Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6741|Singapore
Well read up a website that it actually helps to fight depression despite all the health risks, people still continue smoking. Anyone is a hardcore smoker here?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
...You sure it wasn't talking about smoking weed?

Because cigarettes have no health benefits, IIRC.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

It fights depression because smoking can calm a person down, especially if they are stressed.

You'll often hear someone say "I'm so stressed I need a cigarette", but you have to also understand that part of that stress is caused by the nicotine addiction which can really be harmful.

Your better to not smoke at all than use it to feel better.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mattimus
Wardimus
+16|5832

Poseidon wrote:

...You sure it wasn't talking about smoking weed?

Because cigarettes have no health benefits, IIRC.
Unless you're trying to kill some sort of parasite living in your lungs
Reciprocity
+721|6588|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Of course they're good for you.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2008-07-18 00:28:07)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

TheAussieReaper wrote:

It fights depression because smoking can calm a person down, especially if they are stressed.

You'll often hear someone say "I'm so stressed I need a cigarette", but you have to also understand that part of that stress is caused by the nicotine addiction which can really be harmful.

Your better to not smoke at all than use it to feel better.
That's stupid, tbh.

That's like saying "giving a fat person more food helps them" because it helps fight off THEIR depression.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6681|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I'm a 'hardcore' smoker, have smoked for 16 years, half my life.

No way does smoking relieve stress (same as depression in some cases?).  It clogs your arteries up making the blood flow slower making your heart work harder/faster.

It dosen't make time go quicker, it dosent make that difficult task any easier.

Its not as addictive as people think; smokers go for approx 8 hours every 24 without a fag.  Thats when they are asleep and they dont wake up to sort their craving out either like for eg an heroin addict would.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6163
when I smoke a lot and "forget" to eat,  I lose w8! LOLOLLOLOLOL

TEENAGE GIRLS LISTEN UP
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6584|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Smoking dont have any benefit at all, i know, i happen to be smoking. Less than before but still. It only give a bad breath, bad lung and bad wallet.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Relaxation (originally, that is until you are addicted apparently) and the girls will think you are the coolest guy
JaMrulezass
+47|6472|Hong Kong

Tripulaci0n wrote:

when I smoke a lot and "forget" to eat,  I lose w8! LOLOLLOLOLOL

TEENAGE GIRLS LISTEN UP
/fail
Mavik
+22|5784|Germany
Nicotine relaxes like any other drug, after becoming an addict you just need nicotine to feel "normal", just as with any other drug.
"It doesn't control me, I can quit whenever I want, but why should I, it's fun, I like it, I got no problem!" ... Yeah...

Smoking helps you with nothing. The only benefit is for the industry that sells them. They have the benefit of being able to sell you a legal drug, something you will willing buy nonetheless and be ready to pay more just because you are addicted to it. These guys are no better than the one at the corner of a shady street selling "moodlifters". And they are not really concerned at what age you start.

If you quit smoking, depending on how long you have been addicted you may gain weight, as your metabolism has accustomed to the nicotine and has to adjust itself again. Seeing how many overweights are smoking, it certainly does not help you loosing anything but quality of life.
[Drink a lot (water!!), get some exercise, drive it out of your body. Some people think they will eat more or they replace their cigs with chocolate - maybe, but as you should always watch what your eating... spend the money you save from not smoking on apples, carrots or whatever you prefer and nibble them whenever your fingers and lips feel "bored" missing the routine of smoking - part of the psychological portion of the addiction.]

Regarding smoking teenage girls, don't forget to tell them that they would maybe (!) become slim 20y. olds - looking like 20.
Nicotine is a cytotoxin, it attacks the cells of your body - including those of your skin.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6227|Phoenix, AZ
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/CapnNismo/Motivational%20Posters/smokin_rednecks.jpg

had to.

Last edited by GodFather (2008-07-18 02:42:47)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Reciprocity wrote:

Of course they're good for you.

Those woman lips are just screaming for a meat cigar to suck on.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723
Alzeihmers. Probably coz you die of lung cancer first tbh.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden
Add a black coffee to a smoke and you have a nice replacement meal instead of lunch. The combination caffeine and nicotine is a killer for feeling hungry trust me.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6395|New York
Don't do it. Just about everyone I've ever talked to has regretted smoking, and I've been given advice multiple times saying "never start", because it's a bitch to quit.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
Just dont get addicted, simple.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
For me, I'm not properly addicted. Infact last time I smoked was now a week ago, but:

- It can calm down the nerves
- It can give you a little bit of an extra buzz when coupled with drinking alot
- It gives you something to do if you're a person that can't sit still for long and just chill (me), and coupled with it calming you down. It works well. This new law that makes you go outside to smoke actually works out quite well for people like me
- It works well socially, hard to explain, but it does for me

Those aren't really health benefits, more like just benefits

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-07-18 06:35:11)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6230|Brisneyland
Actually, smoking has been known to lessen the incidence of Ulcerative Colitis. Some doctors say that it helps relieve the symptoms. Of course the negative effects far outweigh the benefits, but that is one benefit.

Docotrs arent sure why it does work, one visiting scientist at our work theorised that it may be increased mucous in the bowel caused by smoking that relieves ulcerative colitis.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6669|USA
Yes. It reduces stress.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Getting beat up and having your fags stolen is not making friends Mek, you faggot.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England

The Sheriff wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Getting beat up and having your fags stolen is not making friends Mek, you faggot.
I did not sleep with that woman
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I did not sleep with that woman
I did not have sexual relations with that little boy
Mavik
+22|5784|Germany

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

For me, I'm not properly addicted. Infact last time I smoked was now a week ago, but:

1 - It can calm down the nerves
2 - It can give you a little bit of an extra buzz when coupled with drinking alot
3 - It gives you something to do if you're a person that can't sit still for long and just chill (me), and coupled with it calming you down. It works well. This new law that makes you go outside to smoke actually works out quite well for people like me
4 - It works well socially, hard to explain, but it does for me

Those aren't really health benefits, more like just benefits
1 Only for a smoker really - if you count the first five cigs for a starting smoker then maybe...

2 Actually alcohol goes in the same receptors as nicotine and blocks them for anything else. You should have to smoke more for the same/usual effect.

3 Well, right - but why not play Tetris? ;o) Seriously, finding something to do other than smoking can't be that hard?

4 If you have nothing else to give than canc.. cigs maybe - or if you are to shy/uncreative - no offense but buying sex/friends with cancer? (sure, exaggerated)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard