unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

btw, spike lee’s movies aren’t great but they’re better than that asinine wonder woman shit you’re into.
I do think the focus on plugging all these comic book movies into some IKEA timeline in some way hobbles their individuality. It would probably be awkward for Wonder Woman to sit at the pompous Justice League table with Batman and Superman after she spent a vacation beheading rapist soldiers at some military occupation.
i honestly have no time for people who make serious critiques of comic franchise movies or express disappointment at their ‘direction’. reminds me of star wars nerds. that shit never was good, it never was art, it was never anything more than an entertaining space opera to extract maximal cash. being disappointed that your giant franchise isn’t being scrupulous about artistic values and integrity seems slightly misplaced.
It's like with Ghostbusters 2016 or Battlefield 5. People become too invested and obsessed. I couldn't really care less what these companies do with their IP. If it doesn't look like something I want to see it, I won't see it. If I don't want to play it, I won't play it. What a concept.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Only maladjusted adults and teenagers really get into the anti-SJW stuff. They should be ignored.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

To be fair it's hard to blame someone for anti-SJW stuff when SJW makes posts about torturing animals or something.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Reviews are coming in for the Captain marvel movie and they are not good. Interestingly this is one of the very few comic book movies I actually will go and see. I like the fact that a woman is finally getting the lead in a comic book movies.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Did you miss the whole Wonder WOMAN thing?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
I'll be going to see it anyway.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Captain Marvel - 8/10

A little quirky and flat in spots but I enjoyed it, and I often get a little choked when the hero achieves the full potential of their powers.
uziq
+492|3422
is it because you never achieved the full potential of your powers?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I hope comic book movie makers continue to weirdly and unfairly accuse critics and "comic book experts" of bigotry for negative feedback. My backlog of movies and books is large enough that any minor excuse to skip a few shallow blockbusters won't hurt my feelings.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I am perfectly comfortable with what I've achieved, thanks.
uziq
+492|3422
grown men choking at children’s comics. hm. please, take a seat on the couch.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're obviously ignorant of the underlying messages.

Watching the Matrix series ATM, no doubt in 100 years scholars will be dissecting this to get a handle on the zeitgeist, there are some deeper thoughts buried more deeply in it than the ZOMG maybe we're actually in a matrix thing.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lol
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Watching the Matrix series ATM, no doubt in 100 years scholars will be dissecting this to get a handle on the zeitgeist, there are some deeper thoughts buried more deeply in it than the ZOMG maybe we're actually in a matrix thing.
It truly is the Ulysses of our generation.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It'll be The Matrix or Harry Potter, I guess we'll see in the fullness of time.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions were awful. Absolutely killed the Matrix IP.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

pretty sure film critics have universally panned those movies for being choked with cloying and endless bullshit about determinism and simulacra.

not big and not clever. 3/10. scholars don't require 100 years to get around to it.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

It truly is the Ulysses of our generation.
actually i think american beauty is quite convincingly an homage to ulysses on the level of plot/theme.

if you want the all-out essay on textualism that ulysses is, i also recommend the (finally) re-edited 'the other side of the wind' by orson welles.

tschuß
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Review material for everyone looking forward to Avengers: Endgame
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment … spartandhp
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Le barf.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I wiki'd the End Game plot and am not surprised I am not going to miss anything.

It was annoying to read the plot because whoever wrote it up used the characters real name in universe rather than their super hero ones. So I had to click links to find out who Scott Lang, Sam Wilson, and Clint Barton are because the writer was embarrassed to write out Ant-Man, Hawkeye, and Falcon in their multipage synopsis.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I wiki'd the End Game plot and am not surprised I am not going to miss anything.

It was annoying to read the plot because whoever wrote it up used the characters real name in universe rather than their super hero ones. So I had to click links to find out who Scott Lang, Sam Wilson, and Clint Barton are because the writer was embarrassed to write out Ant-Man, Hawkeye, and Falcon in their multipage synopsis.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
So falcon is brought back from his dusty state from Infinity War and does some more stuff to save the day to bring everyone else back from their dusty position?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It is funny hearing about all of the people who are getting into fistfights because of spoilers for a children's movie.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
It's shocking to me how many people are invested in it. When Star Wars VII came out, I was surprised by the people who said they hadn't seen any of the previous movies. Meanwhile, somehow a sizeable amount of people kept up with ~20 movies in this IP. I've only seen 3, and simply cannot believe the hype over generic superhero blockbuster du jour.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard