Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

the only oscar nominated film i've seen all the way through is django
Argo is a hunk of shit - totally unexemplary.
You walked out of the cinema, watched part of a download on your laptop, or are basing your opinion on other people's opinion?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-02-26 01:49:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
skyfall - fell asleep init so i should not rate.. tho he was a joy to watch, oh those blue eyes
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the only oscar nominated film i've seen all the way through is django
Argo is a hunk of shit - totally unexemplary.
You walked out of the cinema, watched part of a download on your laptop, or are basing your opinion on other people's opinion?
the second.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah I often note the similarities between Saving Private Ryan and the movie ET - The Extra Terrestrial.
it's nice when you make dumb comments. both films have different content, but pretty much the exact same directorial aesthetic and stylisms/trademarks. both films are noticeably 'hollywood' and particularly 'spielberg-hollywood'. you can't give the same guy awards for doing the same shit - no matter how well - for an entire career. it would be the equivalent of giving stephen king a new book award every single year.
the same guy...

starting with the Cage
8 Actors Who Look the Same on Every Movie Poster (Part 3)

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20288_8- … z2M1izLZRB
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

^I was about to post that, when suddenly kim~.

e: the opening of that article almost put me off. Yes, going to watch movies on a huge screen is caveman activity.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah I often note the similarities between Saving Private Ryan and the movie ET - The Extra Terrestrial.
it's nice when you make dumb comments. both films have different content, but pretty much the exact same directorial aesthetic and stylisms/trademarks. both films are noticeably 'hollywood' and particularly 'spielberg-hollywood'. you can't give the same guy awards for doing the same shit - no matter how well - for an entire career. it would be the equivalent of giving stephen king a new book award every single year.
You're great at attacking the straw man argument, but my point was that Saving Private Ryan was a better movie than Shakespeare in Love.

Justifying the choice by saying Spielberg can't keep winning because it's Spielberg, just reinforces my point that the Oscars lack integrity.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
they don't lack integrity, at all. the oscars is a hollywood celebrity congratulathon. if it really was for the 'best movie', spielberg would never win fucking anything. if you really think saving private ryan was the best movie made that year, you are a simpleton.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Uzique's right. we all know it was Pulp Fiction.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
1998 saw movies released by ingmar bergman, ken loach, lars von trier, angelopoulous, and terry gilliam (non-filmies will know that one: fear and loathing in las vegas). to put spielberg on a cinematic pedestal with any of those directors is fucking funny.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

AussieReaper wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You're great at attacking the straw man argument, but my point was that Saving Private Ryan was a better movie than Shakespeare in Love.

Justifying the choice by saying Spielberg can't keep winning because it's Spielberg, just reinforces my point that the Oscars lack integrity.
also i thought shakespeare in love was far better film - as artform - than saving private ryan. but then again i haven't been duped by tom hanks' 'emotive' performance since i was about 15, and still playing call of duty shooters. you are a simpleton.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England
There's only one category for foreign films. It's an American awards show for American-made movies. Get over it.

Last edited by Jay (2013-02-26 12:36:27)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
and america is pretty terrible in the world-ranking and estimation of cinema. hollywood makes the blockbusters and the popcorn-friendly box office fillers. as 'awards' and 'recognitions' of the artform? the film world considers america's most often referenced 'smart' directors, e.g. coen bros and thomas anderson and so like, as film-lite for a largely anti-intellectual audience.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No one cares.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
you do enough to mewl about it. several english films were released that year which were better than a spielberg identikit affair. i even listed about 3 in that quick summary which you dismissed as being 'foreign' and 'un-american'. you become a cute and thick-browed idiot when the cultural waters start to rise above your triple-chins, don't you jay? very backed-into-a-cornerish. perhaps stop engaging on subjects you know very little about?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, I'm serious. No one cares. No one is debating you. I told you that the Oscars are for American-made films and you're still trying to list foreign directors more worthy than Spielberg. It's completely irrelevant, because they aren't entered in the contest. Deal with it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
what are you talking about? plenty of 'foreign' directors, making 'foreign' based films, have won awards at the oscars. it's not "completely irrelevant" at all. a foreign director doesn't always make a foreign language film. do you have a clue what you are actually talking about? "american made films"? LOL. lawrence of arabia is one of the most popular oscar winning films of all time. how the fuck do you explain something like minilli (sp?)'s  gigi? you are a fucking idiot.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-26 12:54:53)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

what are you talking about? plenty of 'foreign' directors, making 'foreign' based films, have won awards at the oscars. it's not "completely irrelevant" at all. a foreign director doesn't always make a foreign language film. do you have a clue what you are actually talking about?
Yes, and they do so while working for American movie production companies.
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

i can't wait til Roman Polanski comes back to the states to make a movie!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

what are you talking about? plenty of 'foreign' directors, making 'foreign' based films, have won awards at the oscars. it's not "completely irrelevant" at all. a foreign director doesn't always make a foreign language film. do you have a clue what you are actually talking about?
Yes, and they do so while working for American movie production companies.
Lawrence of Arabia is a 1962 British epic film based on the life of T. E. Lawrence. It was directed by David Lean and produced by Sam Spiegel through his British company, Horizon Pictures, with the screenplay by Robert Bolt and Michael Wilson.
hey jay. don't come into a thread with your insta-dismissive "we don't care" attitude, when you are categorically talking out of your ass. about something you know nothing about.

you
thick
cunt
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
in the last 5 years alone:

slumdog millionaire?
the king's speech?

how about this entirely american affair

Amadeus is a 1984 period drama film directed by Miloš Forman and written by Peter Shaffer. Adapted from Shaffer's stage play Amadeus (1979), the story is a variation of Alexander Pushkin's play Mozart i Salieri (Моцарт и Сальери, 1830), in which the composer Antonio Salieri recognizes the genius of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart but thwarts him out of pride and envy. The story is set in Vienna, Austria, during the latter half of the 18th century.
shit, that's yankie through and through!

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-26 12:59:03)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
jesus christ... there's lots of award shows with lots of different winners that are in and from different countries. Find the one who selects winners you tend to agree with most and regard them higher than the others. Then stop worrying about the others.
it's not tough.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

jesus christ... there's lots of award shows with lots of different winners that are in and from different countries. Find the one who selects winners you tend to agree with most and regard them higher than the others. Then stop worrying about the others.
it's not tough.
who are you talking to
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
everyone
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Can't wait to see Titanic 2, Going Down Again!

https://i.imgur.com/GGDDBkV.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard