Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6475|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

My god, it actually looks good. It doesn't seem to be a straight rip from the game, so some thought has to have been put in.

Hopefully, we'll get to see Jack Lupino go batshit insane while jacked on Valkyr.

This is a movie I will actually go to a theatre to see.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2008-07-10 04:42:35)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6758|Scotland

Mark Wahlberg better put on a performance.
avman633
+116|6366
Wow, that's cool. But, what is Max Payne about?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
Release Date: 17 October 2008

This is the movie I have been waiting for! I can't wait for this ... trailer looks awesome.

avman633 wrote:

Play Max Payne and Max Payne II.

Edit:
Mona is played by the same woman who does the voice of Meg Griffen lol

Last edited by kylef (2008-07-10 04:44:18)

Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6274
I hope it breaks the stereotype!
avman633
+116|6366

kylef wrote:

avman633 wrote:

Oh, its a game. I'll read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne
Ultrafunkula

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

I hope it breaks the stereotype!
Hey. It's not an Uwe film
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

Zimmer wrote:

He was pretty amusing in The Departed

avman633 wrote:

kylef wrote:

avman633 wrote:

Oh, its a game. I'll read up on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne
From the trailer scenes it looks like a lot will revolve around Max Payne II too.

Last edited by kylef (2008-07-10 04:53:27)

Ultrafunkula

kylef wrote:

Release Date: 17 October 2008

This is the movie I have been waiting for! I can't wait for this ... trailer looks awesome.

avman633 wrote:

Edit:
Mona is played by the same woman who does the voice of Meg Griffen lol
Did you already check who the bad guy is played by?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6768|UK
Hell yes, max payne 1 and 2 were kickass games hope this is as good.
Benzin
+576|6000
So what's with the guy with the wings??? I've just read the Wiki and nothing deals with the Devil or whatever ...
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

CapnNismo wrote:

So what's with the guy with the wings??? I've just read the Wiki and nothing deals with the Devil or whatever ...
Valkyr

A fictional injected drug which was a focus of the story in the PC game Max Payne.

Valkyr had been meant to be a white-winged maiden that would lift you to a warrior's heaven. But it turned out to be a one-way demon ride to hell. The devil was in the drug. I knew. I had met him.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
Max Payne... Should I play these games?
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

kylef wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

He was pretty amusing in The Departed
Lol yeah he was.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Benzin
+576|6000

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Valkyr

A fictional injected drug which was a focus of the story in the PC game Max Payne.

Valkyr had been meant to be a white-winged maiden that would lift you to a warrior's heaven. But it turned out to be a one-way demon ride to hell. The devil was in the drug. I knew. I had met him.
Ahhhhh ... so it was like a hallucination part of the game represented in the movie ... or something like that ... gotcha!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

FFLink13 wrote:

Without a doubt, I rate Max Payne II in my top 3 games. (that's taking all of HL, HL2, EP1 and EP2 as one game of course)
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо

CapnNismo wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Valkyr

Ahhhhh ... so it was like a hallucination part of the game represented in the movie ... or something like that ... gotcha!
It looks epic how they've implemented it tbh.

I.

CANNOT.

WAIT.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Mark Wahlberg was such an awesome choice for this. The only shitty movie he's ever done was The Happening. He's one of my favorite actors. Why? Because he NEVER DIES. EVER.

The Perfect Storm? No proof that he dies, that motherfucker's tough, he could've swam to shore.
Planet of the Apes? Sure, he lands on an Earth that's actually run by Apes, but he's alive!
The Italian Job? He lives, again.
Four Brothers? He takes down the people who killed his mom and LIVES.
The Departed? Pretty much ALL of the main characters die...EXCEPT Mark Wahlberg!
Shooter? Gets shot TWICE, makes his own freaking IV kit for surgery and prepares the necessary tools, and takes out the people who screwed him over.
We Own The Night? Survives having people come after him MULTIPLE times with Joaquin Phoenix, and LIVES.

So yeah, he's pretty badass.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

My god, it actually looks good.
And it' got Mark Wahlberg!

If it's anything like the games it will be win. I wonder if there's going to be any bullet time scene's. Maybe too cliche' with The Matrix movies?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

My god, it actually looks good.
And it' got Mark Wahlberg!

If it's anything like the games it will be win. I wonder if there's going to be any bullet time scene's. Maybe too cliche' with The Matrix movies?

Wikipedia wrote:

Max Payne 2 introduced 'Bullet-time 2.0'. Whereas the Bullet-time effect merely slowed down time in the original game, in this one it also can increase Max's movement speed, firing rate and re-load speed. Bullet-time does not initially slow time as much as it did in Max Payne, but the player can increase its effects by killing enemies while in bullet-time, to the point where Max is able to move and fire at normal speeds while the world around him is barely moving. Some fans complain that the new bullet-time is not a simulation of heightened reflexes as it was in the original Max Payne, but has become more of a Matrix-style super-power.
Could be, although I'd prefer it if it was just a slowed camera scene, so that even Max is slow. A normal moving max and a slow everything else would just be cheesy enough to ruin the film.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England

kylef wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

Without a doubt, I rate Max Payne II in my top 3 games. (that's taking all of HL, HL2, EP1 and EP2 as one game of course)
*Acquires*
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland

FFLink13 wrote:

kylef wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

*Acquires*
My brother actually bought it, so I stole it off him and have it legally on disk! Although it is well worth the £4.99 that it is in most shops now lol :)
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6462|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Mark Wahlberg was such an awesome choice for this. The only shitty movie he's ever done was The Happening. He's one of my favorite actors. Why? Because he NEVER DIES. EVER.

The Perfect Storm? No proof that he dies, that motherfucker's tough, he could've swam to shore.
Planet of the Apes? Sure, he lands on an Earth that's actually run by Apes, but he's alive!
The Italian Job? He lives, again.
Four Brothers? He takes down the people who killed his mom and LIVES.
The Departed? Pretty much ALL of the main characters die...EXCEPT Mark Wahlberg!
Shooter? Gets shot TWICE, makes his own freaking IV kit for surgery and prepares the necessary tools, and takes out the people who screwed him over.
We Own The Night? Survives having people come after him MULTIPLE times with Joaquin Phoenix, and LIVES.

So yeah, he's pretty badass.
Plus he can rap, he is a good actor I think he will do well for the part.
Ultrafunkula

kylef wrote:

My brother actually bought it, so I stole it off him and have it legally on disk! Although it is well worth the £4.99 that it is in most shops now lol
Hey Prison Break! Check iiiiit.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2008-07-10 07:02:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard