Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,842|5204|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Captain America - Civil War 7.5/10

It filled some time, cinema serves beer, I enjoyed it.
Does Budweiser have their 'murica beers out yet?
I don't know, we drink actual beer here.
Yeah right you all drink Fosters.  Fosters is shit.
CC-Marley
Member
+407|5401
Piss shit
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,653|5309|Oxferd
https://frinkiac.com/meme/S06E16/815714.jpg?b64lines=CiBTT01FVEhJTkcgV1JPTkcsIFlBTks_CiBOTy4gSVQnUyBQUkVUVFkgQklHLCBJCiBHVUVTUy4=
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,673|4678|eXtreme to the maX
Foster is the best beer in the world what are you talking about.
Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

Beer is manufactured by siphoning from unflushed urinals.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+209|2532|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Beer is manufactured by siphoning from unflushed urinals.
found the mormon!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,653|5309|Oxferd
2 fast 2 furious - shit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Member
+296|2292
2 fast is the second worst right behind tokyo drift.

imo

Fast and Furious 1 > Fast 5 > Fast 6 > Fast 7 > Fast 3  > 2 Fast >Tokyo Drfit

i liked them all except Tokyo drift. do not recommend.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+556|5286|Purplicious Wisconsin
Warcraft 7/10
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

pass
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+209|2532|SL,UT

War Man wrote:

Warcraft 7/10
wow, found the nerd
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,417|5227

I watched John Wick recently. I don't really care much for action movies these days, but I actually really liked this one. Action was well done, gun play was fun, I really loved the colors and cinematography and style.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|4725|what

The VVitch.

I really liked it. Good cinematography and the setting felt real with the language used. Plus no jumps scares just a slow build up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
SuperJail Warden
Member
+296|2292
Independence Day 2 is coming out tomorrow. It looks awful.


Only 20 years since America kicked the Aliens ass and saved humanity.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,842|5204|949

I was watching the first one last night.  It is funny.

IGN rated #2 as a 9/10.  IGN is a joke
SuperJail Warden
Member
+296|2292
IGN gave the new Doom a 71 while the average of all the other reviews puts it at 90+. They gave the latest Call of Duty a 91 though. Stupid.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,842|5204|949

full of hack jobs
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Independence Day 2 is coming out tomorrow. It looks awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXHN0sGbXfw

Only 20 years since America kicked the Aliens ass and saved humanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
I think people mostly watched the first movie to turn off their brain and watch explosions, not to be sucked into witty high-stakes drama.

Remember how the posters abbreviated it to ID4? I always wondered how they'd abbreviate the sequel. ID2? ID4-2? ID5? Or more recently ID4-2016.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,842|5204|949

i was hoping for "Day of Independence"

Or just "Independence"
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

IGN gave the new Doom a 71 while the average of all the other reviews puts it at 90+. They gave the latest Call of Duty a 91 though. Stupid.
At its best, Doom is everything it should be: a single-player campaign that’s just you, your super shotgun, and barely the amount of ammunition required to kill every single demon on Mars. It feels like a Doom game as you desperately try to find health pickups to keep you going, an ever-growing menagerie of demons snapping at your heels. It's exhausting and exciting and a little bit dumb, and when you're into it you're all the way in. At its worst, Doom is a repetitive series of enclosed rooms filled with demons, all of which you must kill to advance, complemented by a derivative and poorly thought-out multiplayer mode.
I don't honestly see how Doom is a little bit dumb but CoD is so fantastic. Normally a bad review of a game I like wouldn't bother me, but coming from IGN (who, like FF, nobody should pay attention to but somehow still do) it could hurt sales.

Executions teleport Doomguy a short distance to his target and render him temporarily invincible while they’re carried out, which makes them great for two slightly left-of-centre things — getting a moment's ironic peace in the middle of a firefight, and teleporting yourself loose when you clip through the floor (which happened to me more than a few times).
Some executions barely last a second. If not for the health that pops out, it would be suicide to lock yourself down in the middle of a fray with a dozen imps charging up a kamehameha. Without upgrades, you have to be practically on top of a demon to execute it, so teleportion is a bit of a misnomer. I've never clipped through the floor in all the time I've spent playing.

Honestly, the entire two pages of the review was a bit rambling and and difficult for me to pay attention to. The author seems to be a new reviewer and I can't find any other titles under his name.

I always think it's immature of the gaming community to gripe about their new favorite thing receiving unfavorable reviews (here's an article of paradox defending a reviewer from rabid fans*). But AAA mainstays getting unconditionally smashing scores while allowing writers to take out their pent up frustrations on the "littler guys" sort of justifies the public's accusation of corruption over at IGN.

* wrote:

Although we may in some cases disagree or be disappointed by a review, this doesn't detract from the fact that reviewers should have absolute freedom to give their own opinions of a game, free from external duress of any kind.
Especially free from editors, publishers, and the public would be the ideal.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was hoping for "Day of Independence"

Or just "Independence"
How about 28 Years Later.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,842|5204|949

it's because IGN takes bribes
SuperJail Warden
Member
+296|2292

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

IGN gave the new Doom a 71 while the average of all the other reviews puts it at 90+. They gave the latest Call of Duty a 91 though. Stupid.
At its best, Doom is everything it should be: a single-player campaign that’s just you, your super shotgun, and barely the amount of ammunition required to kill every single demon on Mars. It feels like a Doom game as you desperately try to find health pickups to keep you going, an ever-growing menagerie of demons snapping at your heels. It's exhausting and exciting and a little bit dumb, and when you're into it you're all the way in. At its worst, Doom is a repetitive series of enclosed rooms filled with demons, all of which you must kill to advance, complemented by a derivative and poorly thought-out multiplayer mode.
I don't honestly see how Doom is a little bit dumb but CoD is so fantastic. Normally a bad review of a game I like wouldn't bother me, but coming from IGN (who, like FF, nobody should pay attention to but somehow still do) it could hurt sales.

Executions teleport Doomguy a short distance to his target and render him temporarily invincible while they’re carried out, which makes them great for two slightly left-of-centre things — getting a moment's ironic peace in the middle of a firefight, and teleporting yourself loose when you clip through the floor (which happened to me more than a few times).
Some executions barely last a second. If not for the health that pops out, it would be suicide to lock yourself down in the middle of a fray with a dozen imps charging up a kamehameha. Without upgrades, you have to be practically on top of a demon to execute it, so teleportion is a bit of a misnomer. I've never clipped through the floor in all the time I've spent playing.

Honestly, the entire two pages of the review was a bit rambling and and difficult for me to pay attention to. The author seems to be a new reviewer and I can't find any other titles under his name.

I always think it's immature of the gaming community to gripe about their new favorite thing receiving unfavorable reviews (here's an article of paradox defending a reviewer from rabid fans*). But AAA mainstays getting unconditionally smashing scores while allowing writers to take out their pent up frustrations on the "littler guys" sort of justifies the public's accusation of corruption over at IGN.

* wrote:

Although we may in some cases disagree or be disappointed by a review, this doesn't detract from the fact that reviewers should have absolute freedom to give their own opinions of a game, free from external duress of any kind.
Especially free from editors, publishers, and the public would be the ideal.
That was pretty cool of Paradox. It is funny how that company manages to have the best and worst traits of any developer. Their game balance is awful and their DLC is overpriced but they still manage their community fairly for the most part.

The teleporting thing is partly true. I have teleported through things to get to a demon that was higher above me before. It is still tiny issue and is practically a case of cheating on my part since I always did it to get out of a bad situation.

Didn't IGN fire a reviewer for a bad review of a sponsor a few years back?

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-06-24 17:02:56)

unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,784|5344|USA

SuperJail Warden wrote:

That was pretty cool of Paradox. It is funny how that company manages to have the best and worst traits of any developer. Their game balance is awful and their DLC is overpriced but they still manage their community fairly for the most part.
The Paradox community is rabidly defensive of their titles. I remember mentioning lagginess and instability for HoI3 being somewhat akin to sticking my hand in a blender.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The teleporting thing is partly true. I have teleported through things to get to a demon that was higher above me before. It is still tiny issue and is practically a case of cheating on my part since I always did it to get out of a bad situation.

Didn't IGN fire a reviewer for a bad review of a sponsor a few years back?
I didn't think it wasn't. I just doubt it's very common. Stuff like that can still leave a strong impression on a player though. As to the second, that sounds familiar but I'd have to google it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard