valentine's day  6/10 wow look at all the famous people in this movie. too bad it isn't that good.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
Salt-7/10

Don't even bother.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6315|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Salt-7/10

Don't even bother.
I expected as much tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6801|PNW

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Salt-7/10

Don't even bother.
For me, 3/10 would have been don't even bother. 7/10 is about average.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6315|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Salt-7/10

Don't even bother.
For me, 3/10 would have been don't even bother. 7/10 is about average.
erm...

Shouldn't 5/10 be Average ?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6801|PNW

Only if you'd rate the average movie as being smack-dab in the middle of piss-poor and epically awesome. I'd say the average is a bit higher than that.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Only if you'd rate the average movie as being smack-dab in the middle of piss-poor and epically awesome. I'd say the average is a bit higher than that.

blademaster wrote:

10--> outstanding
8-9 -->very good
6-7 -->average (meh its k)
4-5 -->below Average
0-3 -->piece of shit
This is ridiculous.

Should be

1-Hated it
2-Did not like it
3-Liked it
4-Really liked it
5-Loved it
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6182|what

You rate them out of 10 though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

Yea.. I follow the guidelines set in the op reaper.

https://i.imgur.com/C8DYW.jpg
6.5/10

Didn't really see any "dark secrets". However, not a complete fail as far as chronicling his life. Still there are large gaps left out of his professed logic and reasoning. Needs more substance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
Salt- 2/5
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5267|Cleveland, Ohio
salt  1.23/10
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

^crappy story? acting? all of the above?

I knew there was a reason I avoided it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
horrible story line, twists didn't seem "shocking" at all, so cliche and overdone it made me sick to my stomach, totally unrealistic. acting was unbearable.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2011-01-26 21:53:41)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6768|Toronto | Canada

I didnt mind salt, it had a nice unexpected twist at the end and was a regular fun action movie

In The Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - 7/10
My first real Uwe Boll experience, what a fantastic movie.  And when I say fantastic I mean in the way that it was so awful and COMPLETELY copied LOTR for pretty much the entire movie that it was hilarious.  Seriously, there were nazgul, mount doom, isengard, orcs, wizards, a legolas lookalike, a shire, mountain passes that looked the exact same as lotr, im pretty sure they filmed their forest fights in the same forest... it was amazing.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
it's one of those action films with too much action and not really any substance. the twists will leave you confused and going "okay." tries way too hard.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

yea, those pretty much bore the hell out of me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
like harry potter.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

One thing I thought was cool is the role was originally for Tom Cruise and it was only partially rewritten to have Jolie in the role.  I'd have to give her respect for that, you dont have a lot of female action heros that can take on such a physical role.  Especially ones in their mid 30s
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

I should get The Beat That My Heart Skipped (De Battre Mon Couer s'est Arrete) tomorrow.
Jacques Audiard has it on good authority that I will like it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
salt, the expendables, and all those other cheesy, mindless action flicks that appeal to idiots who think something that goes boom in a movie=worthy of an award, should only be seen so one can differentiate a 'good' movie from a 'bad' one.

i also always hate how they keep over doing the "russia v us" scenario over and over and portray the us as the good guys. i'm sure it's the us-russia swap positions when it comes to russian films of this level. as if it's only those two countries that are always at it with each other.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6567|Long Island, New York

13/f/taiwan wrote:

it's one of those action films with too much action and not really any substance. the twists will leave you confused and going "okay." tries way too hard.
it definitely tried way too hard, but it wasn't AWFUL as compared to some other action films nowadays
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6373

Winston_Churchill wrote:

One thing I thought was cool is the role was originally for Tom Cruise and it was only partially rewritten to have Jolie in the role.  I'd have to give her respect for that, you dont have a lot of female action heros that can take on such a physical role.  Especially ones in their mid 30s
I wouldn´t mind her going physical on me...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

13/f/taiwan wrote:

salt, the expendables, and all those other cheesy, mindless action flicks that appeal to idiots who think something that goes boom in a movie=worthy of an award, should only be seen so one can differentiate a 'good' movie from a 'bad' one.

i also always hate how they keep over doing the "russia v us" scenario over and over and portray the us as the good guys. i'm sure it's the us-russia swap positions when it comes to russian films of this level. as if it's only those two countries that are always at it with each other.
i dont think you can group salt and the expendables in the same group.  salt actually had a storyline, the expendables was just pure action.  and nobody said it was award worthy, just enjoyable.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6630|132 and Bush

Uzique has Time Regained in his member title. Based on previous recommendations I might try it out.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13/f/taiwan
+940|5728
kmar try "a serious man." i loved that film.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_serious_man/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard