CC-Marley
+407|6840

Uzique wrote:

you must all strive to see this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2 … nes_o.html
Now I want to quadruple the size of my doomsday box.
Sturgeon
+488|4952|Flintshire
Hangover 2 - 7/10

Funny in parts, just cashing in on the first movie though, storyline is exactly the same, except it's the grooms brother in law to be not the groom that goes missing...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

Sturgeon wrote:

Hangover 2 - 7/10

Funny in parts, just cashing in on the first movie though, storyline is exactly the same, except it's the grooms brother in law to be not the groom that goes missing...
spoiler tags! use them!

Spoiler (highlight to read):
like you couldn't guess from the trailer
Sturgeon
+488|4952|Flintshire
Tom Cruise and Bruce Willis are in it too, they kill Schwarzenegger and Obama
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6508

im renting kung fu panda.. havent seen it yet. *ducks*
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Saw it once. Nothing to write home about, but not bad.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5485|Ventura, California

Superior Mind wrote:

Eat Love Pray

I got 10 mins in then shut my tv the fuck off.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

American Thor is a walking inaccuracy.
there were 2 things that sort of bothered me a bit:
1) Why was he never wearing his helmet? Those 2 wings are more or less thors signature look. He only wore the damn thing for 5min.
2)Heimdall was black.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

I mean this Thor, not Marvel's. Marvel Thor is so inaccurate it makes me laugh.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
oic.
Well the movie was about marvels thor. But chill out bro. Im well aware of the actual thor and i dont even link the two together any more.
Theres Thor (marvel) and than there thor (god). To me, two completely separate and different things.

Its seems silly to compare heroes/villains to their real counterparts.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-06-01 01:05:44)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Nothing to chill out about. It's just laughable. If Marvel turned Thor in to a tree-hugger, maybe they can bring Jesus back as a bloodthirsty immortal jerk so the two can duke it out in Ye Olde English.

I still intend to see the movie, hopefully before it leaves theaters. I just can't take the Marvel depiction too seriously.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
Why not?
Its not really a depiction of the god thor if you ask me. The movie is a depiction of the comic book character thor (the movie is a bit innacurate here) and the comichero thor is based off of the god thor, but i wouldnt call it a depiction as I'm pretty sure that Marvel is well aware of the many inaccuracies.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
So go see the movie and maybe even get entertained by it (they way tehy intended too) and dont think of the movie as the bad answers to a history test.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

chillout unnamednewbie
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

chillout unnamednewbie
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Kampframmer wrote:

Why not?
Its not really a depiction of the god thor if you ask me. The movie is a depiction of the comic book character thor (the movie is a bit innacurate here) and the comichero thor is based off of the god thor, but i wouldnt call it a depiction as I'm pretty sure that Marvel is well aware of the many inaccuracies.
I don't really get where your coming from, since my initial gripe was with the ridiculous dissimilarities between Marvel Thor and Thor Thor. I have no idea how different the movie is from the comics since I've never read more than a couple issues, but I'm still going to point out that any complaint about differences has already been preempted by older dissimilarities since the character first hit the comic shelves. So make Heimdall black. What difference does it make?

I've already said that I'd like to see the movie, in pages before this one.

Kampframmer wrote:

Kmar wrote:

chillout unnamednewbie
[selfquote]Nothing to chill out about. It's just laughable.[/selfquote]
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
the inaccuracies between thor thor and comic thor dont matter. Especially when watching the movie.
Comic thor has very little right when it comes to the god thor, why???? Because it is not meant as an accurate depiction.
Sure, it might be laughable how little he has in common with the god, but why bother even thinking about it? When watching the movie, or seeing him in a comic, it never crosses my mind what he's like compared to the god thor.
Whe youre looking for historical accuracy in fictional characters you just cant link those two together. Theres just no need for it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

Read the karma I gave Kampframmer newbie
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam

Kmar wrote:

sort of worked i guess lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

If the dissimilarities between the myth and the comic don't matter, then why should anybody care if the movie changes things up a bit? They don't even put much stock in their own continuities, creating alternate realities whenever their writers have a whim to. Thus, I've never cared too much if one of the movies was radically different, so long as it was a good movie.

Kampframmer wrote:

Kmar wrote:

sort of worked i guess lol
Though I'm hardly ever mad when being told to chill out. This time, I was just driving a point.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
I never really cared about comic movie innacuracies taht much as they will always be there. Most of the time its for the benefit of the movie because certain comic elements just would work in em.
But as far as the comparing goes, well that seems pretty relevant (even if you dont care). because the movie is an actual depiction of the comic character (not the story, they always make a new one or changed one drastically for the movie). So character inaccuracies are a pretty big deal because a certain iconic character is what a whole comic movie is based on.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6612|132 and Bush

The Summer Movie season looks a bit dull to me. Mainly sequels.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
wasnt 2011 the year with the most sequels ever?

I had a, info picture/graph thingy of it, but i didnt save it.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/02/15/20 … e-sequels/
close enough

wouldnt surprise me if we break this record again the next 2-3 years.

<---Originality                                                    Hollywood---->

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-06-01 01:55:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard