i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5402/fdsdyq8.jpg

i get shortstacked as fuck because this tool chases his straight and of course hits it, i go all in and of fucking course he hits the river AGAIN. fuck
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6520

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

So these lot are playing with thousands of dollars for real?
no...everyone buys in for say, three dollars, then they take a seat at a table where everyone gets 2000 in chips, chips have no monetary value, they are just used to play with. get it now?
i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

i g wrote:

god fucking damn mother fucking shit piss cuntrag dicklovers. im done with this fucking bullshit for a while
it's all luck at the end of the day
LDP — What percent of poker is skill and what percent is luck? Have you ever put the numbers together, being a mathematical kind of guy?

CF — Yeah, actually I have. There are some mathematical ways to tell you how much luck and skill are involved in the game. Take a game like chess; chess is 100% skill. What it really comes down to is how long of a period you’re gonna play. On any one given hand, it might be 99% luck and 1% skill. Over the course of a tournament, it might be 30% skill and 70% luck. Over the course of a month, maybe it’s 30% luck and 70% skill, and over the course of a year maybe it’s 90% skill and 10% luck.

cf = chris "jesus" ferguson, one of the world's best players
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England

Canadianloser wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

no...everyone buys in for say, three dollars, then they take a seat at a table where everyone gets 2000 in chips, chips have no monetary value, they are just used to play with. get it now?
Oh ok, well they're not chips. It says right there $2,300 etc.. that's what I was asking about
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6520

i g wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

i g wrote:

god fucking damn mother fucking shit piss cuntrag dicklovers. im done with this fucking bullshit for a while
it's all luck at the end of the day
LDP — What percent of poker is skill and what percent is luck? Have you ever put the numbers together, being a mathematical kind of guy?

CF — Yeah, actually I have. There are some mathematical ways to tell you how much luck and skill are involved in the game. Take a game like chess; chess is 100% skill. What it really comes down to is how long of a period you’re gonna play. On any one given hand, it might be 99% luck and 1% skill. Over the course of a tournament, it might be 30% skill and 70% luck. Over the course of a month, maybe it’s 30% luck and 70% skill, and over the course of a year maybe it’s 90% skill and 10% luck.

cf = chris "jesus" ferguson, one of the world's best players
i quote this man for truth
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

i g wrote:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7952/wowwn9.jpg

from a week or so ago

i was short stacked, pushed all in preflop. he calls with k7. the rest is history
Ouch. Even I won't argue with that one. Nowt you coulda done about it. You played it right, he got lucky.

i g wrote:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8089/hgfhgfhje6.jpg

sigh

fuck me man. can i catch a fucking break? i have $1.15 left; time to go broke gentlemen.
You got unlucky that time - hitting an opponent with a playable hand - but then he he got lucky hitting his trips.

Now that is quality play. n1.

i g wrote:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5402/fdsdyq8.jpg

i get shortstacked as fuck because this tool chases his straight and of course hits it, i go all in and of fucking course he hits the river AGAIN. fuck
Unlucky. Looks like you had to play the A2 - late on, high blinds - gotta be done.

ig: back to the previous discussion - I just realised it may be a miss-understanding on my part - who called whom? If he called you, putting himself all-in, then yeah, bad beat. But if you called him, I'm just saying I woulda played it differently.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2008-07-26 14:33:01)

i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

from a week or so ago

i was short stacked, pushed all in preflop. he calls with k7. the rest is history
Ouch. Even I won't argue with that one. Nowt you coulda done about it. You played it right, he got lucky.

i g wrote:

sigh

fuck me man. can i catch a fucking break? i have $1.15 left; time to go broke gentlemen.
You got unlucky that time - hitting an opponent with a playable hand - but then he he got lucky hitting his trips.

ig: back to the previous discussion - I just realised it may be a miss-understanding on my part - who called whom? If he called you, putting himself all-in, then yeah, bad beat. But if you called him, I'm just saying I woulda played it differently.
he bet i raised him all in
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

i g wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

from a week or so ago

i g wrote:

sigh

Right, yeah, my miss-understanding then. Did he over-commit on his bet?
i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

from a week or so ago

i g wrote:

sigh

the blinds were pretty high and he was shortstacked. any post flop action was pretty much commiting himself
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Canadianloser wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Oh ok, well they're not chips. It says right there $2,300 etc.. that's what I was asking about
(if I'm remembering the PokerStars interface correctly) No, they are chips. They are not the cash amount being played for.
(if I'm remembering the PokerStars interface incorrectly) maybe I'll shut up...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

i g wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

the blinds were pretty high and he was shortstacked. any post flop action was pretty much commiting himself
Ah. Unlucky then.
i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

i g wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ah. Unlucky then.
meh it's over now
wileypube has been officially retired from pokerstars. i will use 'gotpurp420' after i take a few weeks off
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland

SamTheMan:D wrote:

nooo i lost
fuck. did you go all in?
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6520
I'm getting this shirt for irl games
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6653|7th level of hell

WHY THE FUCK CAN"T I PULL THIS IN REAL MONEY TOURNEYS?????????????????????????

GOD DAMMIT....
https://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2939/royalta5.jpg
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland

Zilla wrote:

WHY THE FUCK CAN"T I PULL THIS IN REAL MONEY TOURNEYS?????????????????????????

GOD DAMMIT....
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2939/royalta5.jpg
oh shit nice hand.

lol, never had one of those. Close, but not there yet.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5986|England

Airwolf wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

nooo i lost
fuck. did you go all in?
yeah the fuckin bastard was meant to fold but he didn't

he had ace high flush i had king high flush
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland
$5.50 tourney at midnight GMT

Going for it, time to win something. First prize currently sitting at $600
i g
Banned
+876|5876|GA

Canadianloser wrote:

I'm getting this shirt for irl games
haha nice

Airwolf wrote:

$5.50 tourney at midnight GMT

Going for it, time to win something. First prize currently sitting at $600
remember, patience is key for the big tournaments. one bad hand after hours of play and youre going home. i would recommend newer players to stick to the smaller tournaments, but do as you wish.

Last edited by i g (2008-07-27 12:59:41)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland
just starting.

Recommended drink for staking out? Was gonna go with water
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6501|Gogledd Cymru

Airwolf wrote:

just starting.

Cider or failing that, water.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland

The Sheriff wrote:

Airwolf wrote:

just starting.

Cider or failing that, water.
I drank 6 bottles of Bulmers last night.

Still recovering.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6573|Southampton, UK

Won £10 last night in a match.

Game 1 went like this:

There were 3 of us left, I had only enough chips to do the small blind (Which luckily I was on) and 1 other guy  had enough to match the big blind and a small bet, so he did the blind... and the remainder guy had 90% of all chips.

So there were 2 all in, and one guy matched the big blind.

I had J 6, the flop came out and 6 and a J popped up. I couldn't do anything about it. Sadly the flop were all hearts, and I was wondering if they would chase the flush, the guy who had small chipcount went all in, and the chipleader folded.

The turn came out, 6. I had 3 of a kind.

The river came out, Q.

Me and the guy showed, he was chasing the flush, missed by 1 card after the flop, and never got it, and I had FH - 6's over J's.

Final game:

I had a few chips from that win, enough to at least put up a good fight for 1st place.

I had the big blind and put it in, even though each time the blind doubles when someone goes out - and the blind made me bleed.
I got a good hand and just said screw it might as well go all in.

He prob had about 500k in chips and me about 150k.

We both showed, he had A 6, I had K 4.

The flop was turned:    9    3   K

Everyone who had gone out (6 lads) and myself were like "OOHHH"

Then the turn: A

"GAAAASSSHHH!!!!!!" lol, was awesome though, all rested for me on the river.

River:  2

I had lost, but I was so close to winning - If I had won that hand, I would havehad a very good chance of winning. But i proudly came second and the guy that won got £20, and me £10.

Good game.
Poker IRL is so much better/harder than online tbh.

Last edited by naightknifar (2008-08-01 07:08:05)

Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6732|Scotland

naightknifar wrote:

Poker IRL is so much better/harder than online tbh.
I agree yeah. Although, with the absence of real emotion in online poker, you can concentrate on recognising betting patterns etc.

Withdrew all my real money, was up around £10, so I got a good run. Got enough PKR points to enter a premium freeroll so might do that tonight. So yeah.

I was looking at some Daniel Negreanu videos.... I'm blown away I must say
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.
Are the quality of players better in real money games as opposed to fake money? As it stands I'm just above the cut and usually make profits in fake money games. However I don't want to lose real money because the people in real money are 10 times better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard