-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
No the guy filmed at the start was the russian guy not the framed guy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

RTHKI wrote:

didnt know it existed
You have your priorities straight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

-Whiteroom- wrote:

No the guy filmed at the start was the russian guy not the framed guy.
Why did he have the framed guy's face?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Pretty sure he didn't. I kinda remember when they arrested him, thinking "that's not the same guy".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Huh, I can't even remember what he looked like thinking back on it. I'd have to skim through again at some point to see, but if they really did show the "actual guy" shooting and then show the wrong guy in custody, any mystery aspect still goes straight out the window and it becomes Tom Cruise 20132.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

The movie is better than the book imo.

no idea how you can even say that. and fitzgerald is far from in my personal top-rank of writers. but the great gatsby is a pretty damn good book. it's well told, the characters have depth, there's a lot of thematic insight and poignancy to the tale. the film has none of that. what you are essentially saying is that you prefer discardable, no substance sensationalism and audio-visual spectacle over a good tale that makes you actually think. okay. i'm pretty sure you're the only person i've heard yet, amongst a whole raft of critics/reviewers, who would say "the film is better than the book". rofl.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Sure, easy job, easy hours, and you get to teach an easy subject. I would never want to teach engineering, too much of a pain in the ass and I would be a complete asshole to bad students. With history, who cares? No one is gonna get killed by someone who snuck through with a D in history class
kill yourself. if you think a) the teaching profession (even for secondary level) is that easy to get into or b) it's 'okay' to ruin kids' educations with your shitty knowledge/lack of commitment and professionalism, just because you want to indulge some self-fancied image of yourself as a 'history don'.

your interest in history and being a history scholar clearly has not extended past the amazon best-selling non-fiction charts. you make yourself look like a real idiot sometimes. no one even tries to say that becoming an engineer is "easy" or "lacks effort", but you'll all too readily dish out the shit about other professions, which you clearly know nothing about and have not experienced. are you really that insecure? insecurity to the point where you'll make yourself look like a fool in public, just to protest too much?

"easy hours" as a secondary teacher it would kill your materially-obsessed fat ass to have to mark papers and draft up lesson plans/weekly schedules, all off the rata, unpaid.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-23 04:21:17)

at the theater i had a hard time choosing a flick to watch, really nothing on i want to see.. but no need to defend tom cruise.. i try to put up movies i *think* would relate to the bf2s audience..  action related...

anyone see this one? Mud http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935179/ heh  the choices at the theater right now im not happy about.... Reese Witherspoon caused this one to not get any advertising, 'don't you know who i am?'

another spectrum then..
Becoming Jane    9/10...  How Jane Austen grew into the writer she was known for,  a story of her passion for a man and the arrangement for her to wed another to save her family from debt(ring a Downton Abbey bell -season one? ) Tugs at the heart strings type of movie.

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2013-05-23 06:43:50)

oh The hangover 3 is out aye?
who first?

//
oo ooo they are going to make a Dazed and Confused follow up movie, now we are talkin 

https://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/638x425/1831767.jpg
http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies/55 … -linklater
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Sure, easy job, easy hours, and you get to teach an easy subject. I would never want to teach engineering, too much of a pain in the ass and I would be a complete asshole to bad students. With history, who cares? No one is gonna get killed by someone who snuck through with a D in history class
kill yourself. if you think a) the teaching profession (even for secondary level) is that easy to get into or b) it's 'okay' to ruin kids' educations with your shitty knowledge/lack of commitment and professionalism, just because you want to indulge some self-fancied image of yourself as a 'history don'.

your interest in history and being a history scholar clearly has not extended past the amazon best-selling non-fiction charts. you make yourself look like a real idiot sometimes. no one even tries to say that becoming an engineer is "easy" or "lacks effort", but you'll all too readily dish out the shit about other professions, which you clearly know nothing about and have not experienced. are you really that insecure? insecurity to the point where you'll make yourself look like a fool in public, just to protest too much?

"easy hours" as a secondary teacher it would kill your materially-obsessed fat ass to have to mark papers and draft up lesson plans/weekly schedules, all off the rata, unpaid.
Most teachers use the same lesson plan for twenty years. You think it takes skill to teach out of a textbook? Of course not, why do you think so many second rate people who want to skate through life, or whose priority is having a schedule that lines up with their future children, or who want an easy job it's impossible to get fired from go into teaching? I know A LOT of teachers, and I wouldn't trust the vast majority of them with educating my children if given the choice, even though they are my friends.

I'm not putting down the teaching profession by saying that I think I could walk in and do a good job. I know I would do a good job, much better than the people I spoke about in the previous paragraph. If anyone is feeling insecure here, it's you uzi, because you know damn fucking well that I'm more intelligent than you are and could do your job easily if I chose. That scares you.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Oh Christ
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

But jay, schools are full of liberal professors.

I don't think you would fit it at all.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay sure knows his Hegel. Checkmate Uzique.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
lol. all i get from jay's posts is an overwhelming sense of pity. i don't know how to console someone who clearly had such a shitty experience of education. only now he wants to extrapolate his terrible upbringing and experience to all schools/teachers. no, most teachers do not use the same lesson plan for 20 years. we haven't even had the same state curriculum in the uk for 5 years at a time. it keeps being changed. and that's just the average prole state sector. i went to a school that charged $60,000 a year. do you think the teachers there were lousy? please stop pinning your poverty-stricken experience on everyone.

+ lol. i have nothing to say to your last comment. jay you couldn't make it into a top school for undergrad, so what makes you think you are "more intelligent" than someone at doctoral, world-leading level? your arrogance knows literally no bounds. you humiliate yourself. time and time again.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Oh no! He read different books than me in college! He's clearly superior!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Macbeth wrote:

Jay sure knows his Hegel. Checkmate Uzique.

i'm writing on hegel (well, adorno's dialectical critique of hegel) right now. like, literally within the last 30 minutes.

i should send the paper to jay so he can finish it for me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Jay wrote:

You mean "wrote", surely?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

jay we've read your college-submitted papers. you got me to check one for you. it was fucking terrible.

i am 100% confident that even reading the same books as me (if you could even understand them), you wouldn't get 1/4 of the marks.

your arrogance is unbelievable.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol. all i get from jay's posts is an overwhelming sense of pity. i don't know how to console someone who clearly had such a shitty experience of education. only now he wants to extrapolate his terrible upbringing and experience to all schools/teachers. no, most teachers do not use the same lesson plan for 20 years. we haven't even had the same state curriculum in the uk for 5 years at a time. it keeps being changed. and that's just the average prole state sector. i went to a school that charged $60,000 a year. do you think the teachers there were lousy? please stop pinning your poverty-stricken experience on everyone.

+ lol. i have nothing to say to your last comment. jay you couldn't make it into a top school for undergrad, so what makes you think you are "more intelligent" than someone at doctoral, world-leading level? your arrogance knows literally no bounds. you humiliate yourself. time and time again.
You really believe that people don't see through your charade? You spend all day on here, and you're up until 4 in the morning every night posting. You're clearly unemployed and have nothing going on in your life. Your life is a fictitious internet persona.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

jay we've read your college-submitted papers. you got me to check one for you. it was fucking terrible.

i am 100% confident that even reading the same books as me (if you could even understand them), you wouldn't get 1/4 of the marks.

Need a link.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
lol jesus christ. you're going full retard. how long til you disappear for another day or two and then pretend you never posted this stuff?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Do one of these problems. Let me know how it works out for you.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51395/Screen%20Shot%202013-05-23%20at%207.13.36%20PM.png
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

anyone here could say the exact same thing about their own university-level work. what's your point? i have never said once that "engineering is easy" or "i could do engineering better than you, and that makes you insecure". you make those comments. i have never deigned to say such a stupid thing. i'm not the one claiming to be able to do engineering as well, if not better than you. you are saying exactly that about philosophy/history/humanities study. which is laughable.

macbeth could post a polisci question and you'd fail to answer it at a college level. aussie could post an IT-related question and you'd fail. what does that prove? didn't you just say one post ago in a sarcastic voice that "oh no! he read different books than me!". are you really so woefully ignorant that you cannot apply that same principle to yourself? so what's your point? other than making yourself look like an ass.

well done jay. you are a special little flower. you have a degree that has qualified you to answer questions or solve problems that people without your degree/training cannot answer. what a unique ability you have.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
jay some days you come on this forum and continually/cohesively post in such a way... i swear somedays you've been drinking at the wrong water-cooler, buddy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

anyone here could say the exact same thing about their own university-level work. what's your point? i have never said once that "engineering is easy" or "i could do engineering better than you, and that makes you insecure". you make those comments. i have never deigned to say such a stupid thing. i'm not the one claiming to be able to do engineering as well, if not better than you. you are saying exactly that about philosophy/history/humanities study. which is laughable.

macbeth could post a polisci question and you'd fail to answer it at a college level. aussie could post an IT-related question and you'd fail. what does that prove? didn't you just say one post ago in a sarcastic voice that "oh no! he read different books than me!". are you really so woefully ignorant that you cannot apply that same principle to yourself? so what's your point? other than making yourself look like an ass.

well done jay. you are a special little flower. you have a degree that has qualified you to answer questions or solve problems that people without your degree/training cannot answer. what a unique ability you have.
You morons try to beat me over the head with Hegel, as if any of you have any real understanding yourselves beyond what you heard in class. Well, do one of those problems. See how you do.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard