+151|6268|NSW, Australia

im special?
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6712|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Nappy wrote:

ive never got an AWM, dont particulary want to start either

Hows that even possible!even the nicest members on this site get awm'ed
I was really upset the other week at getting one for spam, which wasn't, there seemed to be an inconsistancy between mods over it.  However, its important we all remember that a mods word will be final and look at them as a nightclub bouncer/doorman.  They are here to help us rather than throw us out when we fuck up, they don'[t want to do that but will if it means better for the club, umm forum.  I should imagine a lot of us are wannabe mods but I reckon if you saw behind the scenes what the job entails you would change your mind and just opt for the easy bf2s life.  All we have to do is open up the pages and reply, they have to do a lot more than just that.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6777|The Hague, Netherlands

as Varegg said it's more spam then a personal attack,

but either way if you were really smart you would reply with a post that would clarify that Sony doesn't suck, (your views)

A) you wouldn't attack him personally (everyone reacts to stuff differently)
B) it wouldn't be spam.
C) no mod would have to look into it
D) you wouldn't have to make this thread and sound all pissed off, smile more often is the key.
E) we would all be happier!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

people will always bash systems/consoles/pc parts/games if you easily get pissed off by this then yeah....... have fun on here I guess...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6499|UK
This is the internet everyone is 6ft 3in, can bench 200kg and can do 100 push-ups a minute. People are just dicks to compensate for their passive aggressive attitude in real life. Doesn't hurt me too much when someone on a internet forum insults me.

Oh yeah I forgot my IQ is 160

Last edited by wah1188 (2008-07-07 07:03:03)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6848|Nårvei

Nappy wrote:

im special?
No ... you have 11 AWMs
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6427|New York
If I was an entity that lived on the internet, as an "internet-being", for example, I would begin to "lol" at this thread.

However, being that I'm a human typing through a keyboard onto a forum, I'll just have to settle for regular old "laughing". Although, being the honest person that I am, the most I can get out of this thread is a snicker.

Moral of the story: let it go.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6794|Scotland

Varegg wrote:

Nappy wrote:

im special?
No ... you have 11 AWMs
No, he has 1. Look at the mod history Varegg! You still have a lot to learn, young padawan.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6538|so randum

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nappy wrote:

im special?
No ... you have 11 AWMs
No, he has 1. Look at the mod history Varegg! You still have a lot to learn, young padawan.
Eggys a n00b

please dont AWM me for a personal attack <3
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6659|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No ... you have 11 AWMs
Eggys a n00b

please dont AWM me for a personal attack <3
https://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/ban_hammer.jpg

Strike unto thee
kn0ckahh
+98|6777|netherlands, sweet lake city
if there's a thread about consoles and someone says that one of them fails at least that's on-topic, if you then say: you fail that's a personal attack.
if you don't agree with someone and instead of taking the time to discuss it attack him personally you deserved that warning.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6512|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hmm. I think I have one AWM? For the set of titties that I forgot about in the end of "Smack My Bitch Up"

Oh, and I think it was Bern who removed my sig because it was too high. Dunno if that was one but anyhoo, I'm such a nice boy that I don't get slapped on me fingers
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6848|Nårvei

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Nappy wrote:

im special?
No ... you have 11 AWMs
Who's the nOOb i wonder ... he has 11 AWMs although let it be said he has only 1 offence, each time a Moderator uses the Mod tools to delete a post or message a user or both it creates an AWM event pr Mod action ... theoretically 1 offence can create lots more than just 1 AWM event ...

Zimmer-Varegg 0-1
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Ultrafunkula

Varegg wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No ... you have 11 AWMs
Who's the nOOb i wonder ... he has 11 AWMs although let it be said he has only 1 offence, each time a Moderator uses the Mod tools to delete a post or message a user or both it creates an AWM ... theoretically 1 offence can create lots more than just 1 AWM ...

Zimmer-Varegg 0-1
Fight Fight Fight!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6507

wah1188 wrote:

This is the internet everyone is 6ft 3in, can bench 200kg and can do 100 push-ups a minute. People are just dicks to compensate for their passive aggressive attitude in real life. Doesn't hurt me too much when someone on a internet forum insults me.

6ft 3in? Crap I'm 3 inches shorter on the internet
Ultrafunkula

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

6ft 3in? Crap I'm 3 inches shorter on the internet
Is it windy up there? I'm 1 inch taller here.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6805|UK

Varegg wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No ... you have 11 AWMs
Who's the nOOb i wonder ... he has 11 AWMs although let it be said he has only 1 offence, each time a Moderator uses the Mod tools to delete a post or message a user or both it creates an AWM event pr Mod action ... theoretically 1 offence can create lots more than just 1 AWM event ...

Zimmer-Varegg 0-1
Wooo go egg!
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6460|My room

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Who's the nOOb i wonder ... he has 11 AWMs although let it be said he has only 1 offence, each time a Moderator uses the Mod tools to delete a post or message a user or both it creates an AWM ... theoretically 1 offence can create lots more than just 1 AWM ...

Zimmer-Varegg 0-1
Fight Fight Fight!
MOD FIGHT

We're gonna need popcorn.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6430|Southern California

jason85 wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Well as an honest answer to your question.... How is telling a person they are a failure NOT a personal attack?
Sure its a pretty stupid things to get worked up over, but you are still going from someones opinion about an object to making a judgment of that person.

Personally if you tell me "no you fail" I'll just think your dumb, but you are still making it about the other person... and technically putting them down.... that is what is considered a personal attack.
Saying that someone fails, at this age is pretty much the same thing as using kindergarten cut downs. Its on the level of calling someone a "poo poo head". It may be a personal attack, in definition, but in BF2s "warning criteria" how is that even enough. If he is going to warn me for saying someone fails, he ought to warn every person on this site that has ever called someone a jerk, an idiot, an asshole, etc.

I could see if I had said he "failed at life" how that could be taken for more than what was meant, and how someone might take that hard or something. But saying that someone just "fails", especially in the context in which I used it, meant simply that I thought his statement sucked and I disagreed with him, nothing more. I mean, what next? Is the act of disagreement going to be regarded as a personal attack now?
Using kindergarten cut downs is also a personal attack... I mean, a really fucking weak one that just makes the person look dumb... but still. Like I said you shouldn't really be getting bent outa shape because some one said "No, you fail", but its still attacking them as a person (just very very weakly)

I wasn't commenting on how it should be taken, or how harshly it should be punished, simply the fact that he said "How is this a personal attack", because its attacking some one personally.
Not saying that all personal attacks are created equal, or that people who say "No you" need to be brought to swift justice.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2008-07-07 12:47:30)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6670|949

Count to 10
Smoke a fatty
close internet explorer
close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing pattern.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6659|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Count to 10
Smoke a fatty
close internet explorer
Damn you, now I'm breathing manually, I hate it when people make me breathe manually/consciously
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6000|Washington DC

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Count to 10
Smoke a fatty
close internet explorer
Damn you, now I'm breathing manually, I hate it when people make me breathe manually/consciously
I hate it too,I get scared that I will never breathe automatically again.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6670|949

HurricaИe wrote:

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Count to 10
Smoke a fatty
close internet explorer
I hate it too,I get scared that I will never breathe automatically again.
I think it is impossible to have that happen - as in your body won't let it happen.  Not 100% positive, and I know I've worried myself a few times while on hallucinogens.

Nonetheless, I still laugh when I read some flame wars and think of the user sitting at his computer with his mouth foaming and pounding out his response on his keyboard.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-07-07 12:57:16)

jason85
Banned
+58|6035|Mesa, AZ

Poseidon wrote:

My question is: Why do people get SO FUCKING OVERREACTIVE over someone bashing something about the PS3? Whether it be MGS4, Sony itself, or the PS3. So he thinks Sony fails...so what? Big fucking deal! My usertitle's a perfect example, two people have already thrown hissy fits because of it. It's funny. I like Halo, and people bash Halo all the time, but do I give a shit? No. Get over it! Some people don't like the PS3. Some people don't like the 360. If someone said Microsoft fails and the 360 sucks (and I've gotten used to it with Sam...) then whatever, that's their opinion. Uneducated as it might be (and the same goes with someone saying Sony fails and the PS3 fail when neither certainly do), it's their right to say it - don't fucking throw a hissy fit about it.

And it's a freaking AWM. Most people here have like 20. Should you take it lightly? No, of course not. Should you make a thread about it bitching and moaning? No.

Edit: And you're just lucky you don't get called a fanboy simply for defending the console you prefer. I love both consoles (albeit the 360 a little bit more for it's software) and when I defend the 360, I get called a fanboy. That term is thrown around here like candy on halloween.

Nobody's saying you can't defend the PS3...I was just speaking generally.
I didn't throw a hissy fit. I said one thing. That he failed and I thought the PS3 was better. Just that. I don't see how a single sentence amounts to a hissy fit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard