Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5609

coke wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I watched bladerunner for the first time last night. It was a very good movie but I don't understand why people dick ride it so much. It didn't seem groundbreaking at all.
Yeah doesn't seem ground breaking to someone seeing it for the first time almost 30 years after it's release, and has probably seen all the films that have been influenced by it since then, before seeing the source...
Groundbreaking was a poor word choice. I should have said exceptional.

In any case, how would Bladerunner be groundbreaking anyway? Have you seen it? It didn't seem to add anything that wasn't there in a many older sci fi's I have seen.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6732|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

coke wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I watched bladerunner for the first time last night. It was a very good movie but I don't understand why people dick ride it so much. It didn't seem groundbreaking at all.
Yeah doesn't seem ground breaking to someone seeing it for the first time almost 30 years after it's release, and has probably seen all the films that have been influenced by it since then, before seeing the source...
Groundbreaking was a poor word choice. I should have said exceptional.

In any case, how would Bladerunner be groundbreaking anyway? Have you seen it? It didn't seem to add anything that wasn't there in a many older sci fi's I have seen.
Of course I've seen it, and for when it was released it was miles ahead of other sci-fi in terms of plot, visuals, just the overall polish.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5609

The plot was good but it didn't ahead of other older sci fi. Compared to 2001 Space Odyssey or Clockwork...it doesn't do well. The only thing I would say it has on some of the older stuff is maybe the the polish. The visuals were better than most but visuals are hardly a thing to judge a whole movie on lest we proclaim Avatar to be a better movie than the Godfather.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6677
Which version of Bladerunner did you watch? 

Although all three of those movies are scifi, they are all attempting to do different things.  I feel like Bladerunner raises profound existential questions in much the same way as 2001, but maybe that's just me...

Go watch some other movies made in 1982 and tell me that the special effects come anywhere near Bladerunner.  Industrial Light and Magic did some good stuff with Star Wars, and Alien was well done, but pretty much everything else from that era is incredibly cheesy by today's standards.  The fact that Bladerunner still does an admirable job creating the neo-noir cityscape of a burnt-out L.A., even judged by today's standards, is saying something.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6496|Kakanien
final cut is best

score, cinematography and setting are outstanding. so is the acting

the plot is great. and, as has been said above, br has influenced almost any sci-fi movie that was shot after 1982
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
RocknRolla - 7/10

It was good, typical Guy Ritchie style, a little bit too similar to his previous work perhaps, this didn't quite live up to the heights of Lock Stock and Snatch. The story got a little too confused, and it seemed unfinished at the end, although there is a sequel in the works so I would look forward to that if it happened, I think it definitely does need a sequel.
I know fucking karate
on my last long flight
kung fu panda 2 - 7/10 - happy feel good movie.. i like how the bad guy is a peacock
midnight in paris -7/10  this be for da dreamers  .. imagine traveling back in time to 1920's paris and hanging out with great artists, writers and musicians. so cool

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-09-25 17:46:56)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6763
Green Lantern

4/10
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
The Sixth Sense - 8/10

I liked it, didn't see the twist at all, part of that was due to the excellent direction and filming.
I know fucking karate
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6599|London
Drive 7/10
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
61* - 8/10

I don't watch or know much about baseball, but this was still an awesome film, and one which any fan will enjoy I'm sure. Said before and will say it again, Barry Pepper is the most underrated actor alive.
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
Revolver ?/10

Really can't rate this one until I see it again, I think I just about got it, but fuck a duck that was one confusing film.
I know fucking karate
Stimey
­
+786|6143|Ontario | Canada
Drive 8.5
­
­
­
­
­
­
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6129|eXtreme to the maX
Date Night - Not drunk enough to find that funny/10
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
stephen king has written a sequel to the Shining http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s … eep-240853
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
Lars And The Real Girl - 8.5/10

What charming low key film this was, quirky indeed, amazing acting considering the unusual plot. The cast really managed to bring the emotions to the surface of this film, otherwise it could have been one hell of a flop.
I know fucking karate
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6763
Transformer darkside of the moon

4/10 watchable nonsense

That said giving the CGI 9/10 still looks stunning
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6763
Drive with Ryan Gosling

Great piece of film noir 8.5/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

Transformers 3 - 7/10

I went in with half-prejudgments about how much it was going to suck, and then I actually enjoyed it. 35% on rottentomatoes, but 67% from viewers, so I guess I'm with the viewers on this one. For what it is and the baggage it carries, I think the critics have been a bit unfair.

It was Transformers, and it was robots beating the shit out of each other and destroying human shit that gets in the way. Awesome. What more do people want?

Conan likewise got a low-ass score, but I'll probably love it anyway when I get around to seeing it.

(e: inb4 uzique)
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5928|CA
^I watched Transformers 3 with the notion that it was better then the second, but I thought it was on par, if not worse than it.  The plot was complete crap - but I suppose I have to expect this when the second one ruined any continuation of a decent plot, and majority of the audience care more about fast cars, big robots, fast action, and hot women than a genuinely interesting or somewhat complex story.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6764|OctoLand
Magnolia - 9.5/10

What a beautifully crafted film, with amazing performances by all involved. Paul Thomas Anderson is now without doubt my favorite director. Just a stunning piece of art, looking at human emotion in a way we would otherwise never get to see.

Brothers - 8/10

Surprisingly good, you would think the tragic war stories would have been done to death already, but this was an insightful look at what some troops have to go through and how they find it hard to return to reality.
I know fucking karate
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6763
Super Hybrid

5/10 watchable nonsense about a monster car that could change shape to any car that may have been a squid or alien and likes to eat people
Spin - 7/10 partiers piece together the night before.. this is pretty good story. i like th emusic init too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490701/

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-10-04 18:56:14)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6799|Moscow, Russia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It was Transformers, and it was robots beating the shit out of each other and destroying human shit that gets in the way. Awesome. What more do people want?
Megan Fox
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6761|Oxferd Ohire
nah
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard