found a dentist who gave you this pill, you were still awake so he couldnt fiddle with your junk, yet you did not feel a damn thing.  I cant remember what they call it.
Roofies?

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-07-20 20:43:33)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

I don't mind it. It would be better if the stupid Dental Hygienist didn't talk to you like you were a 3 year old.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6731|United States
I love the dentists, because they love me.  I have never had a cavity, my teeth are perfectly white, no plaque, I floss, nothing wrong with them.

In fact, I which I had one of those metal pick things so I could use it at home.

Going to the dentist is a quick in/out thing for me.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

Bert10099 wrote:

I love the dentists, because they love me.  I have never had a cavity, my teeth are perfectly white, no plaque, I floss, nothing wrong with them.

In fact, I which I had one of those metal pick things so I could use it at home.

I almost get the idea that they do deep-cleans all the time and just bullshit that I have dirty teeth. I may not clean for a full 2 minutes EVERY time, and some days if I'm really tired I do a half-assed job but I'll be damned if that requires an expensive deep-cleaning of my teeth every fucking time I go there. Thank god my dad's employer includes dental.
Smithereener
+138|6306|California
I don't mind any doctors at all... cept the fucking dentist.

I used to be the biggest brat when going to the dentist at age 5-10. Always making a huge commotion, crying, screaming, etc etc. They found a clever way to open up my mouth coz I would always clamp it shut - plug my nose, wait for me to open my mouth to breathe. lol.

I've calmed down now, still a bit apprehensive, but I can stand the dentist. Doesn't mean I like it though. The drill still gives me shudders. Still, the experience really isn't that bad after you've gone through with it, as long as the dentist gives me enough medication to knock out an elephant.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6731|United States

HurricaИe wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

I almost get the idea that they do deep-cleans all the time and just bullshit that I have dirty teeth. I may not clean for a full 2 minutes EVERY time, and some days if I'm really tired I do a half-assed job but I'll be damned if that requires an expensive deep-cleaning of my teeth every fucking time I go there. Thank god my dad's employer includes dental.
I have no dental insurance, so I do a hell of a job to make sure nothing in my mouth fucks up.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5955|London, England

Haven't been to the dentist in 3 years, used to brush my teeth maybe once a week, no cavities and teeth are all still there, I think they look pretty white tbh. The dentist can shove it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

Smithereener wrote:

I used to be the biggest brat when going to the dentist at age 5-10. Always making a huge commotion, crying, screaming, etc etc. They found a clever way to open up my mouth coz I would always clamp it shut - plug my nose, wait for me to open my mouth to breathe. lol.

I've calmed down now, still a bit apprehensive, but I can stand the dentist. Doesn't mean I like it though. The drill still gives me shudders. Still, the experience really isn't that bad after you've gone through with it, as long as the dentist gives me enough medication to knock out an elephant.
When I'm an adult I'm only gonna go to the dentist when I have to for some medical form. I take good enough care of my teeth, as I said above I haven't had a cavity in like 7 years. And that was when I was 10.

@Bert yeah, my dad's employer is cool like that. They even help pay for college tuitions...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6675|United States of America
"Your gums are bleeding."
"That's because I don't often clean my teeth with a fucking metal spike!"
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6731|United States

Mutantsteak wrote:

Haven't been to the dentist in 3 years, used to brush my teeth maybe once a week, no cavities and teeth are all still there, I think they look pretty white tbh. The dentist can shove it
I'd hate to smell your breath.
Smithereener
+138|6306|California

HurricaИe wrote:

Smithereener wrote:

When I'm an adult I'm only gonna go to the dentist when I have to for some medical form. I take good enough care of my teeth, as I said above I haven't had a cavity in like 7 years. And that was when I was 10.

@Bert yeah, my dad's employer is cool like that. They even help pay for college tuitions...
Yeah, I'm surprised. I eat a lot of sugary foods, yet I haven't had a cavity in over ~8 years. Eh, my teeth aren't perfect (slightly messed up do to some stupid decisions made a long time ago), but they're quite healthy. Or so I believe they are.

I dunno, I don't really follow that whole regular checkup thing with the dentist. Or any doctor for that matter save the eye doctor. I just go when I need to.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

DesertFox- wrote:

"Your gums are bleeding."
"That's because I don't often clean my teeth with a fucking metal spike!"
That too. My gums only bleed when they attack them at full force with all that creepy shit.

And wtf, firefox doesn't recognize "gums" as a legitimate plural of 'gum'?
Mutantbear

Bert10099 wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

The smell of my breath isn't determined by how much you brush your teeth, I bet you don't smell like toothpaste all day (Well you personally might with your "dentist's brother" attitude, but that's not the point)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6731|United States

HurricaИe wrote:

I'm in that middle class section where our family income is too great to apply for government aid and shit, but all possible coverage we could get is so expensive, and pays for nothing.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

Bert10099 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

I'm in that middle class section where our family income is too great to apply for government aid and shit, but all possible coverage we could get is so expensive, and pays for nothing.
Damn, that sucks. My dad's employer is like, kinda federal government and kinda not. Either way, it gets us a lot of benefits

eidt: And that's why healthcare in the US is so screwy. I can imagine that there are a lot of folks like your family who can't afford dental, but make too much for government assistance.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-07-20 21:09:03)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6731|United States

Mutantsteak wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

The smell of my breath isn't determined by how much you brush your teeth, I bet you don't smell like toothpaste all day (Well you personally might with your "dentist's brother" attitude, but that's not the point)
Not brushing your teeth contributes to bad breath.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6553|British Columbia, Canada
I think its the smell that does it for me..

Also, I hate it when they talk to you and expect an answer when they got tools halfway down your throat..
Mutantbear

Bert10099 wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Not brushing your teeth contributes to bad breath.
just because someone doesn't brush their teeth doesn't have to mean they have bad breath though. My breath is great (Ask the GF). I have to admit though my brushing habits are better now but my teeth were fine back then.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6454|meh-land
i brush maybe once a month and floss...
never

altho i just got my first cavity, extremely small though

good teeth genes ftw
The#1Spot
+105|6530|byah
You know whats worse than both of them? The DMV. You go in to lets say get your permit. A process that should only take 20 min tops but noooo you have to be there for nearly or over an hour in the crowded and smelly area. It took me 3 hours to get my drivers license when it should have taken 30min at the most. I was there from 1430 till 1745 nearly closing time of 1800.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard