justice
OctoPoster
+978|6761|OctoLand
Yeah, and kinda wished they'd lay off with the special effects...Mermaids turning into Spiderman etc....
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6761|OctoLand
American Beauty - 10/10

One of the best screenplays ever, one of the best soundtracks ever, and some of the best acting ever, what a film....Yeah I've only just finished watching it, so there may be some emotional bias here, but I am sure this will be one of my favorite films for years to come.

Last edited by justice (2011-09-05 16:05:02)

I know fucking karate
i love you phillip morris - 8/10 Yay!! a jim carrey liar liar mind fuck type movie that can be vulgar, hilarious and touching** it's a win.

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-09-05 16:06:26)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6761|OctoLand
Jim Carrey was great in that, totally underrated in serious/semi-serious roles.

Last edited by justice (2011-09-05 16:09:21)

I know fucking karate
Roc18
`
+655|5811|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
The Slaughter (2006) - 2/10

Horrible Movie, but it's a B movie so 2/10 in B movie terms is like 9/10.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6734|Purplicious Wisconsin

Roc18 wrote:

So, if my math is right, a 9/10 B movie would be like a 45/10 then, huh?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Roc18
`

War Man wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

So, if my math is right, a 9/10 B movie would be like a 45/10 then, huh?
No a 9/10 B movie would be a 2/10 regular movie like I just stated.

A 9/10 regular movie would be a 45/10 B movie.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6531|Gold Coast
Lost in Translation
10/10
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4862|Amsterdam
Fast and the furious Fast five
2/10

The only reason i watched it was because i had seen the other 4 (still dont quite know why) and this was exactly what i expected it to be.
The Diarrhea icing on a shit cake.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6761|OctoLand
Everything Must Go - 7/10

Not bad at all, a little heavier than I was expecting (Will Ferrell in the lead so...) but a nice film, worth the watch.
I know fucking karate
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6173|what

Source Code 5/10

pretty meh and a dumb plot hole of an ending that made zero sense.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

justice wrote:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides...4/10

This was, in all honesty, rather stupid.

Please, let's bring an end to this franchise now, and stop diminishing the name of the first movie, which was in its own right wonderfully original.
This. If you ever find yourself not caring how the movie ends, or which twist it will take.. whilst still watching the movie .. it's an abortion.

2/5
Xbone Stormsurgezz
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6760
Limitless

4/10 meh
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6173|what

paranoid101 wrote:

Limitless

4/10 meh
Needs a sequel.

Ppetty boy vs DeNiro with them both on the drug / vying for world domination!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6493|Kakanien
watched over the last few months (copy and paste from my moviepilot profile):

lawrence of arabia 9/10

sherlock holmes 5,5/10

the texas chainsaw massacre 7,5/10

before sunrise 7,5/10

soylent green 7/10

double indemnity 7,5/10

revolutionary road 8/10

the tree of life 7,5/10

la dolce vita 8/10

tetsuo 7/10

o brother, where art thou? 7,5/10

high fidelity 8,5/10

die hard 7/10

the apartment 8,5/10

heat 8/10

persona 9/10

rear window 8,5/10

(500) days of summer 8/10

magnolia 9/10

rashomon 9/10

låt den rätte komma in 8,5/10

hotaru no haka 9,5/10

antichrist 9/10

moby dick 7,5/10

paths of glory 8/10

irréversible 9,5/10

bringing out the dead 7,5/10

repulsion 8,5/10

some like it hot 8,5/10

serkalo 9/10
sherlock holmes is the only one you despise.. why?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

https://s1.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/5b/30/86/5b30860108f8cfff1aa3a7f3195c79293423e7bd_wmeg.jpg
..should be the point at which you throw a shoe at your tv, hoping to hit the power button... not that the gal isn't attractive or anything, although her head is oddly shaped, but mermaids?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4862|Amsterdam

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

antichrist 9/10
You've got to be serious.
All he did was make a movie with great cinematography and not an awful lot of anything else but genital crushing.
It was highly rated, and so many critics loved it even though they could barely finish it simply because it was so 'in-you-face'.

I honestly found it very overrated. It was filmed beautifully and the character development and interaction (beside the gential crushing) was amazing, but the plot felt very watered down.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6761|OctoLand

Kmar wrote:

..should be the point at which you throw a shoe at your tv, hoping to hit the power button... not that the gal isn't attractive or anything, although her head is oddly shaped, but mermaids?
Indeed, it was all down hill from there (not that it was ever really uphill), I appreciate they were trying to do something different with this one, with some new locations and characters, but then you've got the same old Jack Sparrow and it didn't fit together.

BTW Kmar, looks like a totally legit copy you have there lol.
I know fucking karate
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6493|Kakanien

Kampframmer wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

antichrist 9/10
All he did was make a movie with great cinematography and not an awful lot of anything else but genital crushing.
It was highly rated, and so many critics loved it even though they could barely finish it simply because it was so 'in-you-face'.

I honestly found it very overrated. It was filmed beautifully and the character development and interaction (beside the gential crushing) was amazing, but the plot felt very watered down.
imo, the movie thematizes in a brilliant fashion (and beautifully filmed) the topics guilt, grief, hatred, regret, despair, fear etc which are basic human sentiments that everyone has experienced in his life. that's why i can relate to the two main characters (and, to a certain degree, to their actions)

i also like the criticism on religion and gender roles

but the movie is a nightmare, a glance at a place (i.e. hell) that you never again want to enter

+ gainsbourg's and dafoe's performance is outstanding
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6493|Kakanien

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

because it's a bad movie. the more i think about it the more i come to the conclusion that 5,5/10 is actually still too much. the story was boring and not surprising. i also think that the idea of making holmes an action hero is pretty stupid

i'd rather watch the bbc mini series...
Roc18
`

Kmar wrote:

Her head is fine, it's DAT FOREHEAD that's the problem

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

because it's a bad movie. the more i think about it the more i come to the conclusion that 5,5/10 is actually still too much. the story was boring and not surprising. i also think that the idea of making holmes an action hero is pretty stupid

i'd rather watch the bbc mini series...
i havent made it through the movie yet myself... fell asleep 2 times now. ^5
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6363

justice wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Indeed, it was all down hill from there (not that it was ever really uphill), I appreciate they were trying to do something different with this one, with some new locations and characters, but then you've got the same old Jack Sparrow and it didn't fit together.

BTW Kmar, looks like a totally legit copy you have there lol.
Watched that yesterday. Surprisingly boring. Too much shenanigans. I didn´t mind the mermaids though, thought they fit nicely into the piratey theme.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4862|Amsterdam

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

antichrist 9/10

imo, the movie thematizes in a brilliant fashion (and beautifully filmed) the topics guilt, grief, hatred, regret, despair, fear etc which are basic human sentiments that everyone has experienced in his life. that's why i can relate to the two main characters (and, to a certain degree, to their actions)

i also like the criticism on religion and gender roles

but the movie is a nightmare, a glance at a place (i.e. hell) that you never again want to enter

+ gainsbourg's and dafoe's performance is outstanding
No it wasn't.
The way he portraid the emotions was very much left in the background in favor of showing controversial footage, simply for attention.
The man is talented and has great potantial (i am a little curious as to how Melancholia turned out) but he is just screaming for attention, and its working.
He tries so hard to be 'edgy', so he pull stunts like this movie, containing scene that offer no direct purpose other than shock (no, there is no deeper meaning behind this) because he knows that this will get him tons of publicity, mostly because it is so extreme.
Honestly, half the scenes are just made to get attention and to shock (but once again, not with a deeper meaning) like his little stunt that got him kicked out of Cannes.

The man just wants people to remeber his movies, wether its because the are 'artsy' and 'edgy', like he wants them to be remembered, or (which is a lot more likely), because it contained shocking scenes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard