G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6161|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
Situation:
You are USMC in Kubra Dam. You are in a F-18 and your friendly F-15 is airborne. You and the F-15 spot a Su flying passed, you both tail it. It turns and the two of you turn with it but it goes wrong and ye collide against each other.

Question: How does the game calculate who gets the team kill? Or is it completely random?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask this as I play Kubra Dam a lot and I Fly nearly all the time. It doesn't happen very often but when this situation happens, i get the team kill the majority of the time.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6125|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think it's that who deals the most damage to the other.

So basically, it's completely random
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia
I think it's based on who rams who.

So in that situation, if the F-18 rams into the bottom of the F-15 during the turn the F-18 will get the TK(s) and if the F-15 hits the bottom of the F-18, the negative points will go to the F-15.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Thats not always the case though...often Ive been rammed, yet still got the tk's.

How could it determine who rammed who anyway? As far as the engine is concerned...two jets collided. End of.

Be interesting to know how it determines it
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng
I always thought it was who was going faster.. Like if a jet flies into a chopper, the jet pilot gets the kill every time..
#rekt
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
the vehicle with the most HP.
blacklupus
+13|6661
now that's an answer...
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I dunno but I hate it when this happens
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5970
its random, QQ
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6626

Mint Sauce wrote:

I always thought it was who was going faster.. Like if a jet flies into a chopper, the jet pilot gets the kill every time..
not true, it can be different.

i've seen blackhawk pilots getting 6 TKs :
Phaytal
+20|6124|Engarlandd
You have the entire kubra dam map and you crash into a little plane? i've never understood how people manage to ram into things..
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
The planes are both magnetic, so they attract each other.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5969|Aberdeen, Scotland
Really irritating when people try to tail the same guy as you, especially when you are trying to be stealthy and some twat keeps toning the target and scares him off

Never understood the way collision-Tks work, but I've noticed sometimes in a collision with the enemy both pilots get a kill on their score, but it isn't shown that way

ie.
Pilot 1 [kills] Pilot 2
Pilot 1 is no more

But Pilot 2 still gets a kill.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

same here
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

iD wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

yeah i dont think speed matters.  some dude forced a TK on me while i was taking off, so i rammed my mig into his tank 3 times during the round.  he got all the tk's for the punish/kick. muwhahaha
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Slarty
+37|5935|Ingerland
The most annoying thing about it is when you're the F15 pilot. You get the TK for the F18 pilot and the bomber too. Guess what happened to me this afternoon
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
it's more or less random, whoever dies last gets the teamkill I think
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Yeah, it's all down to the split second timing and characteristics of the crash, but overall, it's pretty much random.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6161|Contae Chorcaí | Éire

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

overall, it's pretty much random.
It must also be down to luck as i get the TK most of the time

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

In most cases both jets have full HP, i fly with clan mates alot! So again, it must be completely random. There has to be some logic behind it though

Last edited by G.Cronin (2008-07-08 16:50:25)

**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Yeah, the logic is who deals first damage,

BUT

because of the EPXPLOSION the "First damage dealt" is pretty random.
HSG
+23|6444|British Columbia, Canada

loubot wrote:

I dunno but I hate it when this happens
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

iD wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Yeah, that's definately not the case. I got 6 TKs because some nub landed a full Blackhawk on top of me when I was in the gunner's seat of a jeep.

But whatever the reason is, I'm fairly certain that in most cases there's no way to control or manipulate th ecollision so that you don't get the TK (other than bailing out beforehand).
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6716|Mexico City
it will always be you..........
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

it will always be you..........
False, I actually don't get the TK 90% of the time.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
The person with the lower rank gets the TK.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard