NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6353|Atlanta, Georgia
Well my mom came home today and she's all freaked out cause the jeep wont turn off. It's a 91 Jeep Cherokee. So i undid the battery and got it turned off. Now i gotta figure out how to make the key actually be able to turn into the off position. It's stuck on the on position and it wont budge for shit. Anyone have any idea's?

I'm not a big car person but i can figure it out if i have to.
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6653|7th level of hell

try putting into drive, then slamming into park. if you dont have the shifter FULLY into park, it wont let you turn the key off.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6353|Atlanta, Georgia
I forgot to mention the key will come out to. Its stuck there but the key will come out.
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5986|England

Your post is considered spam. Please refrain from posting that kind of content.
aimless
+166|6137|Texas
Could be the ignition switch or ecm
LOG
dain bramaged
+51|6133|Punta Gorda,Florida
sounds like the ignition switch  is shot.  its like 50$ for one at auto zone. no too hard to replace them,most you just carefullly pry off the chrome ring and you will see the switch it self,most are held in by a pin that you can pull out.  if you use autozone they can give you a diagram on how to replace it. ive done them before took me 20-30 mins at most.
you learn the true meaning of life when you see houses and cars blow by like leaves on a windy day.
Benzin
+576|6010
I think it's the whole ignition assembly and not just the switch. If you can pull the key out, too, I would be willing to bet that all unit is gone. Google a bit, though.
krAzi
+17|5968|Some Strange town

LOG wrote:

sounds like the ignition switch  is shot.  its like 50$ for one at auto zone. no too hard to replace them,most you just carefully pry off the chrome ring and you will see the switch it self,most are held in by a pin that you can pull out.  if you use auto zone they can give you a diagram on how to replace it. Ive done them before took me 20-30 mins at most.
I had to do this on mine(91 chevy s-10), but i had to pull the steering wheel first because the ignition cylinder was screwed into the inside of the column...
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6472|UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Your post is considered spam. Please refrain from posting that kind of content.
Wow you can talk!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard