Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5981|London, England

Give it to me straight doc, is the PS3 worth it.

This is me, I'm broke, no job and barely make enough money doing odd jobs to pay for gas. I have a decent PC rig capable of Crysis on medium, no lag. Right now I have $150 cash and I'm saving currently for a nice 22' Monitor. Im wondering if that will be worth it though. My gaming passion started with consoles. NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, GC, XBOX, Gameboys and Ds's. I was living the good life. Cheep consoles let me buy them all and I could play any game I wanted. Then the horrible happened.

Xbox 360 came around. I was too broke to pay for one and now I was stuck with a second rate machine while I was left in the dust. I still needed it. It taunted me. I saved and saved until one day I decided, PC is the way to go. I made the jump and bought the making for my first monster machine. Since then I've been having fun, playing games and never leaving the basement, same old business, while my console dreams slowly slip away. I recently came into the idea that, a Wii, with its fun games and SSBB, I can't go wrong, and its dirt cheap (Compared to the others). I am really considering making the jump to consoles again and I'm not sure where to start. Wii would be a great option, and I don't know if I can live without those First Party titles. PS3 has recently come across my radar with this MAG announcement and that coupled with my love of MGS, I can't go wrong. I don't know where to go. PS3 or Wii. I need to know. It's killing me. Xbox 360 has slipped away with my ever decreasing love of Halo and nothing is bringing me back.

What do you think. Spend my money on my PC and never look back. Invest in a Wii and keep my PC gaming going strong while being able to say,  come over here and look at what happens when I move this remote around. Or have 2 monster machines in the house with the PS3 and satisfy Snake's longing for us to be together again.

Try to give me a list of the pros and cons if you can, Idea's on whats good with any system will help tons

I had a feeling this was a Wii hating community, MY problems with PS3 are the fact that I'm broke myself and I don't want alot of overlapping titles with the PC so I don't feel like I'm wasting my money. Im cheap and i want to make the best decision possible

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-07-15 15:55:05)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York
PS3's well worth it. Don't get a Wii. POS system that you'll get tired with after a little while. I actually had this similar situation recently - I went with a PS3. Blu-Ray goodness > Shitty motion controllers.

Plus, if you like the MGS series, definitely. Personally I don't like and don't care for the MGS series, but if you like it, by all means.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
If your PC can run Crysis on medium then no real reason to get a console unless your fucking rich.

If you do have the money I would go PS3 as it has more games that aren't for the PC than 360 does. But that is to be expected considering the 360 is just a PC in a fancy case.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6464

Just look at the games man. It should be easy.

Personally though, I would take PS3 and 360 over PC and Wii.
Volatile
+252|6721|Sextupling in Empire

Whatever you do, don't get a Wii.
Mutantbear

I had a feeling this was a Wii hating community, MY problems with PS3 are the fact that I'm broke myself and I don't want alot of overlapping titles with the PC so I don't feel like I'm wasting my money. Im cheap and i want to make the best decision possible
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6782|UK
Tbh I would stick with the PC. Whatever you do, DON'T get a Wii. Its the most expensive 5 hours entertainment you will ever pay for.

If your broke don't waste your money on a Wii.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-07-15 15:55:17)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

r'Eeee wrote:

Why? PC and Wii have the most exclusives.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6463|Chicago, IL
meh, don't bother with the consoles, all the best games end up on PC eventually, and the wii has only a select few good games that you can play at someone else's house.
[CSE]Anubis
+24|6009
My brother has a Wii and I have a PS3.  They are both great systems and I would highly recommend either unlike everyone else so far.  Two totally different gaming experiences but good in their own way.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6727|Sweden
With your situation hell no.. there are better things to spend both money and time on and as Vilham said stick to the PC there are older games outperforming the new ones anyway.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6464

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Why? PC and Wii have the most exclusives.
I don't like them. Most of them are RTS... YAWN.  Wii is a joke

Give me Resident Evil 5 plox.
Mutantbear

If Wii was about $100 Cheaper I think it would be worth it, but like everyone said it might get really boring really fast. I dunno, PS3. Should I save for it... Decesions, Decesions
cablecopulate
+449|6754|Massachusetts.
If you are broke and don't have a job, you should probably save the money.
Ultimatrox
+38|6249|Netherlands

Mutantsteak wrote:

If Wii was about $100 Cheaper I think it would be worth it, but like everyone said it might get really boring really fast. I dunno, PS3. Should I save for it... Decesions, Decesions
Grammar, Grammar.. nah j/k

Just get a PS3 for huge amounts of fun. It has the most exclusive games + the PS3 has Metal Gear =
jsnipy
+3,276|6539|...

I've got both a Wii and a PS3.
The PS3 has a tons more functionality beyond a gaming a console (i.e. Wii only goes to 480p. which is poor for using the web browser).
The Wii is fun and has its niche (aka party machine), but its a small niche.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5977|Washington DC
Yes, the PS3 is worth it.
Mutantbear

Noone is really telling me why a PS3 is a good idea. they are just saying get it. If someone would give all the good examples then I could choose
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

Mutantsteak wrote:

Noone is really telling me why a PS3 is a good idea. they are just saying get it. If someone would give all the good examples then I could choose
Well, overall it really isn't. You already have a real good PC, currently the only good PS3 game that isn't likely to be ported to the PC is MGS4 and 1 game isn't worth it. The 360 however is probably even worse, all all it's good games are either shared with the PC (like Gears of War) or shared with PS3 (Like GTA4 and BFBC, which are both are likely to be ported to PC aswell). So I recommend staying with your PC however I still think that the PS3 is the best bet if you MUST get a console.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

Well, overall it really isn't. You already have a real good PC, currently the only good PS3 game that isn't likely to be ported to the PC is MGS4 and 1 game isn't worth it. The 360 however is probably even worse, all all it's good games are either shared with the PC (like Gears of War) or shared with PS3 (Like GTA4 and BFBC, which are both are likely to be ported to PC aswell). So I recommend staying with your PC however I still think that the PS3 is the best bet if you MUST get a console.
agreed, if you have extra money improve your computer.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
bennisboy
+829|6662|Poundland
I got a ps3 a couple of months ago. I haven't even looked at a game on my PC since
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6546|Boston, MA
Am I the only one that actually enjoys the Wii? I think it's fun but at the same time I also think it's overrated. The Nintendo games and a few other games are the only worthwhile ones though. However, it's definately great for when you have friends over, I think the offline multiplayer for Wii is way better than any of its competition.

However, I would say to just save your money, PC gaming definitely is the way to go. If you can run Crysis on medium with no lag there's no point to upgrade any time soon either. PC gaming is awesome because how easily things can be modded on it and you can't get more precise controls than a keyboard and mouse, at least not for a shooter.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

Why the fuck are you even considering getting a new console or game system if you're self-confessed broke with no job and can barely pay for gas?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6753

The Wii pwns. Just don't get games from the same genre and don't sit behind it 24/7. Value for money imho.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

the Wii may not be the best console, but it's the only one with good reasons to get it.

It gets RB and GH, (which you can't get for PC)
It gets Smash Bros and Mario Kart (fighting and racing games are better on consoles)
and it has the Wiimote, which gives you quite a few things PC can't do.

PS3 and Xbox360 are just weak PCs with shit games and controllers.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard